Gilman

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

Gilman alums in the league are Cyrus Jones, Darius Jennings,and Brandon Copeland. Who are the other 2?

#22 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

Kiser I think is one

#23 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

You are right. Kiser is with the Rams. Is there a 5th player from Gilman?

#24 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

You are right. Kiser is with the Rams. Is there a 5th player from Gilman?

Hank Poggi is on the Patriots roster. As a Gilman guy, you should know this!

#25 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

I hope Gilman becomes a local and regional power in foosball, cornhole and hackysack. However, the demise of the program formally known as Gilman would please me more than anything else HS Athletics-related ever could.

You’re horrible! I’m so happy I’m not there to witness this debacle.

#26 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

You’re horrible! I’m so happy I’m not there to witness this debacle.

Your verbal abuse scarred me for life. I’m a victim, not horrible. Lol! Seriously, Gilman is an afterthought as far as football goes. Basketball should be a little better.

#27 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Your verbal abuse scarred me for life. I’m a victim, not horrible. Lol! Seriously, Gilman is an afterthought as far as football goes. Basketball should be a little better.

They’re worse than an afterthought, they might lost to Loyola this year. In fact, I want them to. No point in winning one game. I want McDonogh to put a running clock on them.

I can’t wait for basketball season. Think Gilman is a Top 10 team in the area, top 4 in the MIAA.

#28 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Hank Poggi was released by the Patriots. He is back at the University of Michigan as a graduate assistant

#29 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

They’re worse than an afterthought, they might lost to Loyola this year. In fact, I want them to. No point in winning one game. I want McDonogh to put a running clock on them.

I can’t wait for basketball season. Think Gilman is a Top 10 team in the area, top 4 in the MIAA.

Not so fast my friend. Rucker, Drew & Missouri are a good start but your four freshmen phenoms probably won’t be ready for prime time. No bench could spell trouble for your Greyhounds. I’d say top 15 because Poly, Patterson, Mervo, City, Dulaney, New Town, Milford Mill, SFA, McDonogh and MSJ will all probably be better. That’s not counting additional Harford & Howard county teams that may end up in the top 15.

#30 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Not so fast my friend. Rucker, Drew & Missouri are a good start but your four freshmen phenoms probably won’t be ready for prime time. No bench could spell trouble for your Greyhounds. I’d say top 15 because Poly, Patterson, Mervo, City, Dulaney, New Town, Milford Mill, SFA, McDonogh and MSJ will all probably be better. That’s not counting additional Harford & Howard county teams that may end up in the top 15.

Foster kid is still there, and have those sophomores from last year are very very good. I told you, I think the one kid is actually better than Missouri. They are loaded. Now, let’s see if this coach can take it to the next level.

#31 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Hank Poggi was released by the Patriots. He is back at the University of Michigan as a graduate assistant

I didn’t know that. I thought he was on the roster two weeks ago.

#32 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

We might be down in football, but we are still leading young men to do big things! Congrats to this young man, this is always what Gilman is really about. He will so much bigger things in life than most that ever walked the halls of the school. https://www.instagra...tv/Bo12iR4h20y/

#33 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Congrats to Thomas Booker for making Freshmen All American. Tried to tell people that the kid was legit. Thought he was just as good as Taron Vincent, with a much bigger upside. Next Gilman NFL player.

https://247sports.co...2018-126139156/
  • TheGuru and Oldtime like this

#34 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:04 PM

Booker had a nice freshman year but not as good as Vincent. How do they judge freshman all american, i believe Anoma got it as well and he didnt play in 7 games and only had 9 tackled

#35 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:22 PM

Booker had a nice freshman year but not as good as Vincent. How do they judge freshman all american, i believe Anoma got it as well and he didnt play in 7 games and only had 9 tackled

Anoma didn’t make the team. The other two DL that made the team were from Clemson and NC State. Booker had the best freshman year out of all the true freshmen in the country on the DL.

Until Taron shows it on the field, we don’t know. Booker is taller, faster and better athlete. Taron is a dog. Booker had to do too much the last two years at Gilman, so he didn’t have the monster year he would have on another team. When Booker and Taron were ninth graders, Booker played more than Taron. Taron blew up sophomore year. People forgot that Booker had close to 10 sacks that year, and only played like 6 Galesburg on defense.

#36 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

My bad Anoma was SEC all freshman team

#37 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Taron overrated just like Jordan was Booker definitely the better player imo than both your beloved d lineman

#38 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:48 AM

Booker definitely deserved it. He showed out his freshman year.

#39 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

Taron overrated just like Jordan was Booker definitely the better player imo than both your beloved d lineman

You can’t put Ellison in the overacted category. Kid got the worst luck. ACL injury, and then broken knee cap. Wasn’t overrated, just hurt. And I’ve always been a Booker dude. RM7, is probably the only one that came out back in the day to say that Booker was going to be bettter than all of them.

#40 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

Injuries played a part but the upside of Booker and the kid from McDonogh were just better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=