Congratulations to both Wise and CHC.

#2 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:50 PM

C Halls defensive line and linebackers are good but that rb is something to watch good feet with lights out speed

#3 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

Indeed, what a great game Gooch.
I’m sure the CHC running back will be playing on Saturdays in the future.

Wise will again be a state contender for sure.

TurkeyBowl should be interesting this year, Loyola has a new D Coordinator that is turning things around for them.

#4 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

I heard Loyola is looking pretty good

#5 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

Indeed, what a great game Gooch.
I’m sure the CHC running back will be playing on Saturdays in the future.

Wise will again be a state contender for sure.

TurkeyBowl should be interesting this year, Loyola has a new D Coordinator that is turning things around for them.

Loyola doesn’t have the horses to play with the Cardinals this season. There’s a reason why the Dons stepped down from the A Conference. Things haven’t changed that fast just because Loyola played good defense against Boys Latin.

#6 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

I heard Loyola is looking pretty good

Gooch, Loyola has played three MIAA B-Conference teams in the first 3-4 games of the last 5 seasons. Some years they’ve done well against some semblance of Boys Latin, Archbishop Curley, John Carroll, St. Paul’s & St. Mary’s, but it never helps them in the end. They’ve lost 8 out of the last.10 on Thanksgiving game and this year will make 9 out of 11

#7 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:51 AM

Loyola was handling Fort Hill pretty good last week before the storms called the game

#8 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

Loyola was handling Fort Hill pretty good last week before the storms called the game

So you say, JBMAD. Any film out there? I’d love to watch.

#9 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

I'm sure you can find some somewhere GURU. Not saying they are world beaters but definitely much improved over last years team

#10 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

I think sometimes you get false sense of teams because level of competition they are playing. Huge difference between MIAA B and A. I believe CHC beats Loyola by 28+. We will see soon. I believe Loyola still has a couple A teams in their schedule. Then reality will settle in. They are a B level team for now.

#11 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

https://www.loyolabl...-sports-network

BL Loyola game

#12 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

I'm sure you can find some somewhere GURU. Not saying they are world beaters but definitely much improved over last years team

From the Cumberland Times-News:

“The little bit of the game that was played was a bit unique. In those 14:30 there were seven punts, six three-and-outs, five penalties and three first downs. Fort Hill had 37 yards and two of the first downs. Loyola had 68 yards, with 54 coming on one pass play.”

See the rest of the article:

http://www.times-new...bb2a6cb190.html

#13 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Yeah and the Wise coach said they were beaten by the refs not CHC. Always 3 sides to every story

#14 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:37 AM

C Halls defensive line and linebackers are good but that rb is something to watch good feet with lights out speed

I agree Gooch. Tucker (#24), the MIAA 100, 200, 4X100 and 4X200 champion, makes great cuts and can outrun defenders to the end zone. As my brother ‘85Knight so aptly put it, “Tucker runs like Saquon Barkley.”

As for the defense, Wooden (#42) and Lennon (#17) harassed the Wise QB all day and set the edge against the run. Their DTs held up strong against Wise’s big offensive line. CHC’s LBs are pretty good, too. Kahlil Glover (#5) dominated against the run and showed good pursuit to the ball. Finally, the Cardinals DBs gave up a few big plays but generally played the ball when thrown there way.. The WVU commit, Hazelton, didn’t torch the CHC DBs as I thought he might.

#15 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Yeah and the Wise coach said they were beaten by the refs not CHC. Always 3 sides to every story

Both teams were penalized heavily yesterday. The refs even picked up a flag against Wise late in the game on a trick play that resulted in wise getting into the red zone in the last minute or so in the game. It could’ve been called an ineligle receiver downfield. To compare an “instant classic” to 14 minutes of football in Cumberland is simply ridiculous. Loyola could have lost the game if they played all 4 quarters. CHC beat the three-time defending 4A state champion Wise team in a slugfest while breaking their 43 game winning streak.

#16 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

Like i said not calling thwm world beaters just saying much improved. And yes your guys are showing up big so far this year. Not compairing anything at all except This years Loyola team to last years team

#17 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Like i said not calling thwm world beaters just saying much improved. And yes your guys are showing up big so far this year. Not compairing anything at all except This years Loyola team to last years team

Understood. CHC’s game against Riverdale Baptist could be a trap game. Hope the Cards aren’t overconfident.

#18 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:31 AM

Understood. CHC’s game against Riverdale Baptist could be a trap game. Hope the Cards aren’t overconfident.

I think CH is really tough from what I have seen

#19 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

I think CH is really tough from what I have seen

I agree but in the last 5 seasons CHC lost games that they should have won. They blew games at Gilman in 2017, at Riverdale Baptist in 2016, at John Carroll in 2015, at SFA in 2014 and against Loyola in 2013. Hopefully this year will be different.

#20 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

I agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=