#42 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

I don’t see all the outrage you guys do.

You've always loved the Yankees.
  • fishteacher likes this

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Heyman:

not to pick on anyone when they're down, but the orioles did a lot better for Britton than the mets did for Familia. Tate is the yanks' No. 6 prospect (plus the other 2 guys going to Baltimore are solid), mets got Oakland's No. 17 prospect and a bit more.

#44 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Astros couldn't do better than this? UGH!

The trade would be the Yankees #6-9 depending on the list you read, Carroll at #15, and Rogers #37

A week ago everybody said we'd get nothing but scraps for Britton ....I know its the Yankees but be real ....Three guys 2 starters and a set up man for 2 months of Britton whos looked great minus the walks in his last 8 innings. Tough Crowd

Roll Tide

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,518 posts

No problem dealing with the Yankees.

Can see wanting younger, potentially higher upside types.

Do think there is something to believing the O's wanted guys they could put on that Norfolk shuttle.  Options. Can contribute to the ML roster.

Logically, would think the O's took what they considered the best deal.
If others didn't step up and offer more... shame on them.  (Looking at you Houston...)

Duquette made the trade with the Dodgers.  I'm sure he made this one as well.
Sure Buck gave some input, doubt he made the call.

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

I have to think hard about whether Id rather have the comp pick

This is WAY better than the comp pick.

#47 Dystopia

Dystopia
  • Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Rogers sounds like trash. Carroll is okay.

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

The trade would be the Yankees #6-9 depending on the list you read, Carroll at #15, and Rogers #37

A week ago everybody said we'd get nothing but scraps for Britton ....I know its the Yankees but be real ....Three guys 2 starters and a set up man for 2 months of Britton whos looked great minus the walks in his last 8 innings. Tough Crowd

I think the overall value is fair. I just don't like the specific guys. Old prospects need to be discounted more than I think lists like these discount them.

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Hunter just said that Britton is out in the Oriole bullpen.

That’s because he’s still a member of the Os because of the medicals

#50 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Interesting ZB parting comments (just relayed on the broadcast) how devastating he thought that 2016 WC game was for the organization.
  • fishteacher likes this

#51 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Interesting ZB parting comments (just relayed on the broadcast) how devastating he though that 2016 WC game was for the organization.

I dont buy it. They were 22-10 or something like that last May.

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

No problem dealing with the Yankees.

Can see wanting younger, potentially higher upside types.

Do think there is something to believing the O's wanted guys they could put on that Norfolk shuttle. Options. Can contribute to the ML roster.

Logically, would think the O's took what they considered the best deal.
If others didn't step up and offer more... shame on them. (Looking at you Houston...)

Duquette made the trade with the Dodgers. I'm sure he made this one as well.
Sure Buck gave some input, doubt he made the call.

Only input. But God awful input. How can anyone justify making the Yankees better while adding to the Norfolk Shuttle. Adding to that depth is fine when you have a core, we do not. Had to at least get a guy who had core upside, even if risky. Eff this deal, it's terrible. And shame on everyone being cool getting a generic, shit deal like this while helping the Yankees. I'd go right back to not dealing with Cashman. Can't lose that way.

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

<p>I don't think the O's offer the comp.pick. but I'd rather have this than the comp pick.<br />
<br />
Rather have Sauer than all 3 guys we are getting though. I never learned anything about the Astros or Cubs prospects, so can't compare to other potential deals. Also probably weren't actually getting anyone who was rumored from those other teams.</p>

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

Value is fair. Profiles are what I don't like.

Low upside. Tate has already changed scenery so I don't think he's a change of scenery guy. Maybe the 25 y/o RP in his first season above A+ is able to stick in a MLB pen, but he's probaby more like a Mike Wright.

Old guys at low levels. Meh.

I'm much higher on Carroll based on his stats, rankings, and the little I've read than you are. He's a late bloomer, but what he's done in the past year and a half plus the scouting reports are quite impressive. Obviously being a reliever limits the upside of his value, but I'm happy with him being included in this deal. Like I said, I wish the headliner was better though.

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

Olney:

It is unclear if the Yankees can land a starting pitcher in trade who can be a difference-maker. Britton is an upgrade if he continues to progress. Other teams say the return for Orioles is solid.

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

I'm much higher on Carroll based on his stats, rankings, and the little I've read than you are. He's a late bloomer, but what he's done in the past year and a half plus the scouting reports are quite impressive. Obviously being a reliever limits the upside of his value, but I'm happy with him being included in this deal. Like I said, I wish the headliner was better though.

Still learning. And haven't read any scouting reports on him. But at first glance I like Pop better than Carroll.

Age being the main reason.

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,518 posts

Only input. But God awful input. How can anyone justify making the Yankees better while adding to the Norfolk Shuttle. Adding to that depth is fine when you have a core, we do not. Had to at least get a guy who had core upside, even if risky. Eff this deal, it's terrible. And shame on everyone being cool getting a generic, shit deal like this while helping the Yankees. I'd go right back to not dealing with Cashman. Can't lose that way.

Tate has some upside, even if it's tied to his formal draft profile.

Zero problem getting 3 guys you control long-term, who each reasonably have a chance at contributing to the ML roster for 2 month rental.

If someone had beat the offer with a a high end prospect, he'd be going 'there' instead of NY.

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Helping ML rosters do what?

#59 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

If I had to guess, I'll guess that Tate ends up a good RP, but not a closer. Other guys don't contribute.

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Mark Feinsand:

Here’s what one trusted scout thinks of Dillon Tate, the headliner in the NYY-BAL Britton trade: “He’s a future No. 4 with potentially more impact in the pen. Big fastball, plus slider, makings of a useable changeup.” Scout likes the deal for the Orioles.

More from the scout on the Orioles’ return: “Two Top-15 prospects from one of the best systems in baseball and they get rid of all the money on a rental reliever.” Easy to see why Baltimore was OK dealing Britton within the AL East.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=