535 replies to this topic

#41 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

I think Ricard has potential. I assume he focused all offseason on FB. I also like what Boyle does too. I dont think a roster decision will come down to one or the other.

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

Hensley:

Ravens place six players on PUP to start camp: G Marshal Yanda, DE Brent Urban, tight end Vince Mayle, CB Jaylen Hill, LB Bam Bradley and WR Quincy Adeboyejo. It's an expected precautionary measure with Yanda, who is coming off a season-ending ankle injury.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,667 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

Hensley:

Ravens place six players on PUP to start camp: G Marshal Yanda, DE Brent Urban, tight end Vince Mayle, CB Jaylen Hill, LB Bam Bradley and WR Quincy Adeboyejo. It's an expected precautionary measure with Yanda, who is coming off a season-ending ankle injury.

No real surprises.

I figured with the early start, they would be very careful with the guys who were hurt most of last year.

@mikeghg

#44 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

As for all the roster machinations...I think the important part at this stage is that training camp and preaseason performance for the guys mentioned on the bubble are going to be really important. The flavor of the preasons games given the high number of rookies, the number of bubble players, AND Lamar Jackson is going to make the preseason exciting to follow (as most here have said and agree on). 

• AndyGuyader likes this

#45 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

No real surprises.

I figured with the early start, they would be very careful with the guys who were hurt most of last year.

No real surprises.

Jimmy Smith not being on there is a surprise. Minor medical miracle.

#46 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

I'm still shocked Siragusa wasn't either. Particularly given how bad the injury was said to be. Lots of posters here speculating he'd be out of this year, too, given the severity. 

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,667 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

Jimmy Smith not being on there is a surprise. Minor medical miracle.

Good point.

They will go very slow with Jimmy.  If he stays on the field, this year, the defensive backfield should be very good.

@mikeghg

#48 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

I'd like to see Tim White makes the team based upon pure return ability, but I am also intrigued by what he brings to the receiver corps with this speed. He had a really productive preseason last year.

#49 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

Good point.
They will go very slow with Jimmy. If he stays on the field, this year, the defensive backfield should be very good.

The Achilles scares me at his age. He was a guy that couldn't really afford to lose a step. Kind of like Revis. He's a physical guy that was just fast enough.

#50 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

I'd like to see Tim White makes the team based upon pure return ability, but I am also intrigued by what he brings to the receiver corps with this speed. He had a really productive preseason last year.

WR is potentially going to be really tight. 

Crabtree, Snead, Brown, and Moore appear to be locks. Others including me have said Lasley and Scott are. When was the last time we carried 7 WR.

I really do see us only carrying White (or Grant) if we don't carry Williams.

WR competition 5-7 is going to be interesting for sure. 

• Hooded Viper likes this

#51 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,667 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

WR is potentially going to be really tight. 

Crabtree, Snead, Brown, and Moore appear to be locks. Others including me have said Lasley and Scott are. When was the last time we carried 7 WR.

I really do see us only carrying White (or Grant) if we don't carry Williams.

WR competition 5-7 is going to be interesting for sure. 

I think we carry 7 this year.  The Ravens will not put Lasley or Scott on the street, in an effort to get them to the practice squad.  I think they are both the type to get claimed quickly.

I will be anxious to see if they try Moore as a punt returner.   That would be the way to get to 6.  

@mikeghg

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,667 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

I am probably missing someone, but I believe we only carried 5 to start last year.

Wallace

Maclin

Moore,

Perriman

Campy.

The only other I can think may have been on the OD roster was Chris Matthews.  

@mikeghg

#53 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

It's hard to remember opening day rosters, but I can't think of a time when we carried 7 WRs. That'd be a change for us. And we haven't carried 3 QBs in forever either. Maybe both of those change this year.

Is there a DB that can return kicks in that bunch? That'd be the way for one of those guys to step forward. 

It's incredible the depth we have at DB btw. Considering that Hill is PUP and likely won't be activated until Week 8 just because there is absolutely no need. Webb was kind of valuable in that sense that we didn't need it to be a WR. I wonder if a guy like DIxon might get a look? 

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,667 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

I looked through the DB's the other day, and I do not see anyone who has returned punts.  At least those who, are likely to make the roster.

Dixon has returned kicks, but unless I am missing it, not punts.  I think Moore could do it, but I think he has a chance to step up as a receiver and if he does, I am not sure they will keep him there.

@mikeghg

#55 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

I looked through the DB's the other day, and I do not see anyone who has returned punts. At least those who, are likely to make the roster.

Dixon has returned kicks, but unless I am missing it, not punts. I think Moore could do it, but I think he has a chance to step up as a receiver and if he does, I am not sure they will keep him there.

Moore doesn't offer enough as a Wr to justify pulling him off of special teams. It's not like he's a irreplaceable #1 WR that we would be doomed without.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

The guy I wonder about is Perriman.  I think you have to cut him but he may get another chance because he was a first rounder...but if he is 5th, 6th or even 7th on your depth chart, you aren't treating him like a first rounder anyway, so why keep him?

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

I will be pretty surprised if Perriman gets that roster bonus 3 days in.

#58 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

I don't see any way Perriman is kept.  It's $1.6M in cap savings if they cut him.

Maybe, just maybe, they cut him and then resign him to a league minimum, non-guaranteed deal to see what he can do in camp.  But no way do they pay him his ~$650k bonus due on the 3rd day of camp or his ~$950k base salary if he makes the team.

#59 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

The guy I wonder about is Perriman.  I think you have to cut him but he may get another chance because he was a first rounder...but if he is 5th, 6th or even 7th on your depth chart, you aren't treating him like a first rounder anyway, so why keep him?

I think he's gone. But if you dont' carry Correa, Kaufusi and Perriman you're cutting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder this year. 

I agree, maybe it doesn't matter. But you wonder how the Ravens will treat guys that have been drafted high. Interesting to watch. 

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

I think he's gone. But if you dont' carry Correa, Kaufusi and Perriman you're cutting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder this year. 

I agree, maybe it doesn't matter. But you wonder how the Ravens will treat guys that have been drafted high. Interesting to watch. 

If they are moving Correa back to his natural position, I think he gets that chance.

They will keep Kaufusi for depth IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=