#41 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

What the hell kind of league are you in McNulty?

I'm certainly not very good at FFB, but the only other guy who kinda gets it took Dalvin Cook in the first round.  

Its one of those 'voluntary' (mandatory) work things.  My unit only has 10 people so a few are going to have no idea whats going on.  

However, the prize for first place is a customized jersey.

@fuzydunlop

#42 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

Nice. Well good luck

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just finished my keeper auction.

I kept ODB, David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, and Michael Thomas.  I had $136 entering the draft ($200 per team before keepers, but I had acquired $66 extra from trades last season).

$54 Gronk  (TE)

$40 Mike Evans (Flex)

$8 Philip Rivers (QB)

$4 Ben Roethlisberger

$10 Rashaad Penny

$6 Sony Michel

$6 Jordy Nelson

$1 Courtland Sutton

$1 D'Onta Foreman

$1 New Orleans

$1 Justin Tucker

Pretty happy.  I wanted to land two of Gronk, Rodgers, Evans, J. Jones, AJ Green, and Barkley who were the top players not kept, and was able to do that.  Really like the getting the two 1st round rookie RBs as my backups at reasonable prices.  If either hits it big, I'm in great shape this year and for the future.

I meant to get Tyler Eifert as backup TE, but walked away for a minute and I missed his auction (he went for $2).  I also let both rookie 1st round WR (Ridley and Moore) go for cheaper than I would have in retrospect, would have liked either of them for $5 or less, rather than spending on Nelson.

#44 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

Wow. Tucker went for $7 in our league but we just changed the rule that 60+ yard FGs count for 6 points.

QBs went super low in our draft. Ben went for $6. Luck for $5.

I got Brees for $29 which is still kinda low. My starters are

Brees
Kamara
Cook
AJ Green
JuJu
Kelce
Forget who my kicker is LOL
Ravens D

I have Collins, L Murray, back up SD RB, Gollaway, and forget who else on the bench. Like my starters.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#45 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

QB:

Roethlisberger @ CLE

Rivers vs. KC

FLEX:

Chris Carson @ DEN

Tevin Coleman @ PHI

Don't think I can go wrong with the QB matchup. Leaning Carson for flex since he should get the bulk of the carries even going against a solid DEN D.

#46 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

QB:

Roethlisberger @ CLE

Rivers vs. KC

FLEX:

Chris Carson @ DEN

Tevin Coleman @ PHI

Don't think I can go wrong with the QB matchup. Leaning Carson for flex since he should get the bulk of the carries even going against a solid DEN D.

Ben tears up CLE, and maybe without Bell, he throws even more.

Carson is the #1 in SEA while Coleman is behind Freeman in ATL. So, Carson.

I think you at least got to go with opportunity plays in week 1 until things shake out. Maybe in a couple weeks Carson gets more opportunity, but Coleman is doing more with limited chances, like a Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson type last year. Then you can put Coleman in. Until then though, go with the guy most likely to get 20+ touches.

• Mackus and Chris B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#47 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:47 AM

WR: Baldwin @ DEN

Tate vs NYJ

Cooper vs LAR

Flex: Collins vs BUF

Drake vs TEN

Leaning towards Tate because its the Jets and Collins with BUF. 

@fuzydunlop

#48 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

Tate vs NYJ

Cooper vs LAR

Drake vs TEN

Agree with you on both. I'm sitting Baldwin in one of my leagues until I see him (somewhat) healthy and on the field.

#49 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

Tate vs NYJ
Cooper vs LAR

Drake vs TEN

Yep. Tate and Collins would be my plays
@BSLMikeRandall

#50 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

QB:

Roethlisberger @ CLE

Rivers vs. KC

FLEX:

Chris Carson @ DEN

Tevin Coleman @ PHI

Historically, Ben's home/road splits have been really bad. He does crush CLE but it's like really bad. I'd lean Rivers. 

I think Carons is a must against Coleman. Neither is a good matchup so you gotta go with volume. 

#51 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:47 PM

Tate vs NYJ

Cooper vs LAR

Drake vs TEN

Collins is a clear play vs Drake. I don't think Drake is going to be the goal line back. 

Tate though...he's a boom or bust guy. Cooper is going to log a ton of targets, IMO. I have no idea who else the Raiders are going to throw the ball to. I think a wait and see might be justified, but if the Lions go up big early on the Jets, Tate is going to disappoint. Where I think the Raiders and Cooper will be chasing the Rams most of hte game. 

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

I have no idea who else the Raiders are going to throw the ball to.

Jordy Nelson and Jared Cook.

#53 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Jordy Nelson and Jared Cook.

I meant that are open, zing! Seriously though, a 33-year-old in a new system and a 31-year old that couldn't get over the hump with Aaron Rodgers...I'm just not convinced they are high impact players. 

I think Cooper is going to get 12-14 targets a game. And if the Raiders can stay within striking distance of a high scoring game, I like Cooper in that scenarios upside over Tate. Who is going to fight harder for targets (Jones and Golladay) and likely have a team with a significant lead. 

But I'm all in on Cooper personally this year...so. 

#54 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

I've been offered David Johnson for Saquon Barkley, straight up. The guy is a Giants fan. This kinda feels like a no-brainer, which is why I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing, other than the fact that he's a Giants fan.

Non-ppr. It's a redraft league with one keeper that costs you a 1st.

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

In the keeper league format I'd probably hold onto Saquan.  He's 5 years younger.  I'd take Johnson ahead of him this year in a re-draft, but add the keeper potential and I think the much younger guy has the better value.  You're splitting hairs between two top-10 guys, though, IMO.

I think that Johnson's recovery from injury is less of a concern than the complete unknown about how Barkley will transition to the NFL.  My best guess is that he will hit the ground running and be a stud from Day 1, much like Zeke or Cook in recent years.  But there is always the chance that he doesn't and turns into another Trent Richardson or, if not that disappointing, simply a guy, a solid RB2, but not a top-10 RB stud.  But even with that, 5 years buys a lot of time in fantasy football. 

#56 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

In the keeper league format I'd probably hold onto Saquan.  He's 5 years younger.  I'd take Johnson ahead of him this year in a re-draft, but add the keeper potential and I think the much younger guy has the better value.  You're splitting hairs between two top-10 guys, though, IMO.

I think that Johnson's recovery from injury is less of a concern than the complete unknown about how Barkley will transition to the NFL.  My best guess is that he will hit the ground running and be a stud from Day 1, much like Zeke or Cook in recent years.  But there is always the chance that he doesn't and turns into another Trent Richardson or, if not that disappointing, simply a guy, a solid RB2, but not a top-10 RB stud.  But even with that, 5 years buys a lot of time in fantasy football. 

Yeah, I'm not particularly worried about DJ returning from injury. And the keeper rule in this league is that you can only hold on to a player for the following season after you draft them, so I'd have either player for two seasons at most.

I believe in Barkley's ability (even though I wouldn't have drafted him at #2 if I was the Giants), and I expect him to get the volume to have a good fantasy year even if he doesn't play like a stud out of the gate. I had no qualms about drafting him. But being a rookie and running behind that Giants line I think are downsides.

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

With only getting a max of one year of keeper benefit, I'd take the trade.  I like Johnson in '18 & '19 better than Barkley.

• Chris B and Bmore Irish like this

#58 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

Dalvin Cook or Alex Collins?
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#59 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

I should've known better. Now he's trying to trade Johnson and Mike Evans for Barkley and Deandre Hopkins, which I don't like at all.

He also has Michael Thomas, so I'm considering countering for Johnson and Thomas instead, but this is starting to look like a bust.

#60 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

Dalvin Cook or Alex Collins?

I assume you were pretty deep on value on Cook. I think ultimately they have similar games. 

Cousins has a weird historical pattern of being realy bad in Week 1 the last two years. Which makes me worry a little bit about what happens to Minnesota. 

But I'd roll with Cook. I assume you picked him higher. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=