274 replies to this topic

#181 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:51 AM

Do your waivers reset every week?  I wouldn't burn a #1 claim on any of those guys, but if it's use it or lose it, then go ahead.

No, you can stay at #1 all season if you needed to.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#182 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

Officially 9-0 with a playoff berth clinch and a 186-point advantage over 2nd place in Points For.

Roster is:

Ben Roethlisberger

Michael Thomas

Juju Smith-Schuster

Todd Gurley

Joe Mixon

Travis Kelce

Matt Breida

Will Lutz

MIN DEF

Bench is:

QB: Philip Rivers

RB: Chris Carson Nyheim Hines, Devontae Booker

WR: TreQuan Smith, Chris Godwin

TE: Jack Doyle

Right now, extremely top/starter-heavy so that is good, for now (and the playoffs). I am looking to get GB DEF and CIN DEF off waivers soon. In a perfect world, I can couple Jack Doyle and Carson/Breida for a better RB since TE is so couple league-wide. 

#183 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:17 PM

No, you can stay at #1 all season if you needed to.

I'd keep that then and wait until free agency to make your pickups. 

Both in case someone busts out and is a priority add in later weeks or, more likely in your case, if a playoff opponent of yours needs to pick up a particular guy in an emergency you will have the option to block them.

#184 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:26 PM

https://www.theringe...otball-defenses

OK, so I've altered my thinking.

Definitely picking up Jets defense with the #1 waiver. Someone will take them if not me, and the Jets play the Bills twice in the next 5 weeks including this week. Downside is they'll play the Bills again week 14 when I hope to be on bye, but I'll worry about that later. I could use them this week, and that's worth a #1 waiver IMO.

Also, Detroit defense. Gonna try to get them once waivers end. They play the Cardinals week 14 (again, I hope to be on bye then) and then the Bills week 15.

Still going to try to land OJ Howard during waivers round 2 but I don't think I'll get him.

Anyway, I thought I'd keep Carolina defense, but they're droppable based on their upcoming schedule.

So looking ahead for the defenses I want to use based on what is available.

Week 10 Jets v Bills

Week 11 Cardinals v Raiders or Ravens v Bengals (Bengals will be without AJ Green)

Week 12 Ravens v Raiders

Week 13 I'll try to land Packers for Cardinals at Packers but they'll probably be taken

Week 14 Jets at Bills

Week 15 Lions @ Bills

Week 16 Packers @ Jets

So Jets, Lions and Packers are the defenses to own looking forward to the stretch and playoffs.

• Chris B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#185 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:47 PM

I was offered Zach Ertz for David Johnson and Jimmy Graham.  Is that a trade worth making?  I'm trying to instead trade Dalvin Cook and Jimmy Graham, but he's not biting.

WR - ODB, Thomas, Evans

RB - Mixon, D.Johnson, White, Cook, Michel

TE - Gronk, Graham

We start 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, and FLEX. 

Ertz would be a $26 keeper which is borderline keepable next year.  Johnson would be $40 which also is borderline keepable especially if he finishes strong.

I think that the points I gain going from Graham to Ertz are more than the points I lose going from Johnson to...Cook/Michel/Evans.  Basically I start choosing my RB/FLEX from 4 excellent options instead of 5 excellent options.  But it still feels like an overpay.  And if Gronk gets back to being Gronk, then I wouldn't even play Ertz.

The 2-for-1 also would give me some bench flexibility so I can start pre-emptively adding defenses for the stretch run.

#186 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Golladay or OJ Howard?

#187 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

Golladay if you want the higher floor, Howard if you want the upside. 

I went with Rivers this week in my weekly Rivers/Roethlisberger tossup.  Oops.  I know Ben was at home but Thursday nights can be weird and Rivers has the Raiders.  He should still have a big game.  I think this will be only the 2nd week I haven't picked the higher scorer.  My QB points trails only the guy who has Mahomes, so it's been a great combo.

#188 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Made a pair of trades that ended up getting me Ertz and Fournette for David Johnson, Jimmy Graham, and $2 of future budget auction.

A bit worried that Johnson will finish strong, but Ertz solidifies up my TE position and I'm still real deep at RB.

#189 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:25 PM

Honestly I’d probably trade Johnson for Fournette straight up.

@fuzydunlop

#190 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Thought I was catching a break when my matchup was against the guy starting Trubisky and Allen Robinson while he had DeShaun Waton and DeAndre Hopkins on a bye.

100% definitely not the case.
@BSLMikeRandall

#191 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

It's been a pretty good season. 10-0 and only about 250 points between me and the next highest scoring team.

#192 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

Big Ben at JAX or Rivers vs. DEN?

#193 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Ben
  • Chris B likes this

#194 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:51 AM

Rivers
  • Chris B likes this

#195 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

Rivers, although either is a fine choice this week.

I've got the same choice and going Rivers this week.  I'm 8-for-10 in picking right between the two of them weekly.  Although last week was a huge miss as Ben went bonkers and Rivers didn't need to do much against the lowly Raiders.  Ben has been hot lately though and Jacksonville has been cold, but I usually choose Rivers at home over Ben on the road.

It's been a great combo.  Adding up the points I've gotten from QB each week I'd have more points than any other QB except for Mahomes.

• Chris B likes this

#196 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

Would anyone play Dalvin Cook over either Joe Mixon or Mike Evans?  Tough matchups all around.  Thinking I leave Cook on the bench since more than ~10 touches aren't a guarantee for him.

#197 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Rivers, although either is a fine choice this week.

I've got the same choice and going Rivers this week.  I'm 8-for-10 in picking right between the two of them weekly.  Although last week was a huge miss as Ben went bonkers and Rivers didn't need to do much against the lowly Raiders.  Ben has been hot lately though and Jacksonville has been cold, but I usually choose Rivers at home over Ben on the road.

It's been a great combo.  Adding up the points I've gotten from QB each week I'd have more points than any other QB except for Mahomes.

I think I'm 7-of-10 in picking them right (also missed last week) but it hasn't hurt me yet. 

#198 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Would anyone play Dalvin Cook over either Joe Mixon or Mike Evans?  Tough matchups all around.  Thinking I leave Cook on the bench since more than ~10 touches aren't a guarantee for him.

I think I still need to see more of Dalvin... I would probably start Evans out of that trio.

#199 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:04 AM

Cam @ Det

Ryan home against Dal

Leaning towards Cam

#200 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

4 or 6 point passing TDs?

Probably Cam either way, but definitely if it's a 4 pt league.  Ryan has sick numbers at home, though, so really can't go wrong.

• DuffMan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=