• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1001 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:39 AM

While at the Long Reach/Dunbar scrimmage I was talking to one of the Dunbar coaches and heard a few SFA kids have already transferred out. One went back to Poly, and now has to sit out the season since he played in last weeks game.

East

Coast

Fan

#1002 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

SFA 55 Simeon 0 F

BSL: St. Frances Season Preview

https://www.baltimor...rivate-schools/

The Panthers are in a class by themselves. Literally and figuratively. The Baltimore juggernaut heads into September ranked as the #2 team in the country by Max Preps, with an opportunity to take the top spot in two weeks when they travel to Cali’ to take on the top ranked Mater Dei Monarchs.

The Panthers would have gladly took this national route last season, had its former colleagues in the MPSSAA carried their vendetta; sooner, rather than later. The members of the MIAA cited player safety as the reason for the refusal to compete against the Panthers, but by that time, most major players had their ‘18 schedules filled.

No matter how you slice it, the Panthers program has featured as much talent as any high school in the country over the last three-plus years, while posting a 35-2 record over that span. The Panthers went 2-11 in 2015, before Coach Biff Poggi’s crew migrated from Gilman.

The Panthers have 21 players either committed or received offers from Power 5 schools, headlined by Alabama commit Chris Braswell, the #1 ranked weak side defensive end in the country, LSU commit Jordan Toles, one of the best safeties in the country, cornerback Luke Hill, headed to Oregon next season, and Demeon Clooney, joining Toles at LSU next year. All four rank among the top 10 in the country at their position.

Running back Blake Corum and outside linebackers Osman Savage and Nikai Hill-Green, all Michigan commits, add to the Panthers riches. Defensive tackle Dominic Bailey, a Tennessee commit, and Pitt commit Michael Stratham, along with Michigan commit Micah Mazzccua, fortify the lines with 900 of quality pounds, between them. Add in juniors Aaron Willis and Clinton Burton, who both hold ‘Bama offers, and the vast amount of talent becomes ridiculous to calculate.

The Panthers opened the season in South Florida, trouncing then #15 Miami Central, 49-13, announcing its arrival in 2019.  The Panthers raced out to a 23-0 lead before the Rockets moved the ball in St Frances territory.

Corum gained 155 yards from scrimmage and scored four touchdowns, sophomore quarterback John Griffith played solid, and the Panthers dominating defense thrived. The Rockets dropped to #23 in the Max Preps rankings, following the loss.

The Panthers followed the opening week blowout with a 55-0 blowout shutout of Simeon IL. Again, Corum scored four touchdowns, and the defense was impenetrable. Hill-Green returned an interception for a touchdown, Willis returned a fumble recovery for a touchdown, and a Luke Hill interception set up another score in the rout.

The Panthers head to Cali’ in two weeks to take on Mater Dei, in a national showdown, on the biggest stage any team from this area has ever seen. The Monarchs blew out perennial state power Centennial, 42-12, in their opener. Two weeks following their marquee matchup in Cali, the Panthers travel to New Jersey, to take on regional power St Joseph’s Regional, who went to Cali’ and knocked off J Serra in its opener, 24-13.

If the Panthers are able to survive and advance through September unblemished, USA Today #6 IMG awaits October 18th, possibly the last obstacle on the their paved road to a national title.

In ‘18, the Panthers became the sixth Maryland team to finish ranked among the top 10 in the country in USA Today’s final poll, joining their ‘17 team, DeMatha’s ‘86 and ‘16 teams, and Good Counsel’s ‘11 and ‘12 teams, finishing 4th, for a second year in a row.

@aka_themamba

#1003 HSFootballFan

HSFootballFan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

The QB for Simeon was tough. The kid had Big heart, wish him the best in the future.

#1004 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

The QB for Simeon was tough. The kid had Big heart, wish him the best in the future.

Simeon was 🗑 I didn’t see anything out there

#1005 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

Simeon was I didn’t see anything out there

Saw the Chicago Sun-Times had Simeon ranked 9th in Chicago coming into the season. 

https://chicago.sunt...gs-chicago-2019

#1006 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Simeon was I didn’t see anything out there

This would have been a great game, had it been basketball. Commend them on taking the game. Let’s be real, SFA is in another level. They’re pretty much IMG Northeast. They have kids from around the country, I didn’t even know the super impressive soph WR #11 is from GA. They should only lose to teams like SJC and IMG. As those two schools seem to be the only other schools left in the country that’s bringing in kids from multiple states. Gorman got out of the game. I think it’s great to bring light to East Baltimore, and hope they win the MNC. But they shouldn’t be ranked in the area Polls IMO. They don’t play any area teams. So if they lose to Mater Dei and/or IMG, do they drop out of number 1? What’s the standard?
  • ECF likes this

#1007 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

So, I guess since you bankroll all of SFA... You can disrespect the school by wearing your former school attire on the sideline ?? Dont want to hear it was turned inside out !!

Yeah ECF....I didn't realize it was a Gilman shirt until later.  Guess it was his way of taking a shot on national TV at his former school.  Still not sure how I feel about it now.

• ECF likes this

#1008 WV82

WV82
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:01 AM

I was wondering if St.Frances football games are broadcast on the radio?If so what station.Thanks

#1009 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:27 AM

I was wondering if St.Frances football games are broadcast on the radio?If so what station.Thanks

No

East

Coast

Fan

#1010 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

Will the St Frances - Mater Dei game be televised?

#1011 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Will the St Frances - Mater Dei game be televised?

Its not on the ESPN schedule thats listed on USA Today. Maybe they add this game since its 1 vs 2 

https://usatodayhss....otball-showcase

East

Coast

Fan

#1012 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:14 PM

https://a.fsgo.com/g...t1jyX6jib7MUgsA tonight's game

#1013 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:32 PM

Coaches exposed . Blitzing too much imo

#1014 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:19 AM

What was the score? Can’t find it anywhere.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1015 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:42 AM

What was the score? Can’t find it anywhere.

Final was 34-18, but it wasn’t even that close. SFA scored with about 2 mins remaining, MD was basically playing prevent D at that point. Also, SFA’s second TD came after an obvious fumble but then was called down. Great thing about the Bosco stadium, is that they had Jumbotron that replayed the plays. Would have given the ball to MD on SFA’s 25 yard line or so.

#1016 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:55 AM

Out coached once again in every phase of the game. But once again it’s all about Biff an he makes sure everyone knows.

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:
Is it just me or would a parent not like their kid being portrayed as a desolate poor inner city kid that Bifff saved on national TV? What are these parents thinking? Is it that important to pound your chest your kids is on a top ten team in country for high school that you will let the narrative be your kid is some homeless downtrodden kid in need?

Serious: the school must be having second thoughts about whether to have a football program next year. This is a horrible statement about the school that only serves Poggi.

#1017 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

Out coached once again in every phase of the game. But once again it’s all about Biff an he makes sure everyone knows.

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:
Is it just me or would a parent not like their kid being portrayed as a desolate poor inner city kid that Bifff saved on national TV? What are these parents thinking? Is it that important to pound your chest your kids is on a top ten team in country for high school that you will let the narrative be your kid is some homeless downtrodden kid in need?

Serious: the school must be having second thoughts about whether to have a football program next year. This is a horrible statement about the school that only serves Poggi.

LOL! Codbeard has been whining about homelessness since the beginning of time. At least, since Biff & Co. set up shop at St Frances. The Panthers traveled 3,000 miles and lost to the #1 team in the country. They can’t win for losing, LOL! Funny, this is the sixth year in a row that people have speculated as it being the Panthers last season of football, including the last 3. Last year, it was “they’ll never be able to fill a schedule”. LOL!
@aka_themamba

#1018 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Coaches exposed . Blitzing too much imo

Biff is the Danny Schneider of high school football. He thinks having a roster full of stars wins championships.

#1019 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

Good effort last night by SF but boy was I wrong about the kid Young and MD . Young’s a special talent and it showed on the big stage . The kid made SF DC look like a youth ball coach .

SF defensive scheme was all wrong and MD exposed it early . Blitzing every play against a talent like Young was stupid imo . SF had size and speed all over the field but were out matched on the chalkboard.

Corum is as good as they come and it showed last night .

SF allowed drives of 97,40,80 yards for touchdowns along with 10 points off 2 turnovers. No second half adjustments by SF at all .

Overall a one sided affair due to SF not being prepared for that aerial attack . I hope you lap dogs don’t call me a hater I’m just calling it how I saw it .SF Coaching Exposed !

#1020 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Good effort last night by SF but boy was I wrong about the kid Young and MD . Young’s a special talent and it showed on the big stage . The kid made SF DC look like a youth ball coach .

SF defensive scheme was all wrong and MD exposed it early . Blitzing every play against a talent like Young was stupid imo . SF had size and speed all over the field but were out matched on the chalkboard.

Corum is as good as they come and it showed last night .

SF allowed drives of 97,40,80 yards for touchdowns along with 10 points off 2 turnovers. No second half adjustments by SF at all .

Overall a one sided affair due to SF not being prepared for that aerial attack . I hope you lap dogs don’t call me a hater I’m just calling it how I saw it .SF Coaching Exposed !

Young and Corum both showed why they are top prospects for sure. Coaching definitely played a huge part in this game. The oline play for SFA imo is weak and Corum basically had to do it on his own. WR for MD are all very good, catch anything close to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=