129 replies to this topic

#101 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

4-star Dual-Threat QB Lance LeGendre (New Orleans, LA) chooses Maryland over Florida State. Huge pickup for Locksley and his staff.

That’s what I like to hear.
@BSLMikeRandall

#102 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:15 PM

Sounds like Cross won't be signing with anyone today.

Word is that Cross' father is refusing to sign his LOI to play for Florida State because he'd rather have him play for Penn State. Maryland has entered the picture as a home-state compromise. Doesn't sound like this is going to be resolved anytime soon.

@BSLZackKiesel

#103 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

Word is that Cross' father is refusing to sign his LOI to play for Florida State because he'd rather have him play for Penn State. Maryland has entered the picture as a home-state compromise. Doesn't sound like this is going to be resolved anytime soon.

That is bizarre.  I know Cross would be a good get for Maryland, but almost wonder if his signing would wind up being a festering problem for Maryland.

@mikeghg

#104 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Fuck the NCAA.  Why is the age requirement to sign a LOI 21 and not 18?  Ridiculous.

#105 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Fuck the NCAA.  Why is the age requirement to sign a LOI 21 and not 18?  Ridiculous.

So parents can receive under-the-table benefits to direct their kids to certain programsTo protect naive children from making bad decisions, of course.

• BSLMikeLowe, Mackus, Mashed Potatoes and 4 others like this
@DJ_McCann

#106 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

BSL: National Signing Day Recap

In just about two months, Michael Locksley and his staff were able to put together a 17-player recruiting class. In this article, I break down each of these recruits and what they bring with them to College Park.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeLowe like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#107 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

A little ironic that the Locksley photo is one of him sitting next to Hurts.  :lol:

But in all seriousness, the LeGendre get was a huge difference-maker. Obviously it flipped the narrative in terms of how the national media perceived the Terps' class (they made it as a NSD "Winner" on a couple lists). More importantly it filled a huge need, as adding a QB that could compete for the starting job this summer was essential. And since the transfer market didn't work out, it looked bleak until Locksley pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

I am concerned that they didn't get a RB for the second year in a row. It's currently a deep unit, so it won't be noticed this season, but in 2-3 years it will. They need at least one of Marshawn Lloyd/Blake Corum next year, and maybe both...or at least someone comparable from outside the region.

#108 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:20 AM

This years clsss isn’t good imo they are banking on 2020 and 2021 kids to get the bal rolling for them

#109 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Just read an online article from USA Today:

https://usatodayhss....fsu-his-parents

Hate when stuff like this happens.

#110 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

Just read an online article from USA Today:

https://usatodayhss....fsu-his-parents

Hate when stuff like this happens.

These type of parents will ruin a kid

#111 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

A little ironic that the Locksley photo is one of him sitting next to Hurts.  :lol:

That's actually Will Likely.  :wink:

@BSLZackKiesel

#112 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

That's actually Will Likely.  :wink:

Oops.

#113 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

At this point I almost hope he does end up at FSU somehow. Not that I wouldn't want him at UM...but if this is accurate it's an absurd case of overbearing parenting. And at least FSU wouldn't be Penn St.

• Mackus likes this

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

FWIW....If you are a believer in the crystal balls on 247 sports, I have good news for you. The Terps got a total of 7 of them today (Feb 11) from various writers on Nick Cross.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#115 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

FWIW....If you are a believer in the crystal balls on 247 sports, I have good news for you. The Terps got a total of 7 of them today (Feb 11) from various writers on Nick Cross.

Typically gives a decent idea of where things are trending. Better that Maryland seems to be trending upwards than Penn State, but we'll see.

@BSLZackKiesel

#116 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:30 AM

Locksley just sent up the bat signal! Looks like we've landed Cross.

@BSLZackKiesel

#117 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:50 AM

Locksley just sent up the bat signal! Looks like we've landed Cross.

It's official. Cross to UMD. HUGE pickup for Locksley, and Cross will likely start immediately at a thin safety position.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#118 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

I like that he notifies us when something happens.  Takes the guess work out of it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

@fuzydunlop

#119 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

I like that he notifies us when something happens.  Takes the guess work out of it.

Walt Bell would do the same thing (I think his was "Cowabunga!"), I think really just for offensive players.  A lot of coaches seem to do it through Twitter now. 

#120 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

Good finish for Locksley to pick up LeGendre and Cross in the final days.  He managed to salvage a respectable class in a nearly impossible situation.  Next year will be very interesting both on the field and off it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=