Photo

2018 Ravens Draft Talk (Before the Draft)

• Please log in to reply
971 replies to this topic

#961 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

Im not saying Jackson will be there. Its why I gave 3 guys. I do think trading out is a real possibility but its nealy impossible to both call the trade and a name when you dont know how far youre trading back

#962 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

New thread for the draft, or just keep this one?

I'd do a new draft day thread...just my 2 cents
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
Roll Tide

#963 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

No spoilers if something pops up on social media early
  • Roll Tide likes this

#964 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

I've been thinking more about Jackson at 16 too, and I'm officially on board with it if that's how the cards fall. Who knows what the QB draft class looks like next year, but right now it doesn't look super promising. Mayock also just mocked Jackson to us in his mock draft.

#965 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

If the ravens want Jackson, they need to trade up.

#966 RobHabib

RobHabib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

I've been thinking more about Jackson at 16 too, and I'm officially on board with it if that's how the cards fall. Who knows what the QB draft class looks like next year, but right now it doesn't look super promising. Mayock also just mocked Jackson to us in his mock draft.

ahh im not so sure i'd take him that early. He seems more of a project than a sure thing. And with other needs that to be filled, I just find it to be a stretch that the Ravens take him that early. They need a player who can make an immediate impact, whether that be along the OL, WR, or defensive side of the ball. There are some good options after the first round at QB if the Ravens are serious about drafting one. Mason rudolph and kyle lauletta come to mind 

• Hooded Viper likes this

#967 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

ahh im not so sure i'd take him that early. He seems more of a project than a sure thing. And with other needs that to be filled, I just find it to be a stretch that the Ravens take him that early. They need a player who can make an immediate impact, whether that be along the OL, WR, or defensive side of the ball. There are some good options after the first round at QB if the Ravens are serious about drafting one. Mason rudolph and kyle lauletta come to mind 

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. The talent/potential is a lot to get excited about, but 16 seems early for this particular team to go QB, and I've said as much at earlier points in this thread. McGlinchey or a receiver have long been my top choices for 16.

What I'm saying is that if the dominoes fall that way, and they draft Jackson, I will be in full support of it. And I think it's a real possibility it could happen. There's been a lot of smoke with this one lately, including Mayock's mock tonight. Mayock's opinion might not be gospel, but he has been one of the more accurate predictors of the draft over the last 5 years, and he's not the only one who's saying this could happen.

It might just be smoke, and it might take some draft day chaos, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

As far as later round QBs go, I still like Mike White in the 3rd or later.

#968 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

If the Ravens are going to reach for a QB I'd prefer Rudolph and his 65% completion ratio. Also prefer Lauletta later in the draft.

I think Jackson is a bust and I'm predicting it 1st here! Mark it in the book!
Roll Tide

#969 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

The Ringer: The 2018 NFL Draft First-Round Grades

The Ringer: The Winners and Losers From Round 1 of the 2018 NFL Draft

The Ringer: The NFL Draft’s First Round Is a Case Study in Positional Value

#970 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

This thread was a fun read in hindsight...some interesting talk on drafting a QB round 1/moving on from Flacco around page 21/22 and some more Lamar centric stuff around pages 37/38

I guess I am patting myself on the back here a little bit, but I nailed a few things in this pre-draft lead up

I also said Rosen was the best QB in the draft and Orlando Brown would be a disaster, so some hits and misses

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@gabefergy

#971 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

And the day of / during the draft discussion... 

https://www.baltimor...ory-days-grill/

#972 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

And the day of / during the draft discussion... 

https://www.baltimor...ory-days-grill/

haha this is great. I forgot how mad I was about the Hurst pick

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=