Photo

2018 Ravens Draft Talk (Before the Draft)

• Please log in to reply
971 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

CBS Sports: 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Lamar Jackson first QB off the board in a bonkers first round
https://www.cbssport...rs-first-round/

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

CBS Sports: 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings: Josh Adams, Derrius Guice run into Top 20
https://www.cbssport...un-into-top-20/

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Walter Football: 2 Round Mock 10/29

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

SI: What NFL Scouts and Execs Said About My Latest Mock Draft

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

CBS Sports: 2018 NFL Mock Draft: John Elway's Broncos take chance on super-talented Josh Allen
https://www.cbssport...ted-josh-allen/

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

Yep, here we are again....already. :roll: They will pick #16 in the 1st Round. That's first among the seven teams that finished 9-7. So we have that going for us.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

So the loss today moved them up around 7 spots?

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

So the loss today moved them up around 7 spots?

Yup. If they had won today they would be in position pick #23, and would go no higher than #21, depending on playoff results. But they had the worst OPP winning percentage of all the 9-7 teams except Tennessee, but since the Titans made the playoffs the Ravens go to the front of the line. Thank you, Cleveland!

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

SI: What NFL Scouts and Execs Said About My Latest Mock Draft

CBS Sports: 2018 NFL Mock Draft: John Elway's Broncos take chance on super-talented Josh Allen
https://www.cbssport...ted-josh-allen/

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

WR, TE, RB, FS and ILB with first 5 picks..trading up should be on the table if you love an elite playmaker

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Again, not adverse to taking a QB early in this draft should it present itself. CB early wouldn't bother me either. Carr and Smith are old for CBs and of course Smith is coming off a serious injury.

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

WR, TE, RB, FS and ILB with first 5 picks..trading up should be on the table if you love an elite playmaker

At 16 I'm hoping Courtland Sutton is available. He's the kind of WR Flacco needs.

But in order of needs, every offensive skill position. Even RB. I loved what Collins brought, but I still want either a bruiser that gets tough yards or someone that's a great receiver.

Wouldn't be mad if Derwin James fell to them (highly unlikely) and we get a defensive stud in the first. But that's the only way I could justify going defense in the first.

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

Again, not adverse to taking a QB early in this draft should it present itself. CB early wouldn't bother me either. Carr and Smith are old for CBs and of course Smith is coming off a serious injury.

Yea I wouldn’t be opposed to a QB either. It’s less of a need for me now than it was 2 months ago though.

No issue with a CB if it’s best on the board but we have good depth there right now.

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

I'm not reaching for a QB but again if the opportunity presents itself in the first 2 rounds I'm game. Im starting to become adverse to taking the caliber of WR you usually get around 16. Just seems too hit or miss. Of course if there is a Julio Jones type talent I'm all for it but the truth is that type of talent rarely gets to 16 or likely even 10 for that matter. We need WRs but I'm too scared of the history of this FO taking WRs early. And it's not just this organization. It just feels like a position where there is a huge adjustment curve and a lot of busts.

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

100% agree. I don't like Josh Allen in the first, but if we have a shot at one of the top guys at 16, I want to take him. Let him sit behind Flacco for a year or two, and then hand him the reins. Worst case scenario, Flaccos play falls even worse and we have someone with high potential we can replace him with.

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

I hope they stay away from WRs in the early rounds. Not because the need isn't there, it obviously is. But I have no faith in the ability of the organization to identify and develop talent at the position.

Would like to see them come away with either a ball-hawking S or an ILB that can cover TEs in the 1st. A RT or LG that would upgrade the current personnel would be nice too.

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

I would like to signed Jarvis Landry

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

I hope they stay away from WRs in the early rounds. Not because the need isn't there, it obviously is. But I have no faith in the ability of the organization to identify and develop talent at the position.

Would like to see them come away with either a ball-hawking S or an ILB that can cover TEs in the 1st. A RT or LG that would upgrade the current personnel would be nice too.

It's hard to be wrong with almost any pick in the first if he's the best available.

With that said, if the WR is Ridley or Sutton, you absolutely take him. Outside of those two, we shouldn't be taking a WR in round one. And by the end of the process, both will be top 10 picks barring injury.

I hate this spot in the draft, the instant difference makers and elite prospects are gone, and it feels too early to take guys that are on the next tier.

If this were madden I'd trade our first to Cleveland to for their first and third next year, simulate next year and start building in 2020. lol

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

For the price it'll likely cost Wallace needs to be brought back. Cut Maclin and resign Wallace. You still need another WR or two as Camp is a FA and Moore is a #3 or #4 guy.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

For the price it'll likely cost Wallace needs to be brought back. Cut Maclin and resign Wallace. You still need another WR or two as Camp is a FA and Moore is a #3 or #4 guy.

Yea I would bring Wallace back provided he will have the proper attitude.

Wallace, Landry, draft pick, Camp, Moore, Ayenbedjo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=