1162 replies to this topic

#21 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

I offered you a bet still above the FO odds but just not the odds I offered Gabe earlier in the week. Outcomes in our and other games had made our odds better and I adjusted the offer accordingly. You declined. I'll post the PMs here if needed. You're the one who looks bad if those are released considering you've now gone back on your word

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

As far as this game goes its virtually meaningless. We're not winning the division even if we were to win. The only thing that could be gained from it is moving up to the #5 seed. I dont see that as significant considering going to Jacksonville or LA/KC/Oak is essentially the same. I don't buy any of the other shit your spewing about testing ourselves or seeing how Flacco plays, or confidence, etc, etc. This game will have no bearing on what happens if we had to go there or New England again in January.

#23 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

I'm so scared that you'll post in entirety the post where I called you a pansy that wasn't willing to back up your word and take my bet. And called you a troll...please, please, please don't post them. I'm so worried that you'll post that I told you that you should admit that you were too scared to take a bet you offered in the first place.

Please, don't tell anyone, how you wouldn't take my bet and then offered me only +120 on 9 wins which is significantly worse odds considering that +165 would bake in scenarios that the team would go 8-8, so ti really should have been more like +170-175 and that I went back on my word to call out a troll who is doing nothing that trolls. Please don't post that. Please. 

And you're right, I'm going back on my word to not call you out on it, because you're suggesting the Ravens actually forfeit a game. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound? 

#24 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

I don't buy any of the other shit your spewing about testing ourselves or seeing how Flacco plays, or confidence, etc, etc. 

Of course, you don't! It's so unreasonable to think that improvement from our offense that shows from week to week would have any future impact on how the team performs or their confidence. 

You also think we're going to lose 2 more games and lose in the WC round and refuse to have any reasonable conversations otherwise.

The bottom line is Pitt is beatable this week and the Ravens should be hungry to go into Pitt and put a W on the schedule. And real Ravens fans should be hungry for that too. 

#25 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

1.The bet was for Gabe. I dont read most of the long winded  shit you write so I skipped over the post where you said youd take the bet initially. 

2.Later, when you  tried to call me out I got back to you immediately and gave you a chance to take a bet. I gave you the same +160 if the Ravens got to 9 wins. You declined.  I offered you +125 that they would make the playoffs. They were 45% according to FO at that point.  You declined. Both bets where in your favor. I also said in that PM Id still give Gabe the original bet I offered him if he wanted it.   I wasnt ducking anything. You declined because when it came down to it you didnt have confidence in this team 3 weeks ago. But Im the coward and troll. 

The fact that you put PMs out there when you said you wouldnt because of an unrelated discussion that has gotten under your skin speaks volumes about who you are. 

#26 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

At least I don't root for my team to forfeit of all things...I'd rather be the guy that goes back on offers to not call out trolls and then calls them out when they say really ridiculous things intentionally trolling things than the guy that roots for my team to intentionally not show up for games. 

Note to all other posters. If you offer a bet, and then someone offers to take it, be warned that I may tell you that I won't tell everyone that you didn't take it, but then go back on my word if you openly and actively say the team should forfeit a game later in the season. I'm totally willing to own that. So BSL posters be warned if you offer a bet that you won't actually take, I might call you out on it later, even if I tell you won't call you out for taking back your word from the get go.

#27 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Youre a pos. I never offered you a bet but when you pointed out that you offered to make a bet with me I immediately responded to you and sent you a PM. The bet I offered you was different than the one for Gabe because it was specifically for him. I still gave you fair offers. That private messages are now being brought up publically during an unrelated discussion is disgraceful and unacceptable. You're the one who never wanted to bet and you said as much in the PMs. Come to the BSL meet up and we'll talk about this face to face.

#28 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

And I would hypothetically have my team forfeit because IMO it helps us in the long run to not play this game. Its a virtually meaningless game. Im not trolling and Im not rooting against my team. To me it's strategically the best option.

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

Attached File  images.jpg   11.72K   11 downloads

• The Epic, DuffMan and JordanKough like this

#30 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

I don't think Sunday's game is virtually meaningless.  Obviously the division is not in play in any realistic scenario.  And I don't think there is any importance on being the #5 vs the #6 seed.  But winning Sunday would be a significant improvement to our wild card chances.  They are already strong, but winning Sunday all but guarantees it.  Always worth it to lock yourself in as early as possible and give the team as much fault tolerance as you can.  Especially this team which can lay a stinker at any point.

I'd say we are at about 80% to get one of the wild cards currently.  Win Sunday and that goes up to near 100%, IMO.

Also, it's always fun to beat the Steelers.  I'll take any shot to do so we can get. 

• Hooded Viper and BobPhelan like this

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Given how well the team played last week, the first time we've seen them look like a really good team, and how much we all dislike the Steelers, I'll probably be more excited to watch this game than I will be to watch Wild Card weekend.  It's not more important, but I'm more excited about this one.

Team-wide health benefits aren't enough value for me to sacrifice this game and the enjoyment it could bring.

#32 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

I don't think Sunday's game is virtually meaningless. Obviously the division is not in play in any realistic scenario. And I don't think there is any importance on being the #5 vs the #6 seed. But winning Sunday would be a significant improvement to our wild card chances. They are already strong, but winning Sunday all but guarantees it. Always worth it to lock yourself in as early as possible and give the team as much fault tolerance as you can. Especially this team which can lay a stinker at any point.

I'd say we are at about 80% to get one of the wild cards currently. Win Sunday and that goes up to near 100%, IMO.

Also, it's always fun to beat the Steelers. I'll take any shot to do so we can get.

If we can't win 2 of those last 3 anyway then we don't deserve it. Look, this is like the Flacco discussion last year when I said I'd release him. Obviously, in the real world that was impossible considering it cost so much more to release him than keep him. However, I do think we'd have more wins today if we had gone out and signed Kaep or Keenum, or traded for Garapallo, etc vs starting Joe all year. Plus you'd be that much closer to having Flaccos salary completely off the books. Similar thing here. I know we are going to go to Pitt and play this game but I believe resting up and not engaging in a physical game that we are likely to lose anyway would better position us to take care of business in Weeks 15-17

#33 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

I get your point and that it's a hypothetical, not a real-world possibility.

I still wouldn't cancel the game even if we could.  These games are the best games of the year.  They are why I watch. 

#34 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Given how well the team played last week, the first time we've seen them look like a really good team, and how much we all dislike the Steelers, I'll probably be more excited to watch this game than I will be to watch Wild Card weekend.  It's not more important, but I'm more excited about this one.

Team-wide health benefits aren't enough value for me to sacrifice this game and the enjoyment it could bring.

But...if we dominate this one and the offense continues to click, would you not be more excited about the WC weekend? 

I'm not giving that opportunity up to "stay healthy". 

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

http://www.espn.com/...cinnati-bengals

#36 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

That's fair and I'll look bad if we do win. I will say though that I'm not one who cares about particular games and wanting to watch them played. If our reg season schedule could be made up of the 16 worst teams every year then sign me up. If that means the games are relatively boring and we never play the Steelers that's fine with me. Give me the best chance of getting the #1 seed in the playoffs.

#37 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

The Ravens haven’t really beaten a good QB outside of Stafford all year.

Beating Pitt would mean a lot mentally.

End of the day, I agree it only means so much. You could argue a loss is better strictly because I think we want Pitt to be the 1 seed vs NE.

I want to see them play with Pitt. I want to see them
Continue to attack downfield. Hang in there and have a chance to win in the 4thQ. That’s the goal for this game.

#38 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

I also think there's a good chance we can run the ball on the Steelers. The Bengals, who don't have a great line, really dominated the Steelers up front and they had a hard time without Shazier. 

The problem is they ran much more north/south and in more of a power style (albeit from shotgun) than we do. I'm not sure that translates. We still run hat on hat, but we do a lot more pulling and push the runs to off tackle then what Bernard was successful with in Cinci. 

Deep post patterns from the slot from Wallace or Maclin could also be a real threat. I really liked the Wallace route on the long completion last week. He crosses the face of the safety, it's an easier read for Joe. Less likely to be press. Worse defender likely in the slot. Makes so much more sense given the lack of talent for our guys on 9 routes and the ability to win there. 

Also the threat of deep posts actually helps our other routes too...

#39 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

I think this is a watershed mark for MM and Joe's relationship too. They obviously got off on the wrong foot, were on the right foot last week. Can they do it again? And what does Joe say after the game in the presser even if we lose. 

#40 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

http://www.espn.com/...cinnati-bengals

That's not really true but whatever. There has been dirty play between the Steelers and Ravens. Hell, their HC tried to trip a player in the middle of a play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=