43 replies to this topic

#41 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

I guess the tax part makes sense in theory, but it always seems kind of pointless to me.  If the sales tax is 6% and you're tipping 20%, then tipping on the pretax amount saves you a whopping $1.20 on a $100 check.  I'd rather just give that money to the waiter.

You definitely need to tip on alcohol.

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

Does anyone not include alcohol and tax in the amount they tip on?

I don't know of anyone who does that, but that phrasing exists ("assuming you don't tip on tax or alcohol...") so some people must.

I tip based off of check amount

#43 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Well, for the first time I can remember I didn't leave a tip this afternoon.

I took my son to a new barber who was offering a free haircut to kids as a promotion.  I was very specific in what I asked for, 2 on the sides and then fade it in and trim up the top...regular freaking haircut.

He shaved his head and left him with a mohawk essentially.  The room was divided so I couldn't see what was going on but even the barber next to him said that wasn't what I asked for.

My son is in private school and can't have a hair cut like that.  We just walked out and I took him to get a flat top at Hair Cuttery.  He looks like a little asshole but at least he doesn't have a mohawk.

@Miller192

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

Bad haircuts are the worst. If you don't know what you are doing or can't follow specific directions just find another job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=