6 replies to this topic

#1 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Watching that game last night even with Cook through 5 with a no hitter I just felt like and I could see that the O's felt like they were always going to win. Once we got to Cook a little it was just a matter of time before the other shoe dropped and the throwing error was indeed all it took. After we got the lead I was as confident as I've ever been that we weren't giving it back. Complete 180 vs how I've felt playing the Sox over the last 10 years or so. Now, maybe some of that is because of their turmoil or maybe we put a big dent in their psyche playing us after the final series of last year but that ace that they used to have up their sleeve against us is gone and this O's team smells that blood. I'm really hoping they carry this swagger through the rest of the year. If they do they have a real shot at getting in. For really the first time all year I'm starting to believe the playoffs are realistic.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Not only that but they seem to be lucky lately in terms of the pitchers they are facing.

When they played NY, they missed CC. When they played Seattle, they missed King Felix. This time, they miss Lester.

Those are some really good breaks for this team.

I love the way they have played these first 2 games vs Boston.

#3 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Not only that but they seem to be lucky lately in terms of the pitchers they are facing.

When they played NY, they missed CC. When they played Seattle, they missed King Felix. This time, they miss Lester.

The luck runs out a bit against Detroit, as we catch Verlander and Fister. It'll be important to win the middle game of that against Porcello and hope for the best in the other 2. Fister has been very good lately and we all know that Verlander kid ain't too bad.

Against Texas we miss Harrison, and nothing about Feldman, Holland, Darvish is scary, even though Darvish has the talent to throw a great game.

After that it's Toronto, who really doesn't have much pitching at all this year. The Orioles offense has the potential to do really well over the next week and a half.

@AdamWolff

#4 Bob Klein

Bob Klein
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Watching that game last night even with Cook through 5 with a no hitter I just felt like and I could see that the O's felt like they were always going to win. Once we got to Cook a little it was just a matter of time before the other shoe dropped and the throwing error was indeed all it took. After we got the lead I was as confident as I've ever been that we weren't giving it back. Complete 180 vs how I've felt playing the Sox over the last 10 years or so. Now, maybe some of that is because of their turmoil or maybe we put a big dent in their psyche playing us after the final series of last year but that ace that they used to have up their sleeve against us is gone and this O's team smells that blood. I'm really hoping they carry this swagger through the rest of the year. If they do they have a real shot at getting in. For really the first time all year I'm starting to believe the playoffs are realistic.

I agree, and I think this new attitude began to sink in during the final games in 2011. The whole team played together and hard against NY, Tampa, and Boston. That team celebration after last season's final game -- haven't seen enthusiasm like that in many years.

#5 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I agree, and I think this new attitude began to sink in during the final games in 2011. The whole team played together and hard against NY, Tampa, and Boston. That team celebration after last season's final game -- haven't seen enthusiasm like that in many years.

I can't help but feel like Adam Jones as a leader on this team has helped to change the attitude. Jones is a give balls to the wall, '100% every damn day' (great shirt, btw) player and it has to be great to see that out of your top guy. I'm really glad we've got him locked up as an Oriole.

@AdamWolff

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

It happens, I believe we've faced Jered Weaver 3x though. Not too many non-AL West teams get this kind of luck.
@levineps

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Winning breeds a good attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users