Photo

NBA 2017-18 General Talk (Golden State Wins Again!)

• Please log in to reply
1327 replies to this topic

#1261 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Saying Cle is as talented as GS is one of the least informed things I have ever seen on here. But when your agenda is to put down LeBron as much as possible, that is your narrative.

#1262 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

I think he's saying if Lebron has scored more in his career than Durant, how can you make the argument that Durant is the best scorer. 

#1263 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

I think he's saying if Lebron has scored more in his career than Durant, how can you make the argument that Durant is the best scorer.

This has already been explained.

#1264 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

This has already been explained.

I mean to you it has. You're saying he's taking it too literally. Literally, Lebron is a better scorer than Durant. You're both just saying different things. 

#1265 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

I don't know, it annoys me.

"Best scorer"...

Yet LeBron has out outscored him significantly this whole playoffs. And this series.

People claiming Durant is the better scorer than LeBron, I disagree.

I'm confused at how that is confusing honestly.

If you don't want people to take it 100% literally, don't say "Best Scorer". Say best all-around offensive skillset. That clears up the issue. He's made it clear that "best scorer" is the part he objects too. It's not that hard to understand what his position is. 

#1266 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

People claiming Durant is the better scorer than LeBron, I disagree.

I'm confused at how that is confusing honestly.

I think if they were teammates, KD would be the leading scorer, but that's just a guess. Means nothing, and obviously LBJ is the better overall player, but Durant is a better shooter, for what it's worth. Maybe people are confusing the two. 

But again, it really doesn't matter big picture. 

• SportsGuy likes this
@beginthebegin71

#1267 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

LeBrons inability to step up against the worst version of this GS "dynasty" is a big indictement.

I  don't like Lebron's act, and think his antics get a pass from the media, but he has played great during this series.  

He is up against a much better team.

@mikeghg

#1268 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

If you don't want people to take it 100% literally, don't say "Best Scorer". Say best all-around offensive skillset. That clears up the issue.  

It’s a good thing that is exactly what I said then! #readingisfundamental

#1269 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

It’s a good thing that is exactly what I said then! #readingisfundamental

But it's stupid to say "Best Scorer", but not literally. Just say best all-around offensive skill set. Then Ricker IS NOT disagreeing with you. 

You're trying to make it seem like he disagrees with you. He's just telling you Durant is not the best scorer Lebron is. You know, because he has actually scored more. #fact

#1270 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

But it's stupid to say "Best Scorer", but not literally. Just say best all-around offensive skill set. Then Ricker IS NOT disagreeing with you. 

You're trying to make it seem like he disagrees with you. He's just telling you Durant is not the best scorer Lebron is. You know, because he has actually scored more. #fact

Curious of your opinion in my "if they were teammates" scenario. Who do you think would be the leading scorer? 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@beginthebegin71

#1271 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

Exactly, Kough. I wasn't even trying to be an ass or combative... or tear down KD at all. Terrific performance, slightly over the top reaction to it today, IMHO.
  • SBTarheel likes this

#1272 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

I think if they were teammates, KD would be the leading scorer, but that's just a guess. Means nothing, and obviously LBJ is the better overall player, but Durant is a better shooter, for what it's worth. Maybe people are confusing the two.

But again, it really doesn't matter big picture.

LeBron would set him up better than he ever has been, so he'd score more I'm sure. I honestly feel if LeBron wanted to though, he could. And still, wasn't trying to make this a big thing, but in fact he already has.

#1273 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

LeBron would set him up better than he ever has been, so he'd score more I'm sure. I honestly feel if LeBron wanted to though, he could. And still, wasn't trying to make this a big thing, but in fact he already has.

Agreed. 

@beginthebegin71

#1274 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

In '09-'10, James averaged 29.7 ppg with Cleveland.
He wasn't any less of a player in '10-'11 when he averaged 26.7 ppg with Miami.  He just had better teammates around him, who demanded more shots.

It's the same with Durant.  In '15-'16, Durant averaged 28.2 ppg with OKC.  When that dropped to 25.1 in '16-'17 with GS.... that wasn't because his skills diminished....  it's because he had more around him.

The career numbers are very similar.

James having the career 27.2 ppg game average vs. Durant's 27.1 ppg career average.

James has a career average of 19.6 fga per... Durant 18.8.

James .504 career FG%, Durant .490.
James .34 career 3pt FG%, Durant 38%.
James 8.1 FTA per, 74% from the line for his career...
Durant 7.8 FTA per, 88% from the line for his career...

James better 2pt scorer (more dunks)...  gets to the line slightly more... Durant better from 3, and more proficient at the line.

#1275 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

CBS Sports: NBA Finals 2018: LeBron James says Cavs lack playmakers; wishes one ex-teammate was still here to help
https://www.cbssport...l-here-to-help/

#1276 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Stafford has thrown for more yards, compared to Ben, every year since 2015. Do you think that means he is a better passing QB?

#1277 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

Are you taking LeBron or Durant if you need 1 score?  (I am not talking about decision making...I am talking they are the ones taking the shot)

#1278 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,523 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

The Ringer: The Warriors’ Defensive Switching Strategy Is the Most Infuriating Thing About the Finals
https://www.theringe...tching-strategy

#1279 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Anyone not thinking this is gonna be a sweep?

#1280 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

Anyone not thinking this is gonna be a sweep?

I think Cle wins tonight.

Same scenario as last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=