Photo

You get one do-over in life...what do you change?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

^^^^

Thanks. They're supposed to. Its against the ADA to fire someone without making a reasonable accomodation first, like a desk position. But they didnt, so, lawsuit. Which might get resolved in 2-4 years, maybe.

That is the one area where our jobs fall short is disability.  They rather you die or get your 20/25 and out god forbid getting hurt permanently.   

Edit unless you are working past retirement years. when such things happen....

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#22 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

I wish I had started football officiating when I finished college. I was a sportswriter for the local paper during college, so I wouldn't trade that experience, but I do wish I began officiating sooner than when I did, which was age 33. Had I done so, perhaps I could've risen to a level higher than high school. 

But then again, I love Friday nights right now. Those 12 varsity assignments are the best 12 days of the year, every year.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#23 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

I regret not being closer to my parents.

I set out on my own path at a young age and learned to be self sufficient at 18.  

Having kids now, it kills me to think that they are going to be like I was. 

I'm trying to change it now but it's not easy.  I never really put much value in family and am now realizing what a mistake that was.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this
@Miller192

#24 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

That is the one area where our jobs fall short is disability.  They rather you die or get your 20/25 and out god forbid getting hurt permanently.   

Edit unless you are working past retirement years. when such things happen....

What is it that you do? Not sure I remember or if we talked about it?

The screwed up part is that others who had seizures on the job, are back to work. Those folks could have claimed it as work related since it was on the job and they would get 66.6% of their salary for the rest of their lives if they would be cut loose. Mine happened at home and I went to a doctor to make sure I was going to be ok and get medicine. City found out, and after my sick leave ran out cut me loose. It wasn't "work related" so it was easier to save the money on my salary than paying me for nothing.

Union, no help unless you're one of their drinking buddies. 

The city is clueless because I collected unemployment for 2 months after, which the city has to pay a portion of. The city filed a suit and set me up a hearing real quick where I had to explain why I was collecting unemployment as if I was "fired" when the city was trying to say "I quit" on my own terms. I didn't even bring the lawyer along, cost me more money, the city tried telling the hearing officer that I didn't try to get back to work. I showed the officer my stack of paperwork of emails and phone calls I made. 

Officer told me I'd hear within 30 days a ruling of whether I'd keep my unemployment or have to pay that money back. In just two days I got a letter telling me I was right and entitled to it. Baltimore city government is a joke. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=