• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

UCF beat Florida International 61-17 in their opener... yesterday's game vs. Memphis was called off.

BSL: 5 Thoughts Before Maryland/UCF

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

UCF Knights.com: Season Preview

http://ucfknights.co...x?path=football

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,443 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:52 PM

Haven't seen an official announcement yet, but looks like this game will start at 3pm ET and be shown on FS1.

#4 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:33 AM

Should be an interesting matchup.  MD should be favored but not by too much I would think.  Scott Frost doing good work down there.

Will be interesting to get a look at Cordarrian Richardson, the guy who unexpectedly committed to MD "in space" on signing day, but then flipped to UCF.  Not sure what the back story there was but that was a wild little run.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 EricGarland

EricGarland

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

UCF has come a ways from their winless 2015 campaign... Scott Frost was able to get them back to a bowl, and 6 wins. Man was that game against them wild last year, with the double-OT win. I remember Piggy coming in and running that ball in for the win after Perry got hurt... good times. 

Milton is still their staring QB, and the Terps caused him to turn the ball over 4 times in their last meeting. Hoping we can get more of that. UCF has only played one game because this past weekend's game was postponed due to Irma. We'll learn more about them Saturday, when they play Georgia Tech...

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

The thing I remember about last year's game, aside from Pigrome ending it on his only play of the game, is that UCF's front four was breathing down Hills' neck nearly every time he dropped back. If they return the same personnel, the O-Line is going to have to do better in pass-protection.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

At home, coming off a bye... this is a must have game.  I'm expecting a W.... but I also like Frost,  know FL schools always have athletes.... and while UCF was horrible right before Frost joined... the Bortles years aren't that long ago either.

They will have legitimate players. Doesn't figure to be a game handed to MD.

If MD wins this, and goes to Minnesota and wins... I think they will be ranked when they trip to Ohio State on Oct 7th.

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

And now it's official....

DJc_116VoAAL7BT.jpg

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Washington Post: Kasim Hill has Maryland football all in behind him after stellar first start

#10 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Washington Post: Kasim Hill has Maryland football all in behind him after stellar first start

He certainly looks like the real deal. Big frame, with the poise of an upperclassman. Arm is accurate and strong. Very mobile, and makes good decisions on option plays. Really looking forward to how he responds against the powerhouse defenses of the Big Ten.

@BSLZackKiesel

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Central Florida called off their game last week vs. Memphis, and their game this week vs. Georgia Tech.  So when they face the Terps, it will be their first game since August 31st.

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

BSL: 5 Thoughts Before Maryland/UCF

Is Ty Johnson human? How rusty will UCF be after 2 weeks off? Should the Knights fear the Turtles' excessive juice? Those questions and more in this week's 5 Thoughts.

@BSLZackKiesel

#13 EricGarland

EricGarland

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

It's going to be really interesting to see how UCF plays with all that time off. Like Zack suggested, I think they will be rusty. 

Kasim Hill looks to be the true QB Maryland hasn't had since god knows when. A good pass-first guy who stays poised in the pocket. I'm expecting another a big game from D.J. Moore. I can't wait to see what Ty Johnson does this week. Not having one FBS offer is criminal. This guy is averaging more than 15 a carry. Insane. 

Win this week, get RANKED and head into B1G play. Go Terps. 

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Both teams plenty rested. Was a competitive game last year in Orlando.  Terps need the W.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,145 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Backfield is so deep, and the offense does a great job of making sure everyone touches the ball..... that's going to limit Johnson's numbers overall.

Of course when he does touch it, he's at full strength and able to just run past guys.

#16 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Both teams plenty rested. Was a competitive game last year in Orlando.  Terps need the W.

Win this one and it becomes much easier to find 3 wins between Minnesota, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Michigan State.

@BSLZackKiesel

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

Early line is MD -3.5

@BSLMikeRandall

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Essentially a pick 'em, which is what I expect. 

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

I remember a lot of people clamoring for Frost to be the coach here or even the OC for the Ravens.

Another game, especially with it being at home, that MD has to win if you want to be taken seriously as a program on a national level.

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

I remember a lot of people clamoring for Frost to be the coach here or even the OC for the Ravens.

Another game, especially with it being at home, that MD has to win if you want to be taken seriously as a program on a national level.

Not sure MD is there yet, but I do think they should win this game. But UCF is of the caliber that MD shouldn't be ashamed to lose, provided they don't play like complete shit. 

You know what? Screw this apologist talk, they better win Saturday. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=