Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

No defensive player close... TD UCF.

#164 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

UCF having some offensive success today was expected.

But overall... disappointing effort from the MD defense....  coupled of course with the loss of Hill, and MD's vaunted / highly recruited offensive line getting manhandled.

About as deflating a day as it gets.

#165 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

You'd admit any program onto their 3rd QB would have some expected difficulties, right?

Down 24-10... 12:34 left.

Looks like QB is the least of their worries. I thought this doofus was supposed to be a defensive genius

#166 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Looks like QB is the least of their worries. I thought this doofus was supposed to be a defensive genius

It's college football... outside of basically Alabama, it's about stops when you need them and turnovers.

Frost supposed to be an offensive genius.

The toughest thing about the rest of the year if Hill is out, is that it will stunt development of others around him.
Do think Henderson would have a chance to grab the starting spot if he gets healthy.

#167 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

This is why the stands are empty. This is why people don't care. Just remember this when you want to criticize anyone for not giving a shit

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Pick 6 off the deflection...   and it's 38-10.  Yuck. Just yuck.

#169 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

This is why the stands are empty. This is why people don't care. Just remember this when you want to criticize anyone for not giving a shit

Thank-you for acting like you are teaching me something.

#170 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Setting aside the QB situation for a minute, and I know that's not easy as it is clearly a disaster right now, but when Hill went out of the game not one single player on the team stepped up. Everyone on the field looked completely defeated from that moment on. That part is very disappointing and this season is looking very bleak if Hill can't return or Henderson can't get on the field and resuscitate this team from the walking dead.

#171 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Setting aside the QB situation for a minute, and I know that's not easy as it is clearly a disaster right now, but when Hill went out of the game not one single player on the team stepped up. Everyone on the field looked completely defeated from that moment on. That part is very disappointing and this season in looking very bleak if Hill can't return or Henderson can't get on the field and resuscitate this team from the walking dead.

I'm as down about the O-line's performance today as I am about the loss of Hill.

This was a team loss.

Also, didn't like the adjustments (or lack thereof) after halftime.... and it's very deflating that after they scored their TD.... that was followed  by UCF pulling away.

#172 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

I'm as down about the O-line's performance today as I am about the loss of Hill.

This was a team loss.

Also, didn't like the adjustments (or lack thereof) after halftime.... and it's very deflating that after they scored their TD.... that was followed  by UCF pulling away.

Yep, and I don't know how the coaches plan to motivate these kids in times of adversity, but they have to do something to light a fire under them or it is going to be a brutal season. I understand the players are probably not happy being down to a 4th-string QB (I'm assuming Henderson would be ahead of MB if he had been healthy), but you have to find a way. Hell, the 2012 team fought their butts off until the very end despite having a linebacker playing QB. Maybe they need to ask Stefon Diggs to fly in on an off day and give these kids a pep talk about how to respond.

#173 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Durkin says "we'll know more tomorrow" in reference to Hill's injury status.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=