#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Not sure MD is there yet, but I do think they should win this game. But UCF is of the caliber that MD shouldn't be ashamed to lose, provided they don't play like complete shit. 

You know what? Screw this apologist talk, they better win Saturday. 

It wouldn't be a bad loss but its a game you should win at home.

#22 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

UCF and MD are about equal. Do agree though that you need to win games like this if you want to take the next step as a program.

Team is still young though.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#23 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

A few things I noticed while doing some statistical research:

• UCF's passing offense was excellent against FIU, as they gained 439 yards through the air. That's 3rd-best in the nation.
  • As expected, Maryland's rushing offense has been stellar, averaging 315 yards per game on the ground. That's the 9th-best mark in the country.
  • Both teams have scored a ton of points. UCF has the #1 scoring offense nationally, and Maryland is #2. This game has a good chance of becoming a shoot-out between two fast-paced offenses.
  • UCF's defense was excellent on third-down against FIU. Maryland has been good on third-down thus far as well.
  • Maryland's pass rush is currently the 4th-best in the nation, averaging 4.5 sacks per game.
  • Both teams' turnover margins are excellent, ranking in the top 15 nationally.
  • Both teams have had excellent red zone defenses thus far.
  • UCF didn't allow a sack against FIU, and Maryland's offensive line has shown much improvement in their pass-protection.

DJ Durkin will release his updated depth chart when he gives his weekly press conference today at Noon. There shouldn't be too many changes.

@BSLZackKiesel

#24 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Win this game and next week at Min and you have the attention of a lot of people in this state. This fans will fill up Byrd if the program gives them a reason to do it

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

Win this game and next week at Min and you have the attention of a lot of people in this state. This fans will fill up Byrd if the program gives them a reason to do it

If they win these two games, I would think they would be ranked when they face Ohio State.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Washington Post: Central Florida football ‘just excited to play again’ after Hurricane Irma

#27 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

A few changes to this week's depth chart:

• Tyrrell Pigrome has officially been removed. Kasim Hill is the starter, and Max Bortenschlager is his backup.
  • Jesse Aniebonam has officially been removed. Chandler Burkett, Melvin Keihn, and Bryce Brand are all co-starters at BUCK. Burkett is also the lone starter at the strong-side defensive end spot.
  • Henry Darmstadter is now listed as a co-starter at kicker with Adam Greene. Greene didn't see the field at all against Towson, as Darmstadter handled all place-kicking duties.

For those interested, Eric Collins, Danny Kannell, and A.J. Hawk will be calling the game on FS1.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#28 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

For those interested, Eric Collins, Danny Kannell, and A.J. Hawk will be calling the game on FS1.

I don't recall if I've ever heard that crew call a game, but not seeing Papadakis' name makes me all happy. Guess FS1 keeps him West of the Mississippi.

#29 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

I don't recall if I've ever heard that crew call a game, but not seeing Papadakis' name makes me all happy. Guess FS1 keeps him West of the Mississippi.

Yeah, this is Kanell's first year with FOX, he was part of the mass layoffs at ESPN a few months back.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#30 EricGarland

EricGarland

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

A lot of B1G games are on FS1 now. Especially basketball, if you look at their schedule, lots of FS1 games on there. I don't know how I feel about it, but ANYTHING is better than all those years streaming Terps games on ESPN360 and dealing with "ACC Network" not being on any real fixed channel. 

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#31 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

A lot of B1G games are on FS1 now. Especially basketball, if you look at their schedule, lots of FS1 games on there. I don't know how I feel about it, but ANYTHING is better than all those years streaming Terps games on ESPN360 and dealing with "ACC Network" not being on any real fixed channel. 

Yeah, the B1G's new deal with FOX made FS1/FS2 loaded with conference games this year. They used to broadcast a bunch of Big 12 games (I remember the MD/WVU game being there a lot), not sure if more of those games have been pushed to ESPN or what.

@BSLZackKiesel

#32 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

I think it's great because I can stream FS1 directly from FoxSportsGo on the very basic package I have access to. Can't get BTN out here without having to sign up for something more, or going with one of the "other options" which aren't always reliable (though the stream I found for the Towson game was very good). Most of the OTT providers give you a free week to try it out, so I may do that next time they are on BTN and see how it goes.

I noticed a lot more MD basketball games will be on FS1 vs ESPN too. That means we won't have to see that clip of Dan Dakich's kid getting a scholarship over and over. (Seriously, I think Dakich worked every damn MD game that was on ESPN....he could have been on the university's payroll he was there so much)

#33 TerpInTheSouth

TerpInTheSouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, seemed Dakich followed the Terps around last year-I actually enjoyed his commentary most of the time, but like many announcers he would get stuck on a point and bludgeon it for the entire game.  Not sure FS1 has the deepest well of announcers, but I suppose we'll find out.  BTN has a way to go in that area too-their main studio crew is pretty good with Revsine and DeCourcy (one of my favorite college hoops writers), but their play-by-play and analysts could improve.

#34 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

Looks like the NASCAR race currently airing on FS1 will go a little long. Not sure if they'll push it to FS2 or not. You can stream here: https://www.foxsport.../program/261779

@BSLZackKiesel

#35 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Looks like the NASCAR race currently airing on FS1 will go a little long. Not sure if they'll push it to FS2 or not. You can stream here: https://www.foxsport.../program/261779

Ok, they are pushing it to FS2 until the race is over.

@BSLZackKiesel

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

FS2 584 on FIOS.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#37 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Holy cow, looks like an absolutely PATHETIC crowd. For a 3:00 start in perfect weather and a 2-0 team, not sure what the excuse is.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Holy f there's a lot of empty seats.   They've got to start giving away tickets and get people in. Let them experience the games, build the atmosphere... and sell to them as time goes on and the program continues to improve.

#39 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

FoxSportsGo has it. OTT is the future of sports broadcasting.....these overruns aren't an issue.

#40 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Wow, that is lame. C'mon Terps fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=