BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Anything I'm missing?

http://baltimorespor...-movie-preview/

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, Mashed Potatoes and 2 others like this

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

Anything I'm missing?

http://baltimorespor...-movie-preview/

Yes, you said you didn't like the original Blade Runner!

• BobPhelan likes this

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

Anything I'm missing?   http://baltimorespor...-movie-preview/
  Yes, you said you didn't like the original Blade Runner!
I'd be willing to give it another shot, it's been a while.

#4 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

I'd be willing to give it another shot, it's been a while.

Which version did you watch,  go with a different version next time.

I remember watching that movie in middle school and it went way over my head.  But once I was older and watched it again I really liked it.

• BobPhelan and Mark Carver like this

#5 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

As far as your fall preview movies go, this looks like a solid crop of movies.  No way I'll get to all of them in theaters, but if not in theaters then on demand for me.

• BobPhelan likes this

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

As far as your fall preview movies go, this looks like a solid crop of movies.  No way I'll get to all of them in theaters, but if not in theaters then on demand for me.

Yeah it's always a little overwhelming but I'm sure some of these will end up not being any good and we can cross them off the list.

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Lot of good movies on this list I'm excited about. I didn't realize Kingsman was already coming out again, although a sequel/franchise seemed inevitable. I'm definitely excited for that, really enjoyed the first one a lot.

• BobPhelan likes this

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Lot of good movies on this list I'm excited about. I didn't realize Kingsman was already coming out again, although a sequel/franchise seemed inevitable. I'm definitely excited for that, really enjoyed the first one a lot.

The scene in the church was fun to watch.

Good movie article as always Bob.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

Thanks man. That was definitely the stand out scene in that movie. I enjoyed the opening too.

#10 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Not usually a scary movie guy but really looking forward to IT. Looks awesome in the trailers.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#11 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Not usually a scary movie guy but really looking forward to IT. Looks awesome in the trailers.

#12 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

I'm really looking forward to It.

#13 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Here's the trailer for Del Toro's "Shape of Water".  I'm in...

• BobPhelan likes this

#14 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

Here's the trailer for Del Toro's "Shape of Water".  I'm in...  

Getting great buzz from the film festivals.

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

All the Money in the World shot up to the top of my must-see list. Great trailer.

• BobPhelan likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

Heard that "It" is going to be the highest grossing horror movie since The Exorcist. With inflation, lots of things become highest grossing these days. But for Exorcist to stand since 1973 is damn impressivie. 

"It" (currently grossing $228+M) could also become the 4th R rated movie in history to gross over $300M. American Sniper, Deadpool, Passion of the Christ, all of which did over $350M. 

Great article. I'm looking forward to seeing Mother. Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler are two of my favorites. Trailer is certain to give some a panic attack. Plus I love some J-Law, Bardem is great actor. I'll be real disappointed if I don't like the film.

Blade Runner, I'm torn. I'll see anything with Ryan Gossling in it. I'll definitely not go see anything with Harrison Ford in it. 

I won't pay to see Happy Death Day, but I'm curious. It'll go on the Netflix list. 

Really looking forward to seeing Three Billboards...Trailer sold me. Looks fantastic. Also Molly's Game. Love Chastain and Aaron Sorkin. 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Heard that "It" is going to be the highest grossing horror movie since The Exorcist. With inflation, lots of things become highest grossing these days. But for Exorcist to stand since 1973 is damn impressivie.    "It" (currently grossing $228+M) could also become the 4th R rated movie in history to gross over $300M. American Sniper, Deadpool, Passion of the Christ, all of which did over $350M.    Great article. I'm looking forward to seeing Mother. Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler are two of my favorites. Trailer is certain to give some a panic attack. Plus I love some J-Law, Bardem is great actor. I'll be real disappointed if I don't like the film.   Blade Runner, I'm torn. I'll see anything with Ryan Gossling in it. I'll definitely not go see anything with Harrison Ford in it.    I won't pay to see Happy Death Day, but I'm curious. It'll go on the Netflix list.    Really looking forward to seeing Three Billboards...Trailer sold me. Looks fantastic. Also Molly's Game. Love Chastain and Aaron Sorkin. 

Thanks man. I liked 'It' a lot and I'm about to see 'Mother' right now. I'll let you know what I think.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#19 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

Thanks man. I liked 'It' a lot and I'm about to see 'Mother' right now. I'll let you know what I think.

Sounds like almost everyone has hated Mother.  Read a bit of a synopsis about it as well, sounds like it's pretty f'd up.

#20 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like almost everyone has hated Mother.  Read a bit of a synopsis about it as well, sounds like it's pretty f'd up.
I'm coming in prepared. I've listened to a few reviews. Hopefully that sets my expectations properly. Seems people either love it or hate it. I'm a big Arronofsky fan so I'm hoping I'm in the former category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=