Rude behavior you hate?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

LOL at this being the topic to pull me out of hibernation but here we are.  Can the people in this thread please settle a debate? 

We're at back to school night last night.  Myself, wife, daughter.  It's our turn to introduce ourselves to the teacher.  Wife walks up and says "Hi I'm <name>, this is my daughter <name>, and then starts talking to the teacher.  I'm just standing there befuddled.  Do I interrupt them to introduce myself?  I say this is really rude and wife disagrees.  If we are out somewhere and I introduce myself, I always say, "and this is my wife <name>".  Sensitive to the topic because she actually called me out on doing this like fifteen years ago and it was one of the first fights we ever had.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#22 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

LOL at this being the topic to pull me out of hibernation but here we are.  Can the people in this thread please settle a debate? 

We're at back to school night last night.  Myself, wife, daughter.  It's our turn to introduce ourselves to the teacher.  Wife walks up and says "Hi I'm <name>, this is my daughter <name>, and then starts talking to the teacher.  I'm just standing there befuddled.  Do I interrupt them to introduce myself?  I say this is really rude and wife disagrees.  If we are out somewhere and I introduce myself, I always say, "and this is my wife <name>".  Sensitive to the topic because she actually called me out on doing this like fifteen years ago and it was one of the first fights we ever had.

I mean, she SHOULD introduce you, but not exactly a showstopper of an argument IMO. 

• BobPhelan likes this

#23 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Slow golfers.

This is one of the reasons why I joined a private club.  I don't even know where to start complaining.

Yea, i don't care if you suck at golf.but playing slow is fucking irritating.

I hate ignorant people who think they are the only ones around..whether its walking across a parking lot, walking in a public place, driving, etc...have some fucking consideration for the people around you and pay attention to your surroundings.

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:13 PM

A lot of mine come from years of working in a restaurant/bar. So many it could be its own thread.

[Orders a raspeberry daquri with whip cream]. "This isn't strong enough".

"Hello. My name is-"
"Water with lemon" (Fuck off for interuppting me. You put lemon in your water at home? Didn't think so).

Ordering something with so many modifiers its a completely different dish not even on the menu. Then sends it back cause they dont like it.

Oh and about 50 more.

I hate when I ask for no lemon and the jerks give it to me anyway.  Annoys me.

#25 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

Bruh, when I worked at the Ruby Tuesday in OMM, I had a running list of this crap. 

The worst, by far, is when people snap their fingers to get your attention. 

Seriously?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people do that but if they do, you should be able to go over to them and pour drinks on them for being a jerk.

• The Epic likes this

#26 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

Seriously?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people do that but if they do, you should be able to go over to them and pour drinks on them for being a jerk.

No lie, this happened at least 3 times a day, every day. And before anybody says anything, yes, I was paying attention. I'm busy though, man. :-P

Going back to your previous comment, though, I HATE when I go to breakfast spots and I ask for no butter on my pancakes and getting butter anyway. That's a classic pet peeve of mine. And no, just scooping it off doesn't do the job. 

#27 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

What the hell is the point of a pancake without butter on it?

• SportsGuy, Icterus galbula and Mike in STL like this

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Liberals

#29 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

What the hell is the point of a pancake without butter on it?

I'll say right up front that, on the list of weird things that I eat, that little fact isn't even top 20. 

Let me tell you about how pizza is Satan's food...

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

After reading his last few posts, add Antoine to the list!

• The Epic likes this

#31 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

I mean, she SHOULD introduce you, but not exactly a showstopper of an argument IMO. 

Yeah, that's how I see it.  Kind of a little rude on her part, but that's a "pick your battle" kind of argument.

#32 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

It must be my inner Larry David.  To add on to the texting while driving, wearing ear buds while driving.  Against the law because you can't hear sirens.  And people who wear ear buds inside to say Starbucks, and don't take them out to order.  So damn rude.

• Mike in STL likes this

#33 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Restaurant pet peeves:

High top tables are usually self seating. Don't sit at a dirty one and ask a random server with a tray full of food if they can clean it 2 seconds after sitting yourself there.

If your kid isn't old enough to make complete sentences yet, don't tell them 20 times "tell the man what you want". Just order your 2 year old the chicken fingers and let me get on with it.

"We're in a rush".
That's what drive thrus are for. Or, "we're in a rush, but we're gonna get apps, meals, and dessert. Then chat for 20 minutes".

If you're on the phone, you're not ready to order. I'll be back when you're done.

"Can we split the check 6 ways?"
All 6 pay in cash. Splitting 4 ways is about the limit. After that, it's gonna be a minute so be paitient. If someone has cash, make it work.

Never ever snap your fingers at Antoine, or any other server.

Over 16 years old, and that's generous, is too old to be sung happy birthday to.

There is a method to where a host or hostess seats you. A rotation. Don't be 2 people who get sat at a 2 person table then ask the server to move them to a booth for 6.

"It's chilly in here, can you turn the heat on?"
Yes. I'll turn the heat on in July despite the 150 other people in here not complaining about it.

I carry 2 plates in my my hands and 1 on my arm to a table of 4. Before I can even address the 4th person that I'll be back in 10 seconds with their plate, they remind me "what about my meal" like I forgot or I'm supposed to carry it on my head.

"What's the cheapest beer you have" is the wrong way to ask "do you have any specials or happy hour today?"

If you get a mixed drink light on the ice, you aren't getting more booze. If you want it strong, do you want a double? Yes it costs more for a double. This isn't your house.

If you exercise common sense and common courtesy, and understand that you aren't your servers only table, you will be just fine.
  • You Play to Win the Game and JHTerp01 like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

The cell phone use in public really is obnoxious. It started with the damn Nextel walkie talkie things, when people didn't know the silent setting existed. Now everyone walks around with buds or bluetooth and have no problem having private conversations in aisle 8. Jerk offs.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

Rude behavior is how much bars charge for alcohol. Especially liquor.

• Mike in STL likes this

#36 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Oh man. Forgot about Nextels. So damn annoying.
@BSLMikeRandall

#37 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

The cell phone use in public really is obnoxious. It started with the damn Nextel walkie talkie things, when people didn't know the silent setting existed. Now everyone walks around with buds or bluetooth and have no problem having private conversations in aisle 8. Jerk offs.

Cell phones are the bane of existence. I hate when you are having an in person conversation with someone and they are looking at their phone reading a tweet, post, text and texting back. If it's an important text excuse yourself and go handle it but don't sit there and keep going back and forth with someone else while I'm in front of you.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#38 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

Restaurant pet peeves:

High top tables are usually self seating. Don't sit at a dirty one and ask a random server with a tray full of food if they can clean it 2 seconds after sitting yourself there.

"We're in a rush".
That's what drive thrus are for. Or, "we're in a rush, but we're gonna get apps, meals, and dessert. Then chat for 20 minutes".

These two.

ALSO...if you show up and don't expect to pay for (whatever you're buying plus 15%), can you just...like...not go out to eat? McDonald's is right down the street bruh.

• mweb08 and Mike in STL like this

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Parents who let their kids run wild and don't pay any attention to them

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:04 AM

People who pimp walk through a slow cross-walk. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=