Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Good Stuff Greg, thank you!

I think that there are some of these position players are real prospects, that will give the Orioles a different look.  especially in the outfield.

I am so tired of the plodders in the outfield and worse on their base path's, it is nice to see some speed in the pipeline/.

Just curious, have you seen Santander yet.   There seems to be a lot of buzz around him and I guess we will be seeing him next week, probably at Gentry's expense.  Is he a reliability in the outfield?

• Greg Pappas likes this
@mikeghg

#3 GregGoldstein

GregGoldstein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Good Stuff Greg, thank you!

I think that there are some of these position players are real prospects, that will give the Orioles a different look. especially in the outfield.

I am so tired of the plodders in the outfield and worse on their base path's, it is nice to see some speed in the pipeline/.

Just curious, have you seen Santander yet. There seems to be a lot of buss around him and I guess we will be seeing him next week, probably at Gentry's expense. Is he a reliability in the outfield?

Yes I've see him a few times. He's imposing at the plate and the ball jumps off his bat when he connects. He's a power threat, but he's got a long swing, so he's not gonna hit for a high average. Still he has a ton of power behind the swing and is hitting very well right now in Bowie, so the hype is pretty legitimate.

Defensively, I saw him in both corner OF spots and I see a lot to be desired. He's a stiff mover and I would like to see how he handles first base because I believe from what I've seen m, that he is in fact a liability in either LF or RF.

But the Kim trade opens up a spot for him now that his rehab is almost done, so we'll see how his swing plays vs better stuff. I'm predicting some struggles early on because he's never gone up against pitching higher than Double-A.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Greg Pappas and Mike B like this

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Yes I've see him a few times. He's imposing at the plate and the ball jumps off his bat when he connects. He's a power threat, but he's got a long swing, so he's not gonna hit for a high average. Still he has a ton of power behind the swing and is hitting very well right now in Bowie, so the hype is pretty legitimate.

Defensively, I saw him in both corner OF spots and I see a lot to be desired. He's a stiff mover and I would like to see how he handles first base because I believe from what I've seen m, that he is in fact a liability in either LF or RF.

But the Kim trade opens up a spot for him now that his rehab is almost done, so we'll see how his swing plays vs better stuff. I'm predicting some struggles early on because he's never gone up against pitching higher than Double-A.

Thanks Greg,  I look forward to seeing him, next week.  Gentry probably not looking forward to seeing him.

Hopefully he will put  the work in and become a better defensive player, no matter where he gets his shot. 

@mikeghg

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

How are people feeling about the system compared to how you felt going into the year?

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

How are people feeling about the system compared to how you felt going into the year?

I think you have to feel better because of the emergence of Mountcastle and Hays, along with more and more people like Sisco.

Scott has shown improvement as well.

End of the day, I think we see a system that looks better at the top than it did entering the season but it still lacks elite prospects and the depth you would like to see.

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

The numbers Hays is putting up in two levels, has me intrigued.  He not only carried over the production from A to AA, he bettered it.

He is one of the guys I check on a few times a week....

He seems to be on a path, similar to Mancini

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=