#6001 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:18 PM

I've never even heard of Foot Drop until reading that. Poor guy, I hope he can have a solid quality of life in retirement.

#6002 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:17 PM

I have heard of it, but I really did not know what it was. Seriously, they should rename the Comeback Player of the Year Award, the Alex Smith Award. The dude's a beast.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#6003 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:49 AM

1st team mentioned for next season, Bears. He could reunite with his old coach Matt Nagy when both were in KC. Not sure of the contract he's looking for or if the Bears are interested.

#6004 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:52 AM

It's official...

Nicki Jhabvala@NickiJhabvala·7m

The Washington Football Team has officially released Alex Smith, source confirmed. He's now a free agent for the first time in his career and the team saves close to $15M in cap space.

#6005 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

1st team mentioned for next season, Bears. He could reunite with his old coach Matt Nagy when both were in KC. Not sure of the contract he's looking for or if the Bears are interested.

I heard the Patriots or Denver appear to be two landing points for Smith.

Lots of "stuff" out there, we shall see.

#6006 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:38 AM

Fitzmagic!

#6007 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:40 AM

Fitzmagic!

Perfect one year deal. Don’t overpay and don’t reach for the next mediocre qb in the draft when everyone is qb fishing.
@JeremyMStrain

#6008 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:56 AM

Yep, this about sums it up...

So lemme get this straight… The NFL is WAIVING its max debt limit, so one of the WORST owners in history can get MORE power, amid a PENDING investigation into personal and organizational misconduct? That's what's happening here, in real life?

#6009 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:38 AM

Burgundy Blog@BurgundyBlog·11m

So lemme get this straight… The NFL is WAIVING its max debt limit, so one of the WORST owners in history can get MORE power, amid a PENDING investigation into personal and organizational misconduct? That's what's happening here, in real life?

I’ve been holding out hope all day that it wasn’t as easy to force him to sell the team with the minority guys (who already wanted out) and now that it’ll be all him they can enforce things along those lines.

But I’m sure I’m just being too optimistic.
@JeremyMStrain

#6010 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:22 AM

There is no question that Danny sucks.

But, there are some other bad owners in history, Al Davis, Bidwell, Jerry Jones, Bob Irsay Sr., and I am sure I missed one or two.

Is he worse than any of those? Not sure I can say that he is.

#6011 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:56 AM

I’ve been holding out hope all day that it wasn’t as easy to force him to sell the team with the minority guys (who already wanted out) and now that it’ll be all him they can enforce things along those lines.

But I’m sure I’m just being too optimistic.

Still hope here. NFL commented and said this and the investigation and completely unrelated and have no bearing on each other, and the rumor from people claiming to have seen a couple pages of the investigation claim the suggestion is to force him to sell.

It was mentioned before that the minority guys wanted him to sell so they’d get market value for their share, cause he didn’t have enough to buy them out at market price, that waiver would allow him to do that, and then repay it when he sells at full value later.

Just a theory but pieces would add up.
  • Nigel Tufnel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#6012 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:41 PM

Fingers crossed!

• JeremyStrain likes this

#6013 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:27 AM

There is no question that Danny sucks.

But, there are some other bad owners in history, Al Davis, Bidwell, Jerry Jones, Bob Irsay Sr., and I am sure I missed one or two.

Is he worse than any of those? Not sure I can say that he is.

Jerry Jones is a great owner, but a horrible GM.  Then again I guess you need to hold him accountable for not firing his GM.

#6014 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:57 AM

Jerry Jones is a great owner, but a horrible GM.  Then again I guess you need to hold him accountable for not firing his GM.

I have many cowboy fans, not a single one will acknowledge that he is a great owner. Most are praying for the day, somebody else owns the team.

You know he was sued by his stadium workers, for the organization keeping tip money when people paid by credit cards?

He puts his family is charge of departments, so he can micromanage them.

#6015 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:14 AM

WFT releases TE Moss, son of Hall of Famer

#6016 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:40 AM

Alex Smith retires.

Alex Smith, reigning NFL Comeback Player of the Year, announces retirement from football (espn.com)

#6017 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:27 PM

Just business as usual for the WFT.

The Washington Football Team and the attorney it hired to investigate workplace misconduct are battling in court over access to details of a past lawsuit alleging workplace misconduct.

#6018 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:34 PM

"Washington QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is believed to have suffered a hip subluxation and he’ll have an MRI tomorrow to determine if that’s the case and how much damage it caused, sources say," Rapoport wrote. "The hope is nothing was broken. A serious injury, but they’ll learn how serious tomorrow."

#6019 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 12:24 PM

Fitzpatrick to IR - he'll miss at least 3 weeks.

Veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick suffered a subluxation, or partial dislocation, of his right hip during the Washington Football Team’s season-opening loss to the Los Angeles Chargers and will be placed on injured reserve, Coach Ron Rivera said Monday.

Fitzpatrick will miss at least three weeks and possibly more, as he and the team receive further details from a second doctor’s opinion. Taylor Heinicke will be Washington’s starting quarterback in Fitzpatrick’s absence.

Ryan Fitzpatrick to go on injured reserve; Taylor Heinicke to start for WFT vs. Giants - The Washington Post

#6020 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 12:28 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=