http://baltimorespor...s-stock-report/

• BSLChrisStoner and Markus like this

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Certainly encouraging that Hays is regarded as an all-around talent. Going to be interesting to see how he ends this year with Bowie.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

How is Mullins regarded defensively? Plus range with his speed? How's the arm?

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

The Sedlock evaluation bothers me as much as his statline.  As a college pitcher, I don't want to read that he has mechanical issues. That's depressing.

I don't know how many times we've heard about pitchers sitting at such and such velocity prior to entering the organization, and then sitting significantly lower once their professional development begins.

Maybe that is because A) Those guys weren't really consistently 'sitting' at such speeds, were just occasionally hitting... or B) Maybe it's what Greg has suggested here adjusting to the professional throwing schedule.

Either way, it's concerning that Sedlock is working at 90-91. Of course that could also be related to the mechanical questions.

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

The Sedlock evaluation bothers me as much as his statline.  As a college pitcher, I don't want to read that he has mechanical issues. That's depressing.

I don't know how many times we've heard about pitchers sitting at such and such velocity prior to entering the organization, and then sitting significantly lower once their professional development begins.

Maybe that is because A) Those guys weren't really consistently 'sitting' at such speeds, were just occasionally hitting... or B) Maybe it's what Greg has suggested here adjusting to the professional throwing schedule.

Either way, it's concerning that Sedlock is working at 90-91. Of course that could also be related to the mechanical questions.

Or maybe the Orioles are screwing with things.

I get it that their job is to put them in a position to succeed and maybe they saw something in his mechanics that said he can't succeed long term.  OTOH, if that was an issue, why draft him?  Why do you think, with your poor track record, that you will bring someone in and "fix" them?  

We will see how it works out but it could easily be the case of the Orioles just not knowing wtf they are doing.

#6 GregGoldstein

GregGoldstein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Re: Mullins

His speed and burst allows him to cover a lot of ground in CF. He doesn't have a great arm, but it should be serviceable. He may fit better in LF because of the subpar arm strength, but he can play a serviceable CF if needed.

• BobPhelan likes this

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

Sedlock, after missing 2 weeks for some reason(?), got rocked the other night.  11 hits and 5 runs in 3.2 IP.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

From Steve M:

Frederick Keys today placed RHP Cody Sedlock on 7-day DL with a right elbow flexor strain. He's 4-4 with 6.46 ERA.

Might this explain the velocity issues?

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Melewski hinting to me in Twitter he has been dealing with this most or all year round.

He is trying to find out more details.

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Given struggles and velocity and his performance last year, injuries seem the most obvious. 

Also, he's an Oriole's prospect, what did we expect? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=