SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

Sedlock is interesting to me.

As they pointed out, the peripherals are good.  He has given up a lot of hits but I can't find anywhere that is keeping track of doubles and triples, so I don't know if they are getting a lot of XBH off of him.

But he has given up a good amount of hits, which is also reflected in a very high BABIP.  The LOB% is also very low as well, which indicates the pen isn't helping him out either.

I certainly would like to see the ERA better but his FIP is just over 4 and most of his other stats look pretty good.

I wonder if Reggie or Zach has seen him in person this year(or heard anyone they trust who has seen him in person), at least recently?

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

The LOB% is also very low as well, which indicates the pen isn't helping him out either.

Just want to point out that LOB% is a derived stat. It tries to estimate how many runners do not score among those that reached base, but it's not the actually tally of how many runners were stranded each inning. I don't know why they don't also have that tracked, I think it'd be interesting to see.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Mountcastle is the biggest bright spot in the minors this year for me. If he keeps hitting, it won't matter if he has to move to LF or 3B or something.

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Mountcastle is the biggest bright spot in the minors this year for me. If he keeps hitting, it won't matter if he has to move to LF or 3B or something.

Yep...its him and Hays although I would like to see Hays walking a little more.  

#6 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

Would like to see Mountcastle walking more and striking out less if we are getting picky
  • SportsGuy likes this

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

Also nice to see Stewart bounce back so far at Bowie. Hes not tearing it up but hes been pretty consistent. If he carries it over in AAA he's back on the radar

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Would like to see Mountcastle walking more and striking out less if we are getting picky

Yep...and lets be clear.  When talking about this type of stuff, its more about projecting them as they go up in competition.

If Hays is going to be a 320 hitters and show good power in the majors, I don't care if his walk rate is low.

But chances are, he won't be that player, so being more disciplined is obviously better as he moves up the ladder.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Also nice to see Stewart bounce back so far at Bowie. Hes not tearing it up but hes been pretty consistent. If he carries it over in AAA he's back on the radar

It is interesting how he has basically been a better player as he moved up in the organization.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=