8 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

14 straight is the MLB record.

What's crazy? More than 20% of the Orioles' season wins come from extra inning games. (59 total wins on the year.)

#2 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Unreal. I didn't savor the 96 and 97 seasons enough when they happened, so this is the most fun season I can remember.

Here's hoping the ride will continue.

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Unreal. I didn't savor the 96 and 97 seasons enough when they happened, so this is the most fun season I can remember.

Agreed. I was 11 and 12 for those seasons, so I didn't know any better. This has been a ton of fun.

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

9 scoreless bullpen innings last night!

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

http://espn.go.com/b... ... he-orioles

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I am to the point, where I could care lesss about run differential. ESPN is right logic, says the Orioles will fall but we have been saying this for 3 months. There have been times where it looked like the bottom is falling out but everytime we think they are down and on the way to out they coming fighting back. We have asked for meaningful games in August and September, well we have them. I went the last 2 nights and it was loud but still less than half full. ESPN and SI are both saying we can not sustain it but they are also two of the publications that said we would lose 100 games. They were wrong as were many of us. The numbers say we are still not good, but the standings tell a different story. Go O's.
@mikeghg

#7 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

9 scoreless bullpen innings last night!

Clearly, if we do get into the 1 game wild card playoff, we should just pitch the bullpen ;)

Seriously, though, impressive stuff!

@AdamWolff

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I am to the point, where I could care lesss about run differential. ESPN is right logic, says the Orioles will fall but we have been saying this for 3 months. There have been times where it looked like the bottom is falling out but everytime we think they are down and on the way to out they coming fighting back. We have asked for meaningful games in August and September, well we have them. I went the last 2 nights and it was loud but still less than half full. ESPN and SI are both saying we can not sustain it but they are also two of the publications that said we would lose 100 games. They were wrong as were many of us. The numbers say we are still not good, but the standings tell a different story. Go O's.

Well, the best point that has been made about this team by numerous people on this site is that the Orioles only have to play above their heads for another 55ish games, not 162.

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Me either, I was 11/12 at the time and I was rather disappointed in 1997 when we had the team that we did and couldn't get to the WS. Appreciating this season much more and enjoying the ride for what it is(and hoping it continues as well).
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=