208 replies to this topic

#201 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

It's completely unacceptable where MD is as a program considering where they once were in the basketball landscape. I was not once excited to watch this team since the Michigan State game they pulled out of their ass. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#202 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Dodd, Gill...  definitely.  
Melo.. probably...

Wiley, Nickens, Ceko... possibly.

Where is Melo going to go?  He keeps getting worse.  I don't see him being anything more than a mid-2nd round pick.

#203 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

Where is Melo going to go? He keeps getting worse. I don't see him being anything more than a mid-2nd round pick.

Europe

#204 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Europe

I think you're probably right...or the D-League.  He seemed so promising early, but just keeps losing any explosiveness.

#205 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

I think you're probably right...or the D-League.  He seemed so promising early, but just keeps losing any explosiveness.

I don't really think it's the explosiveness.  That never was his strength.

He just can't shoot anymore.  Even his FT numbers have dropped considerably.  I think as some guys bulk up in college they lose their shot a bit, and that seems to have happened with Melo.  Either that or the freshman year was the anomaly, which is certainly possible.  His 3pt% and FT% have both dropped about 10 points since his freshman year.

When people don't respect your shot they can cheat and play back on you.

#206 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

The overall resume for this season is fine. But God damn, what a disappointing and infuriating finish. Don't expect a young team to get worse as the season goes on.

The offense we run is a joke and Turgeon's constant attempts to run out the clock and slow down the pace are no longer tenable to me. I know we can't get rid of him, but I wish we could. Hope he can recruit well enough to overcome his weaknesses.

#207 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

Jesus, yall got really heated at Bacon. LOL

(I was seriously thinking "X gonna give it to ya" too. Not trolling, but that song is just so great that it should be played in any and all circumstances.)

#208 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Jesus, yall got really heated at Bacon. LOL

(I was seriously thinking "X gonna give it to ya" too. Not trolling, but that song is just so great that it should be played in any and all circumstances.)

It's all good.

MD sucks. Simple as that. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#209 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Jesus, yall got really heated at Bacon. LOL   (I was seriously thinking "X gonna give it to ya" too. Not trolling, but that song is just so great that it should be played in any and all circumstances.)

Eh it was a bit of a dick move by me last night. I was drinking, feeling confident. Oh well no biggie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=