1218 replies to this topic

#1161 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:15 PM

Oh you’d like that wouldn’t you? Well I ain’t gonna give ya the satisfaction!

I don't care what you do.

I was giving you some advice.

You don't seem to have any problem dishing it out
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1162 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 05:59 AM

Brown's want to start Watson 1st preseason game. NfL doesn't want him to see the field. The appeal decision could come this afternoon.

I asked this on RSR. If he plays tonight and gets hurt, can the Browns IR him and he gets his salary for the year.?

#1163 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:48 AM

I asked this on RSR. If he plays tonight and gets hurt, can the Browns IR him and he gets his salary for the year.?

You can be suspended (and then lose pay) while on IR.

#1164 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 August 2022 - 07:04 AM

Brown's want to start Watson 1st preseason game. NfL doesn't want him to see the field. The appeal decision could come this afternoon.

He also only makes $1M this season.

#1165 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 07:25 AM

He also only makes $1M this season.

And the dirtbags put into his contract that they wouldn't try to recoup any signing bonus if he was suspended.

Think about that. It's not saying "we'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we know more". It's saying "even if the league or authorities prove you've done these things, we'll still pay you for it". It's the shadiest part of any of this (aside from the actual assaults).
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1166 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:03 AM

And the dirtbags put into his contract that they wouldn't try to recoup any signing bonus if he was suspended.

Think about that. It's not saying "we'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we know more". It's saying "even if the league or authorities prove you've done these things, we'll still pay you for it". It's the shadiest part of any of this (aside from the actual assaults).

Any part of this deal was done with approval of Haslam. He probably pushed to give Watson whatever he wanted. He justs wants to win so badly he's make a deal with the devil to do so.

#1167 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:19 PM

The Jacksonville fans seem to be giving him the welcome he deserves.  Absolutely disgusting from the NFL.  The lesson for the players I guess is if you want to abuse women, make sure there's no video.

#1168 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 August 2022 - 11:01 AM

11 games, $5m fine, per settlement between NFL and NFLPA.

#1169 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 11:31 AM

Cleveland game 12 is at Houston so that's interesting.

#1170 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 11:36 AM

That's finally over with.

He almost gets double the games that he was originally given and the five million dollar fine.

I was surprised the initial ruling did not include a fine. Also, I think this is a good compromise. From what I read, Watson wanted eight games and the league wanted a full season.(At least.)

Do the Browns bring another QB into their mess, or do they ride with what they have?
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1171 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:22 PM

That's finally over with.

He almost gets double the games that he was originally given and the five million dollar fine.

I was surprised the initial ruling did not include a fine. Also, I think this is a good compromise. From what I read, Watson wanted eight games and the league wanted a full season.(At least.)

Do the Browns bring another QB into their mess, or do they ride with what they have?

I think they are getting Bernie Kosar back.

What a jack ass organization the Browns are.

• russsnyder likes this
@mikeghg

#1172 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:33 PM

Hope its beyond a lost season for the Browns before he returns.

@BSLMikeRandall

#1173 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:35 PM

Hope its beyond a lost season for the Browns before he returns.

It'd be good if they were like 500 and he comes back and is awful.

I have no clue what to expect of him after all that time off. He can't practice with the team now either I guess.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#1174 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:52 PM

I have no clue what to expect of him after all that time off. He can't practice with the team now either I guess.

I would think he can practice, and play preseason, right up to the days before Week 1. Though it would make no sense for them to give him many reps since they have to prepare at least two other QBs for 2/3 of the season.
  • makoman likes this

#1175 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2022 - 01:04 PM

I think he can practice and play through the last pre-season game, then he has to get his degenerate ass out of the locker room.

@mikeghg

#1176 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 01:47 PM

Wonder if the Browns will have a Bill Cosby appearance to warm up the crowd before Watson's first game. Get that swimmer from Stanford to do the honorary coin toss and then bang the coin because it can't say no.  R Kelly can do the halftime show.  Darren Sharper didn't play for them, but does that mean the Browns can't retire his number?

• Hooded Viper, Mike B and russsnyder like this

#1177 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:00 PM

Wonder if the Browns will have a Bill Cosby appearance to warm up the crowd before Watson's first game. Get that swimmer from Stanford to do the honorary coin toss and then bang the coin because it can't say no.  R Kelly can do the halftime show.  Darren Sharper didn't play for them, but does that mean the Browns can't retire his number?

Can Robert Kraft own two teams?

@BSLMikeRandall

#1178 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:05 PM

Can Robert Kraft own two teams?

No but Vince McMahon may be in the market for a team.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#1179 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:20 PM

And cajole the Cavaliers into offering a big trade package to Charlotte for Miles Bridges, just to keep it in The Land.

#1180 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Before this settlement he breaks out an apology to all the women. After the deal comes out he is still claiming he did nothing wrong. 

Stupid NFL for giving in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=