#1 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

I see Lardarius Green, who has become important for Pitt, apparently took a big hit today and is in concussion protocol. That's something to watch today.

Also, Stephon Tuitt had to leave the game with a knee injury. That's not as big a deal but it does hurt their depth up front if he can't play.

It didn't appear the Ravens suffered any injuries today of any note. So, it will be about Jimmy Smith for us.

Also, Ducasse looked bad today. Does Lewis play RG next week, a position he hasn't played in years? Did Ducasse just have a bad game or is he wearing down?

I don't see us winning if Smith is out or is greatly hindered by the ankle.

BSL: Previewing Week 16: Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

BSL: Things that went right in the prior Steelers game

BSL: In good ways and bad, Ravens share qualities with 2015 Broncos

BSL: Ravens – Steelers : The Last Six Games

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

Steelers are a 4.5 point favorite.

#3 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Steelers didn't impress me today. Neither did the Ravens, but I think it will be a tight game.

For whatever reason, Ravens have had the Steelers number as of late and I think we have a good chance at coming out winners.

The key imo will be our ability to run the ball and keep TOP. Limiting Brown and Bell is something we always seem to do well.
@gabefergy

#4 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

If this team played anything on offense in the last two weeks like we did against Miami I'd save we have hope. But we just didn't. We can't seem to hit guys in stride, we still don't route combo guys open, our OL doesn't fair well against 2 or 3 man rushes, and the run defense has been more than leaky since Miami.

I think we have a chance, but I felt good against NEP because it felt like things were coming together. I don't feel anything about this game because I think it's just as likely that we get blown out by 25 as we it is to win by 1. 

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

If Smith is out, I think we lose by double digits. It may be a competitive game but they pull away in the 4th.

Pitt's defense is playing really well lately and I just don't see us being able to run it well.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

If this team played anything on offense in the last two weeks like we did against Miami I'd save we have hope. But we just didn't. We can't seem to hit guys in stride, we still don't route combo guys open, our OL doesn't fair well against 2 or 3 man rushes, and the run defense has been more than leaky since Miami.

I think we have a chance, but I felt good against NEP because it felt like things were coming together. I don't feel anything about this game because I think it's just as likely that we get blown out by 25 as we it is to win by 1.

Yea, I just worry about the offense sustaining much of anything and if the offense struggles and the defense is without Smith, I just don't like that combo against a team that is playing very well.

#7 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

Can't be considered a good sign for the Steelers that they were getting completely whipped by the Bengals for much of that game yesterday.

Of course, they play much better at home, and also they did come back to win. (The Bengals are a goddamn disaster)

But still waiting on the Steelers to turn into this juggernaut everyone seems to think they are.

Ben hasn't played well against us in like 2 years. I don't necessarily expect that to continue, and if I had to put down significant money I think the Steelers will end up winning this game, they just have too much firepower.

But I dunno. Is the Steelers defense actually good or have they just been feasting on Scott Tolzien and Tyrod Taylors?

It wouldn't shock me if this is your typical ugly, slobberknocking Ravens Steelers game that comes down to a key turnover and a late field goal.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#8 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

I'm not convinced the Steelers are world beater, elite juggernauts either. But I'm not convinced we could go on the road and beat anyone with this offense. 

We have to be able to hold longer possessions and get a rhythm going. Teams seem to have a good feel for how to get Joe off his game. I don't see how we do that in Pittsburgh, with Scott Tolzien, Tryod Taylor or Joe Flacco right now. 

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

I'm very concerned about our new shitty run defense against Bell.

If they can move the ball on the ground like NY and PHI were able to, this is going to get ugly fast.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

I'm very concerned about our new shitty run defense against Bell.

If they can move the ball on the ground like NY and PHI were able to, this is going to get ugly fast.

And Miami. Maimi just refused to commit to the run. It's been bad for a while now. I'm not sure if it's technique or what, but Pees needs to get that straightened out ASAP. 

#11 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

The Steelers are 4-2 at home this year...losses to NE and Dallas.

In the home wins, they beat the Skins by 22, the Chiefs by 29, the Jets by 18 and the Giants by 10.

Ravens haven't won a road game since Sept and Smith is likely out.  

I just don't see any reason to expect a win here.  Its possible but Pitt is playing better than the Ravens right now and aren't without arguably the most important NON QB on the team.  

Playoffs only happen if the team beats Cinci and gets help.  

#12 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Was just looking at Ben's home stats and they are a little scary. It's like 17 TDs to a handful of interceptions.

Definitely hard to trust the Ravens to go in there and get the job done with the way we've been playing. It will take a Dolphins-game type of performance where everything is clicking and the mistakes we're used to seeing are pretty much non-existant.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#13 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

If the Ravens win this game it will be because Joe had a great game. They will struggle to run the ball and the game plan will be for him to throw it 40+ times.  

Hard for me to believe that will happen right now.  

#14 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

The Bengals were gashing the Steelers in the gun game yesterday before they went into full implosion mode in the second half. Plus the Steelers could be without Tuitt now, and are already missing Heyward. 

I didn't watch the game too closely, but I think the Ravens will be able to run on them. 

@gabefergy

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Need to start hot. Or at a minimum, not dig ourselves into a hole like the NE game. We get up for Pittsburgh, and it's for the division, and these players on this unit have beaten them a lot lately. I can't get my hopes up, but I'm expecting a battle.

• SportsGuy likes this

#16 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

the Ravens will be able to run on them. 

Ravens running game, what's that?

We were able to run on the Eagles yesterday too...still couldn't find it. 

Heck...teams that drop 7 or 8 into coverage should be able to be run on period...or least taken much more advantage of in the PA game. 

Do any of us trust the Ravens coaching staff to get that right. 

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

The Bengals were gashing the Steelers in the gun game yesterday before they went into full implosion mode in the second half. Plus the Steelers could be without Tuitt now, and are already missing Heyward. 

I didn't watch the game too closely, but I think the Ravens will be able to run on them. 

If we run the ball well., we have a very good chance of beating them.

But we never run the ball well on them...even when we ran it well. we still struggled to run it on them.

Be nice to see it happen though.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

Need to start hot. Or at a minimum, not dig ourselves into a hole like the NE game. We get up for Pittsburgh, and it's for the division, and these players on this unit have beaten them a lot lately. I can't get my hopes up, but I'm expecting a battle.

Pittsburgh is the Ravens Duke.

They get up for that game more than any other game.   

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Pittsburgh is the Ravens Duke.

They get up for that game more than any other game.   

No doubt, though a lot of Ravens fans dislike the Pats more. I don't. It's very close. But it's still the Steelers for me. Their fans are everywhere.

#20 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

I dislike the Pats more, but I like the Ravens / Steelers games much better and enjoy them much more. I mostly respect the Steelers and how they go about doing things, minus the whole Tomlin / Jones thing. Lost a lot of respect for Tomlin that day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=