• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

GULP! I can't do that for less then 3 years of Headley.

It's close for me. Schoop is a problem for me because I see him as a 6 year 2B solution, where others don't. I can understand it, but we all have to pick our positions on things I guess.

If it were BMat, Avery and Rodriguez? I'd have been all over it.
@JeremyMStrain

#102 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't think Avery is going to amount to much. I realize he's 22, but nothing except for his speed screams out above average to me. If teams view him as the equal of Schoop or Hoes then that is good for us.

#103 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I don't think Avery is going to amount to much. I realize he's 22, but nothing except for his speed screams out above average to me. If teams view him as the equal of Schoop or Hoes then that is good for us.

That was on our end (and mostly because there is NOTHING else besides them). MAYBE Wright in Bowie, but most see him as a RP and he's had trouble staying healthy.
@JeremyMStrain

#104 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yeah I had heard it was ONE of the 3 starters, and 2 prospects, which settled towards the end on Jake, one of Hoes/Avery/Schoop, and one of Delmonico/Rodriguez.

Yea, no brainer there especially if we could keep Schoop out of the deal.

I may actually value Delmonico and ERod over Britton because I worry he will never amount to anything because of that shoulder.

#105 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yea, no brainer there especially if we could keep Schoop out of the deal.

I may actually value Delmonico and ERod over Britton because I worry he will never amount to anything because of that shoulder.

Might agree with you there, after watching him yesterday, I'm a little concerned. Lot of similarity to Erbe, and you know how much I saw him in AA.
@JeremyMStrain

#106 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,656 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Might agree with you there, after watching him yesterday, I'm a little concerned. Lot of similarity to Erbe, and you know how much I saw him in AA.

Britton looks like a guy who either can not or is afraid to let the ball go. How much interest do you think he was drawing in trade discussions. If I was scouting him for another team, I would be raising red flags.
@mikeghg

#107 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Britton looks like a guy who either can not or is afraid to let the ball go. How much interest do you think he was drawing in trade discussions. If I was scouting him for another team, I would be raising red flags.

Not sure, but I didn't hear much about him. After seeing him I can see why. I know that FIRST time I scouted Erbe in AA and his velo was down so much, a shoulder injury was the FIRST thing I said, and everyone around the team was giving me the "shhhhhh, you can't ask him about that". I didn't listen, but at first he thought I was a reporter and wouldn't tell me, after I explained to him what I was doing we talked about it a bit, but I promised him I wouldn't say anything online.
@JeremyMStrain

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

In looking a little closer at Britton's velocity - it doesn't appear that it's been down this year at all, nor has it been inconsistent. Here is a snap shot of his velo last year as compared to this year:

Posted Image

But for the record, I also looked at a couple isolated starts this year, and his velocity was consistent game to game, so I'm really not seeing any variance here. Perhaps the stadium guns were off a bit, not sure, but according to Pitch F/X, he's been pretty consistent with his velo.

I think that with Britton he's just been inconsistent with commanding the sinker, and overall fastball command. When it's not sinking, and the fastball is up, he gets crushed. Also, too many damn walks.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this

#109 Mcgraw

Mcgraw
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

That's fine work Ricker.

#110 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Note the lack of vertical movement on the sinker this year. Aside from it used to be in the 94-95 range (my own eyes), and now has lost a couple inches of sink, coupled with we KNEW he had a shoulder injury, and any injury you get PRP for is nothing minor...something doesn't add up.
@JeremyMStrain

#111 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Note the lack of vertical movement on the sinker this year. Aside from it used to be in the 94-95 range (my own eyes), and now has lost a couple inches of sink, coupled with we KNEW he had a shoulder injury, and any injury you get PRP for is nothing minor...something doesn't add up.

Yeah, I did notice that. I was only addressing the velocity, which according to this data, has been pretty consistently in that 92 range.

I was in no way suggesting that this was any proof that he isn't still hurt or anything of that regard, but based on the data it isn't accurate to say his velocity is inconsistent or down from start to start or even year over year. That was my main point.

#112 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yeah, I did notice that. I was only addressing the velocity, which according to this data, has been pretty consistently in that 92 range.

I was in no way suggesting that this was any proof that he isn't still hurt or anything of that regard, but based on the data it isn't accurate to say his velocity is inconsistent or down from start to start or even year over year. That was my main point.

I didn't watch him much last year in his couple starts up, I was going off what I saw him at in the minors. It's kind of a big difference to have a 91-92mph sinker or have a 94-95mph sinker. Maybe he took something off at the ML level to try to control it more, but it was definitely not the same pitch I saw in the minors.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=