126 replies to this topic

#121 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

And I am not a fan of Walt Bell's gameplan/playcalling today. I realize Harrison was suspended, and that had an impact, but Johnson should have got much more than 15 carries, especially early on when the score was still close. Did Wes Brown forget how to run the ball? And was Trey Edmunds never able to get back healthy? I didn't think his injury was that bad.

#122 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

I think we can all agree that the team was outmanned this year, but BC has one of the worst offenses in all of the FBS, and with a month to prepare for them they rolled right over our defense in the first half.  I'm certainly not bailing on Durkin and am enthused that he's bringing in some recruits, but for a guy who's billed as a defense-oriented guy it's just difficult for me to believe the the team is that far behind in the talent department.

#123 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,514 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

I for one have no concerns about Durkin's, and this staff's, ability to bring in the sort of talent that MD is realistically capable of getting, and maybe even better than that. And the players do seem to respect and play hard for him. But I'm not yet sold on the coaching the players are getting, or the schemes they are trying to execute.

#124 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

Testudo Times: Maryland RB Lorenzo Harrison tweets Quick Lane Bowl was 'last one I had to miss'

DJ Turner also posted on Instagram something about how he had done his time, so sounds like they'll both be back when the team opens up at Texas next season (is it too early to start getting pumped about that matchup in Austin?).

@BSLZackKiesel

#125 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

Jermaine Carter, Jr. just tweeted that he'll be returning for his senior season.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#126 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Jermaine Carter, Jr. just tweeted that he'll be returning for his senior season.

Had worried earlier in the year that JC Jackson and Aniebonam might jump... but they should be back as well.

#127 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

Testudo Times: Maryland RB Lorenzo Harrison tweets Quick Lane Bowl was 'last one I had to miss'

DJ Turner also posted on Instagram something about how he had done his time, so sounds like they'll both be back when the team opens up at Texas next season (is it too early to start getting pumped about that matchup in Austin?).

Can't wait to see Harrison and Johnson next year with hopefully improved OL play and a legit QB. 

• BSLZackKiesel and Mike B like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=