528 replies to this topic

#501 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

So at what point with time on the clock left do you do something like this. Get a fast guy give him the ball to run back and take the safety while your team holds. You try to run 45 sec a minute off the clock

After watching that? 20 seconds easy. I don't know about any longer.

#502 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Seriously you are up 6 on the Pats. You have the ball at midfield with 1:10 left on the clock and they have 3 TOs. You punting to them or you giving it to Mike Wallace to run back to the end zone while you hold. At minimum you take 25 sec away from Brady. You have to free kick it though. No difference between a 6 point and 4 point game.
  • Mackus likes this

#503 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

You're right, still gonna end up being a safety, but maybe you can run 30+ seconds off that way and then would have to do the safety punt.

I'd have to have a better idea of what the average field position is after a free kick before agreeing for sure though. But with no difference between a 6 and 4 point lead, the time is probably more important than 10-20 yards of field position.

#504 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Got a feeling the rule changes next year after seeing this. Teams accepting a penalty will have the option to extend the game, offense or defense. Still, would just be one untimed down, could just take a knee.

#505 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

Got a feeling the rule changes next year after seeing this. Teams accepting a penalty will have the option to extend the game, offense or defense. Still, would just be one untimed down, could just take a knee.

Yeah. There will be a rule change.

#506 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

I'm talking about the formation stuff in the playoffs game. Not Deflategate or Spygate

No I meant how did Harbaugh bend the rulebook. I guess what mackus said is what you meant but I'm not sure that defines hypocrite there but I get your point.

#507 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Seriously you are up 6 on the Pats. You have the ball at midfield with 1:10 left on the clock and they have 3 TOs. You punting to them or you giving it to Mike Wallace to run back to the end zone while you hold. At minimum you take 25 sec away from Brady. You have to free kick it though. No difference between a 6 point and 4 point game.

Interesting thought. Our luck Wallace would fumble it.

#508 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Joe said the offense lost its tempo and that they got too conservative.

#509 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Joe said the offense lost its tempo and that they got too conservative.

Joe says a lot of things. Really not saying that to be a ass but why is it always the OC. If we go away from Marty that'll be 6 in 6 years

#510 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,542 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

@PFF 3m3 minutes ago

Top-graded @Ravens today T Ricky Wagner 84.7 ED Matt Judon 82.8 QB Joe Flacco 81.6 C Jeremy Zuttah 81.2 S Eric Weddle 80.8 #BALvsCIN

#511 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Joe says a lot of things. Really not saying that to be a ass but why is it always the OC. If we go away from Marty that'll be 6 in 6 years

He's not wrong and they need to go away from
Him...and the entire offensive staff.

#512 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Maybe I'm not reading the ESPN article right but if the Bengals would have accepted the penalty the Ravens would have had to play one more down. Now at that point I guess they just would have had to run out the clock with no penalty. It says there is a rule in place where the ref can declare a "palpably unfair act" and reset the play entirely

#513 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Btw..part of the reason you get conservative is because you worry about Joes football IQ and making the dumb mistake.

#514 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,542 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:02 PM

@MikePereira

In Baltimore, foul that occurs in the field of play by offense doesn't extend the period. If foul was in end zone & created safety, it would

#515 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Maybe I'm not reading the ESPN article right but if the Bengals would have accepted the penalty the Ravens would have had to play one more down. Now at that point I guess they just would have had to run out the clock with no penalty. It says there is a rule in place where the ref can declare a "palpably unfair act" and reset the play entirely

I feel like this is why they said the "Flacco tackle" on the last play of the SB couldn't happen. Palpably unfair?

#516 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

You have to issue a warning first. So in that situation it wouldn't matter

@fuzydunlop

#517 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

Suggs: "We have the best kicker in the league but we have to keep the young man humble. I've never seen a kicker make contract demands."
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#518 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

It was nice to watch the defense come up big when it mattered.
@gabefergy

#519 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

Penalties are still a problem, this time it was largely on the defensive side of the ball. Gave them 5 first downs.
@gabefergy

#520 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:30 AM

https://www.profootb...cin-bal-grades/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users