http://www.thewrap.c...blowing-photos/

#2 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

Oh disagree, my favorite episode they only have ranked 11.  And the Hayley Atwell one and the Jon Hamm one are probably 2 and 3 for me.  Although the one they ranked 1 was probably my favorite of the new season.  And 5 was the one from the new season that made me think the most.

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

I agree with their top two but White Christmas would be in my top 3.

#4 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:01 AM

Reviewed the series tonight on my podcast: http://theredboxrepo...2-black-mirror/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,250 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:06 PM

Daily Beast: Inside ‘San Junipero’: The Magical ‘Black Mirror’ Episode
http://www.thedailyb...TDB&via=FB_Page

• BobPhelan likes this

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

I watched the first episode of this the other night. WTF is all I can say. 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

I watched the first episode of this the other night. WTF is all I can say. 

Keep going. The first episode is not a barometer for the rest of the series.

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

I will. I enjoyed it.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

I will. I enjoyed it.
Well then you should really enjoy the rest! I think I ranked the first episode 10th out of the 13.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#10 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Finished this up yesterday. I would rank the 13 shows this way.

13. S3 E2 - Playtest: I didn't like anything about this one. I didn't get it I guess. Pretty extreme for the moral to be simply "call your mom".

12. S2 E1 - Be Right Back: Sex with robots or A.I.s, or whatever they want to call them. Been done a 1000000 times an I don't get it either. Even if it looks like a loved one. Least original concept. 

11. S2 E2 - White Bear: A lot of crap that if not for the ending would have been last on this list. One of the better end twists though.

10. S1 E2 - 15 Million Merits: Interesting alternate reality concept that was pretty neat.

9. S3 E6 - Hatred in the Nation: Too long an episode. But certainly one way to rid the world of social media bullies. 

8. S2 E3 - The Waldo Moment: Ironic given the current events. I think I share Waldo's take on politics. Lol. 

7. S3 E5 - Men Against Fire: More real than we probably think and a great concept of making soldiers more efficient killers.

6. S3 E3 - Shut Up and Dance: What pretty much should happen at a minimum to those who are into the sick things they are into.

5. S1 E3 - The Entire History Of You: Contact lens' that record everything so you can review anything. Talk about over analyzing and obsessing over every little thing. Liked that concept a lot too.

4. S3 E1 - Nosedive: Pretty much if you could Yelp review people. Love the concept. Especially liked when she can finally be real. 

3. S3 E4 - San Junipero: Like Mackenzie Davis on Halt and Catch Fire. She killed it here. Another cool concept. Great soundtrack, pop culture references, keeps you thinking what the catch is most of the way. Really well done. 

2. S1 E1 - National Anthem: Great hook to get you engaged in the series. Also plays out exactly how I would think everyone would react. Everyone dying to see it, then it's just uncomfortable. 

1. S2 E4 - White Christmas: Everything about this episode was amazingly done. Although my wife figured out the twist about 20 minutes in which kind of ruined it. But still well done. Jon Hamm is great. So versatile.

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#11 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

I've still got the last three left to watch, but fuck, this shit is heavy. I guess good art should leave you with an impression. I can't binge watch it like other shows though. I'm too shaken. 

I'm not too big on rankings, but so far the first was clearly the worst episode to me. Jon Hamm one might have been the best. Bryce Dallas Howard one maybe the most impressionable. The hacker/trolling one most disturbing in a realistic way. 

I'll check back on the full details of what other people thought after I complete it. It won't be tonight though.

• BobPhelan and Dupin like this

#12 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

I've still got the last three left to watch, but fuck, this shit is heavy. I guess good art should leave you with an impression. I can't binge watch it like other shows though. I'm too shaken.    I'm not too big on rankings, but so far the first was clearly the worst episode to me. Jon Hamm one might have been the best. Bryce Dallas Howard one maybe the most impressionable. The hacker/trolling one most disturbing in a realistic way.    I'll check back on the full details of what other people thought after I complete it. It won't be tonight though.

The next episode you watch is my favorite. Jon Hamm episode certainly up there.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,250 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

The Ringer: ‘Black Mirror’ Watch: Talking to David Slade, the Director of “Metalhead”

The Ringer: ‘Black Mirror’ Watch: “USS Callister” Is This Season’s “San Junipero”

#14 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

I'm not liking this season as much as the others.

#15 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

I adore Hang the DJ, top 3 episode for me.

#16 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Three or four good episodes and a couple ok ones. No mind blowers like San Junipero but still an enjoyable binge while staying home with a sick kid today.

#17 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Three or four good episodes and a couple ok ones. No mind blowers like San Junipero but still an enjoyable binge while staying home with a sick kid today.

The Star Trek one I had some fundamental problems with the rule set they established and then violated.  Arkangel was a great concept, but it was just ok in the execution for me.  Crocodile was so basic, it just had a sci-fi trigger.

Still need to watch the last two.

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

The Star Trek one (USS Callister) was ok. Too long but I like that it had some good one liners in it. Black Mirror hardly makes you laugh, so that was pleasant for once. 

I thought the acting in Arkangel was pretty powerful. I liked that one more based on that. Also was a good concept. 

Crocodile sucked. Worst one in the entire series for me.

Hang the DJ was amazing. Loved the end. 

Metalhead had a unique antagonist. Black and white was a good choice for that one too. Glad it was only 40 minutes though. Would have been worse if they tried to fit in the back story and all. Instead they basically give you action packed act 2 and 3 and keep the cast minimal. 

Still have to watch the last one. If I'm ranking these among the others:

USS Callister and Metalhead somewhere in the middle

Arkangel between #3 and #5,

Hang the DJ in the top 3, if not #1

Crocodile dead last

@BSLMikeRandall

#19 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

This season only:

USS Callister

Black Museum

Hang the DJ

Arkangel

Metalhead

Crocodile

#20 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

The Star Trek one I had some fundamental problems with the rule set they established and then violated.

Ok fine, go ahead and ruin it for me haha. What was it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=