MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

https://twitter.com/... ... 9797415936

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Sources say after Bundy/Machado, Arrieta is 1 teams really covet from Os. But all buyin low. SD wantd Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley.

More...

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

As for Headley 4 Arrieta and 2 others. Dont know the others, but I believe one is a high ceiling player at Delmarva. Told it was way 2 much

Pads were asking for Arrieta, Delmonico and another prospect? Best guess at this point. Depending who the other prospect is/was I'd do it. If that's the price, the O's should pull the trigger.

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'd do Arrieta, Schoop, and a lower level minor leaguer without hesitation for Headley. If they want two guys that aren't Schoop, then even better!

#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,394 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

2 prospects is super vague, but I'd be perfectly fine with Arrieta headlining a deal to land Headley.

Obviously I wouldn't want one of those prospects to be Schoop, but any two other prospects plus Headley would be great. I would be willing to deal Schoop, though if need be.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Gotta be Delmonico or Rodriguez, right?

#5 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

2 prospects is super vague, but I'd be perfectly fine with Arrieta headlining a deal to land Headley.

Obviously I wouldn't want one of those prospects to be Schoop, but any two other prospects plus Headley would be great. I would be willing to deal Schoop, though if need be.

Yeah, if it was Schoop and someone lower, great. If it's any 2 not named Machado, Bundy, Schoop, even better.

@AdamWolff

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,394 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

https://twitter.com/danconnollysun/status/230060119797415936

More...

Pads were asking for Arrieta, Delmonico and another prospect? Best guess at this point. Depending who the other prospect is/was I'd do it. If that's the price, the O's should pull the trigger.

I agree. Landing Headley without having to give up any of the top 3 prospects and only Arrieta among the young starters is a great deal regardless of the third prospect. Maybe the O's are just posturing to get the price down even more.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

If its a high ceiling prospect from Delmarva and if one of the prospects isn't Machado or Bundy, then we are talking E Rodriguez and Schoop at most. Those 2 and Arrieta should be a trade you make.

#8 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'd do Arrieta, Schoop, and a lower level minor leaguer without hesitation for Headley. If they want two guys that aren't Schoop, then even better!

I don't think that Schoop would be in that deal, as I'm thinking it's Delmonico as the Delmarva prospect. Arrieta, Delmonico and ?...

However, if the trade desired by the Padres is indeed Arrieta, Schoop and Delmonico (or ERod), well, wow... that's a tough one, real tough, but if I can't get them to drop off a bit, I'd have to pull the trigger.

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

How would that be "way too much"? This is encouraging news if that's what they really want though.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,452 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Gotta be Delmonico or Rodriguez, right?

They can have them both. Then the O's can turn to Cleveland and use Schoop as the main piece for Choo.

Markakis RF
Headley 3rd
Choo LF
Jones CF
Wieters C
Thome 1st
Davis DH
Hardy SS
Andino 2nd

#11 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Make the deal Duquette.

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'd move Arrieta, Schoop, and either of Delmonico or Rodriguez. Or Arrieta and their choice of any two prospects aside from the big guys and Schoop.

If this report is true, then I'm very optimistic about a deal. If the Pads are asking for that now, then hopefully they'll come down a bit before the deadline tomorrow. And if not, no big deal, the O's should just pay that price.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

They can have them both. Then the O's can turn to Cleveland and use Schoop as the main piece for Choo.

I'd love those deals. To get Headley and Choo while holding onto Bundy and Machado and only losing one of the young pitchers would be just a masterful job by Duquette.

#14 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I asked Connolly if the Padres were asking for Arrieta, Schoop and Avery. He responded with the "I don't know the others" tweet

#15 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I hate to lose Schoop, but as I mentioned earlier, I do that deal. Arrieta, Schoop and Delmonico (or E. Rodriguez) for Headley.

I hope there's fire where there appears to be smoke.

#16 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Trying to find out who the other was, but hint was that Delmonico was the lowest value guy in the deal.
  • Coker likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Trying to find out who the other was, but hint was that Delmonico was the lowest value guy in the deal.

Can you confirm that SD has indeed backed off of 1 of Bundy/Machado?

#18 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,394 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Must be Schoop then if it is indeed prospects not named Bundy or Machado.

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Can you confirm that SD has indeed backed off of 1 of Bundy/Machado?

That's the word.

Must be Schoop then if it is indeed prospects not named Bundy or Machado.

That's what I THINK but don't know for sure.
@JeremyMStrain

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Its not that Schoop, Arrieta and Delmonico is nothing but that is a deal this team should make. Hopefully they are just trying to get the price down.

Btw, we are assuming Schoop is the other guy...he may not be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=