#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I wish I had a better feel for this game.  I will be in my seat as usual, probably get disgusted at a lot of Steeler fans waving their yellow 3 ply toilet tissue, but I have no idea if the Ravens will stand up or get waxed.

I am not one of those who think the Steelers are bound for the SB, in fact, I think they have some real problems too, but we are going to need to score 24 to have a chance and I am not sure we are up to that task.

The good news is Stanley and Yanda are back and Lewis is moving back inside, so that helps a lot.  I wish they could find a nice spot on the bench for Zuttah and maybe let the smartest man in the NFL take over at center.

@mikeghg

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

Baltimore Sun: Without the characters and antics, these Steelers-Ravens games ain't like they used to be

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:32 PM

Didn't look up news today, but the last thing I heard on Ben made it sound likely he would start. I also expect more Steelers fans than usual there. Both teams coming off byes. Ben playing at less than 100%.We claim we are healthy. We are desperate. Very interested to see how this one plays out

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

Pittsburgh Post Gazette: On the Steelers: All signs point to Roethlisberger starting Sunday vs. Ravens

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

WNST: S. Smith, Mosley questionable to play against Pittsburgh

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

So much for getting healthy

Correa, Gilmore, Wright  doubtful and Doom out.

@mikeghg

#8 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

So much for getting healthy

Correa, Gilmore, Wright  doubtful and Doom out.

Doom was to be expected. Correa and Wright won't really be missed too much. Gillmore is the one that hurts the most because he is a good run blocker and can make some plays in the passing game. Really thin at TE with him out and Pitta/Waller not being good blockers.

@gabefergy

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

Baltimore Ravens.com: Ravens Waive Will Davis, Claim CB Chris Lewis-Harris Off Waivers
http://www.baltimore...a7-e7f42e41b78e

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

RSR: Can the Ravens Climb Into First Place?
http://russellstreet...-9-predictions/

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Who's looking forward to tomorrow?

I'm interested to see if they look improved... and given the state of the AFC aside from NE, who knows?

Obviously things look different than they do tonight if they find ways to win tomorrow and Thursday.

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

Big game for both teams. Steelers can essentially put a lock on the division with a win and the Ravens can save their season with a win. I think it's 60/40 Ben plays. If this game were at home I think Jones starts but on the road, divisional game, I think Ben will be out there. If we could get to QB at all I'd say we'd knock him out...but Ben does hold onto ball so maybe we can get to him as he tries to extend play. I really want to see us try to control clock and establish run today. Get back to some smash mouth football on offense. Sticking with what they've been doing would be banging your head against a wall. It hasn't worked. Oh and special teams. Still probably a 13-10 or 23-20 game though, that seems to be the score every time we play.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

Also, I am going to game today...used to so amped up for these games but this isn't doing it for me this year. We'll see how I feel when I get down there. I'm heading out in an hour.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

Even if the Ravens win today, they aren't a playoff team. That said, I'm very much looking forward to the game. I'm hosting 4 Steelers fans, so that will be annoying. So it will be very nice if the Ravens can play a competent football game for once. 

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:37 AM

Ricker, don't this this the wrong way, I'm not trying to single you out, and I defintely don't question your fandom at all. But I've heard a lot of complaints this week that fans aren't excited. Fans aren't showing up to the game. Basically the "they don't look like a playoff team so who cares" argument. I mean, that defines exactly what a bandwagon fan is and Baltimore fans in general are notorious for that.

If trying to beat your hated rival to move into first place doesn't excite you (not you Ricker) I don't know what to tell those people. Go root for the Pats I guess if you need a team to "look like" a playoff team in order to get fired up in the stands at the game, or excited for a game like this.

Some Baltimore fans man. Orioles too. They don't look like a playoff team, so no one shows up with first place on the line in a heart of September. The Ravens certainly didn't look like a Super Bowl team when they didn't score a TD for five games. They didn't look like a Super Bowl team when they lost three straight including a Steelers game to Charlie Batch, fired their offensive coordinator got drubbed by the Broncos at home, finished the season 1-4 and accidently win the division.

Sports. Anything can happen.

I'm 100% looking forward to this game more so than any other game to date this year. A lot of repetitiveness during the two weeks off. They need to do X, they aren't Y, need better Z.

Well here we are. Getting some key pieces back. A couple weeks for the coaches to reflect and come up with a plan going forward. We'll see how the bye week was spent today. More of the same losing style of football, or a new mindset.

Even if the Ravens lose a close game, if the philosophy looks different, as in committed to running, blitz heavy defense, 3rd down play on both sides improves, there is at least something to look forward to.

Its the Steelers. 1st place is on the line! Ravens could be 5-4 by Friday and the whole tenor of the season changes being over .500 and 3-0 in the divison. But you can't get there without this game...So get freaking excited!!! So much speculation with two weeks off. Lets start fresh and see what the team is made of.

If nothing changes today, then I'll be back to criticizing everything they team does wrong. For now though, let's kick ass.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Icterus galbula like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

I hear ya and agree. I'm pumped for this one. I'm just not letting a win convince me we're some different team, that's all. But yeah... having people over... grilling a hell of a spread... got the Steelers week jitters. I'm still there. Don't you worry about me Randall. ;) (totally hear what you're saying... Ravens fans are spoiled, but I think most still care)
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#17 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Ever since they won in 2012, I just don't have that passion anymore. It used to be a weekly "good mood bad mood" thing depending on the result of that weekends game. Just hasn't been the same, and I'm not sure if that's a Ravens thing or more of a football in general thing (as I'm still an avid fantasy guy), Call me a bad fan if you want, I get that. Maybe my fandom focus has shifted to other teams but I just don't care or have the passion that I did from around 2006-2011. Maybe it's because it was sort of a "desperately want the thing you can't get" (i.e. Super Bowl). I dunno. Kind of OT here because I know there's a thread somewhere here regarding the declining ratings. (Not like I won't watch, I absolutely still will. It's just not a "pins and needles, day made or broke" sorta thing lately.)

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

I am heading out now.  Really not looking forward to dealing with all the Steeler crap at our stadium, but hopefully the Ravens show up.

Go Ravens!!!

@mikeghg

#19 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:28 AM

I am fired up and waiting. Steeler games always get the juices flowing. I'm not thinking about long term things or even next week. Beat Pittsburgh. Thats always the goal. 

My dad is from Pittsburgh and trash talk from his side of the family is always an undercurrent.

155mp0z.jpg

Buncha phony tough guys, the lot.

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

#20 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

Lets go to war.