#321 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

Tavon Young is making an impression. I think we may finally have a legit player opposite Jimmy Smith.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ravens gave rookie Tavon Young a game ball.

• Mike in STL likes this

#322 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

Still obviously have another game vs Pitt this year so I dont want to jinx anything, but the Ravens are 9-3 in last 12 games vs Steelers, dating back to that bad loss in the 2010 playoffs.

They say this has been one of the best rivalries in sports but it's been a pretty lopsided one the last 5 years.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#323 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:46 PM

Fucking Houshmanzadeh. That was really 6 years ago?

#324 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

Fucking Houshmanzadeh. That was really 6 years ago?

Yup. Housh giveth and taketh away. He did catch that TD to win the game in Pitt in 2010.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#325 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:51 PM

https://www.profootb...pit-bal-grades/

High scores for Lewis and Wagner last week.

#326 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,645 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Ravens gave rookie Tavon Young a game ball.

He deserved it.  

The kid is a player.   

@mikeghg

#327 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

What a fun game. I was surrounded by Steelers fans (including 2 from Iceland) at my house, so it made it even that much more sweet. 

Ben looked really bad. We did a great job on Bell. We still looked shaky on the line... Stanley, you're killing me man. What was that? D was quite good until the 4th. It was good to see Webb finally make a couple plays out there. Weddle is all over the place. What a beast.

#328 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

https://www.profootb...pit-bal-grades/

High scores for Lewis and Wagner last week.

How is this humanly possible? I mean Wagner seemed to have a fine enough game, but when the offensive line has the performance it had, and Lewis really didn't stand out to me and RSR hammered him on this one play: http://russellstreet...-vs-pittsburgh/ Juice also looked bad and has really missed blocks.

I think to some degree the bad blocks aren't counting negative in the running plays. And it's a different guy on every single play. I just have a hard time thinking 3 of the top performers for the Ravens last week were guys that were involved heavily in the running game. Particularly given Yanda wasn't one of them. 

#329 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

How is this humanly possible? I mean Wagner seemed to have a fine enough game, but when the offensive line has the performance it had, and Lewis really didn't stand out to me and RSR hammered him on this one play: http://russellstreet...-vs-pittsburgh/ Juice also looked bad and has really missed blocks.

I think to some degree the bad blocks aren't counting negative in the running plays. And it's a different guy on every single play. I just have a hard time thinking 3 of the top performers for the Ravens last week were guys that were involved heavily in the running game. Particularly given Yanda wasn't one of them.

PFF grades are trash.

#330 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

PFF grades are trash

Unless they support a point you are trying to make.  Then it's "I don't put much faith in PFF stats but they agree with my analysis here".

:)

(I'm guilty of the same thing often enough, especially in regards to defensive stats in baseball)

#331 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

Btw, this ticket market is insanely depressed.  I couldn't unload my Steelers tix for face value when in year's past I got easily twice face.

So, if you're trying to go to a game, wait it out and pounce late.  It's a buyer's market if you want to go.  You can probably have a blast tailgating Thursday night and get into the game for around $30.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#332 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Unless they support a point you are trying to make. Then it's "I don't put much faith in PFF stats but they agree with my analysis here".

:)

(I'm guilty of the same thing often enough, especially in regards to defensive stats in baseball)

There is some truth to this. I especially don't put any faith in their OL grades

#333 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Yeah I think those are way off. It's clear they rate the pass blocking positive plays highly, but with the running performance we saw this week, I'm not sure how any OL got a decent score. Or even more specifically, our FB. 

#334 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:41 PM

Btw, this ticket market is insanely depressed.  I couldn't unload my Steelers tix for face value when in year's past I got easily twice face.

So, if you're trying to go to a game, wait it out and pounce late.  It's a buyer's market if you want to go.  You can probably have a blast tailgating Thursday night and get into the game for around $30.

There's a ton of factors that dictate demand. I did well selling the Steelers game last year, but really wanted to go this year and I am glad I did. Fun time.

It also sucks since I am a season ticket holder that I have hard copy tickets that can't be transferred electronically so if I am selling them on StubHub I have to sell them by Wednesday at 3 PM so they can be delivered by Saturday at the latest via UPS. Takes the whole last minute market out of the equation for me. 

Oh well, last year was the only time I have really bailed on going to the games in 10 years. Hope it doesn't get that bad again.

#335 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

What % of the stadium capacity was full?

#336 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

There's a ton of factors that dictate demand. I did well selling the Steelers game last year, but really wanted to go this year and I am glad I did. Fun time.

It also sucks since I am a season ticket holder that I have hard copy tickets that can't be transferred electronically so if I am selling them on StubHub I have to sell them by Wednesday at 3 PM so they can be delivered by Saturday at the latest via UPS. Takes the whole last minute market out of the equation for me. 

Oh well, last year was the only time I have really bailed on going to the games in 10 years. Hope it doesn't get that bad again.

You don't have an electronic ticket account?  I do....

@bopper33

#337 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

What % of the stadium capacity was full?

It seemed mostly full.

I mean a Steeler/Raven game is always going to be packed.  The tickets will get moved, just depends on what the cost is.

This year the cost was very low.

@bopper33

#338 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

You don't have an electronic ticket account?  I do....

Is that something I can set up in my account on the Ravens site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=