#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

This series is winnable with Garcia/Nova/Hughes going to the mound for the Yankee$. Of course, they'll look at us putting Gonzalez/Tillman/Britton out there and say the same thing.

The bats need to show up... if they do, we'll fare well. (<--- That is some really in depth analysis)

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Great to win the 1st game of this series. Would love to get the series win, behind a strong Tillman outing tomorrow.

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,680 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

Just makes me absolutely giddy. I'll be happy all day tomorrow now because of this.

BTW, the fact that the game actually matters makes it all the better.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Birds Watcher: Same game, different result
http://birdswatcher....fferent-result/

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

105.7 The Fan: Ken Singleton Talks O's and Yanks (Audio)
http://baltimore.cbs...es-and-yankees/

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,145 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

One of the most important wins of the season, at least for the board's sanity.

If the offense doesn't explode and Tillman pull it together after the first, we were mere minutes away from a post by JTrea insisting that the reason the O's came out flat is because Duquette didn't trade for any additional help. Man, that woulda sucked!

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

O's get the series win, climb to within 5.5 GB of the Yanks, and get to play for a sweep tomorrow afternoon in NY.

#9 LanceRinker

LanceRinker

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

O's get the series win, climb to within 5.5 GB of the Yanks, and get to play for a sweep tomorrow afternoon in NY.

The O's have put themselves in the best position possible with a win tonight. If they can finish the Yanks off and sweep them in the Bronx for the first time since 1986 (heard it on the broadcast) then that's even better. We've all of a sudden put ourselves back into the division race (kind of).

Granted, not making any trades makes us look really foolish not but oh well - there's still the waiver deadline that we could pick up a few pieces at.

We're also now just a game and a half behind Oakland/LAA for a wild card spot. Tigers are a half game behind us at the moment as well. Maybe the Rays could help us out tonight and beat the A's.

#10 _CROUT

_CROUT
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

The O's have put themselves in the best position possible with a win tonight. If they can finish the Yanks off and sweep them in the Bronx for the first time since 1986 (heard it on the broadcast) then that's even better. We've all of a sudden put ourselves back into the division race (kind of).

Granted, not making any trades makes us look really foolish not but oh well - there's still the waiver deadline that we could pick up a few pieces at.

We're also now just a game and a half behind Oakland/LAA for a wild card spot. Tigers are a half game behind us at the moment as well. Maybe the Rays could help us out tonight and beat the A's.

I'm really liking this season, and I am OK with passing on the field this deadline.

Slow and steady is the way this season is going to go for us. We need some quality starts from our starters, and I am feeling really good about our 'pen at this point. Our bats need to show up, and this game vs. the Yanks is proof that we have them.

I am really open to see who clear waivers come 31Aug, and I look forward to some postseason baseball here in Baltimore. I think with the team we have-- we can beat anyone if we come and play each and every day -- we just need the players to believe that! Nick is getting hot, Weiters is slowly, very slowing starting to come in his own, Dino is back and ready to get the bat going again and Davis is showing that he is ready to shine late in the season.

@_CROUT

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." — Vince Lombardi

#11 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yankees are now losers of 9 of their last 12...

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,444 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

O's need to finish the sweep today. Big difference between 4.5 and 6.5. At least mentality wise.

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Reminder about the 1:05 game time today. Agreed with Stoner... Need to finish them off, and will have a chance vs. Hughes who has given up 17 homers at Yankee Stadium so far this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=