#541 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Is it possible that, unlike the rest of us, he has a life?

How dare him????????

But yeah, good point. 

@beginthebegin71

#542 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

Is it possible that, unlike the rest of us, he has a life?

Who needs a life when you have us?

• SammyBirdland likes this
@DJ_McCann

#543 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

I'd like to do a bit of a reintroduction. I've been off the grid for a bit, but I'd really like to get back into more than just occasionally lurking.

I joined BSL at the beginning, which was ironically about 2 weeks after I moved to Florida. I was 24, knew no one in my new city, and this community definitely provided a form of human "connection" that I needed. Sports connection, as well, as no one in North Florida gave a damn about the O's! 

Fast forward a few years, I'm back up north, in Pennsylvania and working in Frederick. Getting married in a few months and building a house, so life hasn't exactly slowed down, but I think it's time to return.

Hoping I'm still a somewhat recognizable "face" to the guys that have been around for awhile and that 2016 is the year for the O's. Glad to be back!

• BSLChrisStoner, SBTarheel, Russ and 4 others like this

@AdamWolff

#544 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

Welcome back man and congrats on getting engaged!
  • Adam Wolff likes this

#545 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

I'd like to do a bit of a reintroduction. I've been off the grid for a bit, but I'd really like to get back into more than just occasionally lurking.

I joined BSL at the beginning, which was ironically about 2 weeks after I moved to Florida. I was 24, knew no one in my new city, and this community definitely provided a form of human "connection" that I needed. Sports connection, as well, as no one in North Florida gave a damn about the O's!

Fast forward a few years, I'm back up north, in Pennsylvania and working in Frederick. Getting married in a few months and building a house, so life hasn't exactly slowed down, but I think it's time to return.

Hoping I'm still a somewhat recognizable "face" to the guys that have been around for awhile and that 2016 is the year for the O's. Glad to be back!

Who the hell are you again?
  • Adam Wolff likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#546 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

Good to "see" my handicapping buddy back in the game. 

• Adam Wolff likes this
@beginthebegin71

#547 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working at Bob Bell Nissan/Kia if anyone is in the market. I'll get you a significant BSL discount as well. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#548 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working at Bob Bell Nissan/Kia if anyone is in the market. I'll get you a significant BSL discount as well. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owned two Nissans (one was an Infiniti). Both had major starter and transmission issues. Never again.

Good luck though.

@bopper33

#549 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

Owned two Nissans (one was an Infiniti). Both had major starter and transmission issues. Never again. Good luck though.
Thanks a lot, Pedro. I'll share my thoughts on lawyers later. :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Mackus likes this

#550 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Owned two Nissans (one was an Infiniti). Both had major starter and transmission issues. Never again.

Good luck though.

Ages ago, I had a Sentra... great little car... you couldn't kill it.... not even you  ;-)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#551 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Have you had the chance to spend time in a K900?   

I've only seen a few words and pictures... but it sounds like they're swinging for the fences.... without the fence-swinging price...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#552 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

Have you had the chance to spend time in a K900?   

I've only seen a few words and pictures... but it sounds like they're swinging for the fences.... without the fence-swinging price...

We don't carry it, unfortunately. Probably wouldn't sell where we are located. I've driven the Cadenza many times and was impressed. The Optima is a good ride as well.

I keep asking them to let me in the GTR. They won't let me yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#553 Guest_cboemmeljr_*

Guest_cboemmeljr_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hi, my name is Chuck.  Born and bred in Highlandtown, my earliest sport memory is listening to the '69 WS in my grandfather's basement and hating Ron Swoboda.  I am a B'More sports fan: O's and Ravens; follow the Caps and Nascar.  Trying to instill my love of baseball in my grandson as my three boys have that love.

I help promote @WOWOrioles on Twitter 

My Twitter handle is @CABoemmeljr, love to talk sports and wouldn't mind if you follow me.

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, SammyBirdland and 2 others like this

#554 b_pinter23

b_pinter23
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGettysburg

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hello all! Obviously, my name is Brian, and I am a HUGE Orioles fan! I love talking with Orioles fans no matter where it is. Born and raised, 23 years in Baltimore, but now living in Gettysburg, PA. No matter where I go, Baltimore will always be home. Happy to see what kind of discussions I can be a part of here!
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, SammyBirdland and 1 other like this

Follow me on Twitter @b_pinter23

#555 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,616 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

How did this happen with a Politics section? Welcome!
  • You Play to Win the Game, Chris B, SammyBirdland and 2 others like this

#556 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

How I found BSL.  I was on the Sun forums looking at deadline deals in 2002?  I saw someone calling out a poster and how little knowledge they had on the game.  In his tag he had a Orioleshangout website attached.  I followed and was in awe of some of the great threads and catch up learning I had to do about the game.  It made you feel that you could really be a scout and look at other teams and find gems. Then the split off happened.  I came over once I saw someone clearly lost their mind.  Exposure is how I found the hangout.  Knowing what happened not exposure is how I found this board.  Not exciting but something to consider.  

• BSLChrisStoner, SBTarheel and You Play to Win the Game like this
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#557 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hello all! Obviously, my name is Brian, and I am a HUGE Orioles fan! I love talking with Orioles fans no matter where it is. Born and raised, 23 years in Baltimore, but now living in Gettysburg, PA. No matter where I go, Baltimore will always be home. Happy to see what kind of discussions I can be a part of here!

What happened to this guy? He came in strong out of the gate, and kind of disappeared. 

@beginthebegin71

#558 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Our original introduction thread, started with the inception of this board in December 2011.

Things change, people change. All of you are more than a SN.

If you'd like, reintroduce yourself to the board, with as much or as little detail as you would like to provide.

(Please avoid the inside jokes etc... while this is partly for our current active members, it is also for inactive members, lurkers, etc.)

You can reach me via email at [email protected]

#559 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

I'm Pedro.

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, Russ and 4 others like this

@bopper33

#560 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

I'm glenn__davis.

I was supposed to just be glenn davis.  And then glenn_davis.  But I botched the log-in process the first few times on OH because I put a personal e-mail account, which for some reason wasn't allowed.  But since I had attempted those names it wouldn't let me use them.  So I ended up being glenn__davis, which I decided to just keep on the transition here.

Real name is Dan.  Married with 3 kids, all of whom are in elementary school this year.  So that will be fun.  Between school, sports and church activities, I don't have time for much else.  Or as my father said once when my wife wanted me to do a home improvement project, "You don't have time to wipe your butt, let alone put wainscoting in the bathroom."

Live in Manchester in Carroll County, just a few miles short of the PA border.  Lived in Carroll County my whole life.  Born and raised in Westminster.  Love it here.

By profession I'm a project manager of a group at an electronics test lab.  Worked there for about 10 years.  Can't say the work really thrills me, but I must admit they've treated me really well thus far and I appreciate that.  College degree is in physics.

Favorite sports team is the Orioles.  Then a long gap to MD football/basketball.  Then, I guess I still sorta follow the Vikings a little bit.

Despite being part of OH/BSL for over 10 years now, I don't think I've ever met anyone here in person.  I'd like to change that, but the aforementioned busy schedule has kept me from attending any of the get-togethers.  I'm fairly certain I say ChaosLex at Ocean City once but didn't realize it until afterwards.

Anyway, that's me.  

• BSLChrisStoner, MKlein76, You Play to Win the Game and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=