#521 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

Where in upstate New York? I spend time every year on Cayuga Lake.

I'm from Hudson, New York, Right across the river from Catskill. My older brother is from Syracuse and I remember him taking me to the Finger lakes when I was a kid, but not much memory to be honest. Lots of amazing country in upstate NY. 

#522 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

I was on the Harpers Ferry 97 to 01. Left right before the crew swap with the Germantown.

You just missed me, I left Sasebo in 1996 and was actually on Fort McHenry not Harpers Ferry. Jim McGovern relieved me. You might know my friend Barry Bakos (who may still have been Germantown OPS at that time) and Steve Hull who both stayed in Sasebo after i left Steve was one of the best officers I ever knew and I think he's still on active duty. Anyways, I haven't thought about this stuff for years now.  PM me if interested.  Maybe we can put some names together, but I generally put the Navy out of my mind the day I retired in 2003. 

#523 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Nah we got thrown together from a random collection of agencies like Lighthouse and Life Saving throughout the years.

Yeah, you guys are alright. My only real interaction was an embarked LEDET in the Gulf and Red Sea early 1990's, 

#524 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:33 AM

Ha that's right. You guys need us to do boardings and such.

@fuzydunlop

#525 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

Ha that's right. You guys need us to do boardings and such.

Yep. Had to have somebody with a badge.

#526 BrandonWarne

BrandonWarne

HOF

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities, Minn.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys. Brandon Warne here. You've maybe seen me on FanGraphs, back in the day on Baseball Prospectus or regionally in a number of places in the Twin Cities.

Nevertheless, I'm here to help out with O's coverage. feel free to reach out
  • BSLChrisStoner and CA-ORIOLE like this

#527 bmking24

bmking24
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

Welcome Brandon, glad to see a Western Maryland Ravens fan. It seems like many there pull for the team from the dark side.
Welcome again!!

Yeah unfortunately people up there mostly are Steelers or Redskins fans! I'd rather deal with a 'skins fan anyday!! Baseball seems to be slightly more divided though so at least that's good!
My father was a die hard Steelers fan growing up but lived around Baltimore since the late 80s....let's just say him and I went to ravens-Steelers opening day, IN PITTSBURGH, the last year three rivers was open, with him in a Woodson jersey! The kicker was it was PURPLE! I was 16 years old and had a Boulware jersey, the ferry attendant joked that they had a dinghy for us behind the ferry because we didn't fit in! All in all....I remember having a great time, if I remember correctly, the Ravens beat "them" pretty handily!! :-)
Heinz field was still under construction at the time.

#528 BSLJasonBHirschhorn

BSLJasonBHirschhorn

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hello, everyone.

Chris asked me to say a few words about myself. In addition to working for BSL as a Ravens analyst, I cover the NFL for Sports on Earth and SB Nation. I'm also a senior writer and editor over at Acme Packing Company. I originally hail from the Midwest, but now live in Los Angeles.

You can find me on Twitter @by_JBH and catch all of my NFL coverage on my official Facebook page.

Hope to hear from you guys during the offseason and into next year!

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy, SammyBirdland and 2 others like this

Jason B. Hirschhorn is the co-founder of The Leap and an award-winning sportswriter with bylines at NFL.com, SB Nation, Sports Illustrated, and other major outlets. He is also a Pro Football Writers of America member. Follow him on Twitter: @by_JBH

#529 MickMcDonald

MickMcDonald
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:12 PM

Hey gang-

Many of you may remember me as Yardbirds13 over at OH many years ago. After being in the DC/Baltimore area my whole life, I moved to Raleigh, NC in January. I decided I needed to start jumping into some conversations since I'm having a little O's withdrawal (and it will only get worse as the season nears). I also love college hoops, so you may see me chatting there as well.

Looking forward to chatting with some familiar names/faces and some new ones as well.

• BSLChrisStoner, SBTarheel, BobPhelan and 4 others like this

#530 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Were you the guy that used to put out those ACC previews over there?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#531 MickMcDonald

MickMcDonald
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

Were you the guy that used to put out those ACC previews over there?

That was me! Those were really fun. Unfortunately, our family trips to the ACC Tournament came to an end (among other reasons) when the Terps left for the Big Ten.

#532 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Welcome "back" man. 

Seth (Beaner)

@beginthebegin71

#533 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

Hey gang-

Many of you may remember me as Yardbirds13 over at OH many years ago. After being in the DC/Baltimore area my whole life, I moved to Raleigh, NC in January. I decided I needed to start jumping into some conversations since I'm having a little O's withdrawal (and it will only get worse as the season nears). I also love college hoops, so you may see me chatting there as well.

Looking forward to chatting with some familiar names/faces and some new ones as well.

Should have known that was you considering you brought up UVA. Good to see you here.

#534 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:34 PM

Hello everyone. Lurked for a while and decided to join so I can join the fun in the game threads. Needed a place to put my random thoughts during games I'm watching alone LOL. I was over at OH a long time ago. Wasn't very active there, in fact it took me a while to remember my handle there; it was BrotherLowe. Take it easy everyone.
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, SammyBirdland and 3 others like this

#535 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:47 PM

UNC fan??
  • Stringer Bell likes this

#536 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

UNC fan??

Good memory. Yes. Not nearly into CBB as much as I was back then though. In fact basically not into it at all. Just not enough time to focus on everything with kids, work, wide, etc. So interest in a few sports has waned considerably over the years.

#537 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:06 AM

Over/under on the number of games until a pitcher is getting shelled, the pitching coach doesn't make a mound visit, and someone in the game thread asks you, "Where's Wallace, String?"
@DJ_McCann

#538 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

Welcome Back, man. 

@beginthebegin71

#539 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

Looks like Mick disappeared quickly again. 

It was good to have him back, if only for a day! 

@beginthebegin71

#540 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

Looks like Mick disappeared quickly again. 

It was good to have him back, if only for a day! 

Is it possible that, unlike the rest of us, he has a life?

• SBTarheel likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=