#61 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

I know Carolina defense is good but damn the Denver offense looks pathetic. And that's saying something after Noodle Manning last year.

I'll take a fully prepared noodle with a brain over this Bronco clown stable..

• NewMarketSean likes this

#62 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:41 PM

I know Carolina defense is good but damn the Denver offense looks pathetic. And that's saying something after Noodle Manning last year.
  I'll take a fully prepared noodle with a brain over this Bronco clown stable..
Yeah. More times than not 7th round draft picks are 7th round draft picks.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#63 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

Well, they look better now. Let's see if they can score here.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#64 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

Should have been another Northwestern TD there. Great agile play by that end. Wow.

#65 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

Should have been another Northwestern TD there. Great agile play by that end. Wow.

Great play, but I think Siemian also needs to know how not to throw right into the guys reach. There can be another angle or step.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:48 PM

Fun game.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#67 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

Oh Gano

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#68 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Haha. Wow. Ice the kicker worked for once.
@BSLMikeRandall

#69 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Fuck

#70 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

Icing the kicker never works, except when it does.

Surprised the Broncos won.

#71 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:15 PM

I just don't find football that entertaining anymore.Fantasy helps and Ill watch the Ravens but there is no real passion

#72 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

I just don't find football that entertaining anymore.Fantasy helps and Ill watch the Ravens but there is no real passion

No passion from you or from the players/teams in this day and age? What's changed for you? (I feel the same way btw, although I gave up fantasy too) And do you mean football as a whole, or just the NFL?

#73 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:42 AM

I think this is my last year doing fantasy. Heart's just not in it anymore.

#74 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

I'm as down on the NFL as most are for a number of reasons. 

For the most part though, that was a fantastic game last night. It was back and forth. Decent pace. Some great plays on both sides. Came down to the wire. Not much else you can ask for. 

Fantasy, I don't need to watch the games for fantasy reasons. Thats what box scores are for. I used to stay up and watch the shittiest Thursday night or Monday night game because a tight end was on my fantasy. That ended a long time ago. 

I will say I cap it at three leagues though. I was only going to do two, but got swayed into another one. I was up to six at one point a while back. Thats when I decided to dial it back. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#75 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

No passion from you or from the players/teams in this day and age? What's changed for you? (I feel the same way btw, although I gave up fantasy too) And do you mean football as a whole, or just the NFL?

Never watched much college so I'm talking all of football. I can't really pinpoint anything as a huge reason for the change. Just growing away from the game as I get older.

#76 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

What's odd is I've been exponentially less into the Ravens and NFL since they won the title. I don't know if it's just eliminated that inferiority complex edge we all have or if t's all the drama since then not just with the Ravens and Ray Rice, but league wide. I'm just sick of the circus. But man those 3 hours every Sunday are great. Still find it as entertaining as sport gets, but I just don't follow it religiously anymore outside of game day.

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

I get much less upset at losses since the Super Bowl.  I like the 5-year rule.  5-year grace period after a title before you can really complain too vociferously about any loss or season or even the general direction of the team.  Before then, complaints and critiques can be valid, but if you get too impassioned about criticizing the organization two or three years after a championship, the person you are arguing with can always win the conversation by miming a jerkoff motion and incredulously saying "didn't we win it all like 2 years ago?".  Also applies to arguments with fans of other teams.  They can have all the fun they want pointing out their current superiority, but if they go too far and you've won a title within the past couple years and they haven't, that's a real easy trump card.

Will note that an exception would be things that aren't exactly related to the sport.  I hammered the team over the way they handled the Rice fiasco, even though that was very much still in the Super Bowl honeymoon period.  I think that conversation ventured well past football-related and into personal accountability and morality, so I think they were fair targets.

• You Play to Win the Game, The Epic and Icterus galbula like this

#78 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

The coverage is over the top but it's easy to ignore.

The negative gets blown up and the positive gets ignored...but that's the same everywhere.

The rules are stupid but it doesn't hurt my viewing experience.

#79 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

What's odd is I've been exponentially less into the Ravens and NFL since they won the title. I don't know if it's just eliminated that inferiority complex edge we all have or if t's all the drama since then not just with the Ravens and Ray Rice, but league wide. I'm just sick of the circus. But man those 3 hours every Sunday are great. Still find it as entertaining as sport gets, but I just don't follow it religiously anymore outside of game day.

This is me in a nutshell. The euphoria of winning the SB, and being there in person, made it hard for me to get up for games since then.

I do hate the Patriots with the passion of a thousand suns so that right there will keep me rooting hard for the Ravens to better them and the loss to NE in 2014 was a top 5 franchise loss, but the team has largely been pretty underwhelming since the SB win which has made it hard to stay intense.

Just need another exciting season to get us back into it. Hopefully this is it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#80 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

I get much less upset at losses since the Super Bowl.  I like the 5-year rule.  5-year grace period after a title before you can really complain too vociferously about any loss or season or even the general direction of the team.  Before then, complaints and critiques can be valid, but if you get too impassioned about criticizing the organization two or three years after a championship, the person you are arguing with can always win the conversation by miming a jerkoff motion and incredulously saying "didn't we win it all like 2 years ago?".  Also applies to arguments with fans of other teams.  They can have all the fun they want pointing out their current superiority, but if they go too far and you've won a title within the past couple years and they haven't, that's a real easy trump card.

Will note that an exception would be things that aren't exactly related to the sport.  I hammered the team over the way they handled the Rice fiasco, even though that was very much still in the Super Bowl honeymoon period.  I think that conversation ventured well past football-related and into personal accountability and morality, so I think they were fair targets.

I’ve been a Five Year Rule guy, definitely. My main Facebook group that I frequent is full of die-hard Atlanta fans, and it’s really difficult to look at the Falcons and not put things into perspective…especially since their team was pretty much on the same arc as the Ravens from 2008 forward, except they never got over the hump.

The 2013 Super Bowl almost felt like a big season finale to a TV show. The food guys finally win in crazy fashion, everybody’s happy, life is good, primary characters make grand exits…and then there’s a very different cast of characters next year. Some familiar faces, but it doesn’t feel the same at all.

Holy crap. The Ravens are like Scrubs, the TV show (as opposed to the scrubs they were in 2015).

Also, the Orioles have played a big role in this as well. For a good while, the Ravens were All We Had, but now that Baltimore has ANOTHER good team that can’t quite get over the hump, and people are going to be more invested in them than the team that’s already done it. It’s our nature.

If the Orioles somehow win it all this year, in 2019 a lot of people will feel the same way about them.

• You Play to Win the Game and Icterus galbula like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=