#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

I'm going to apologize to Ricker. While I feel he has something personal against me for whatever reason(probably Bernie sanders related) and I do feel it was an unwarranted and unprovoked attack on me, I shouldn't have said some of the things I did.

#42 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

I feel you regularly add a lot to threads. I'm glad you came here from OH, because you have strongly articulated intelligent opinions.

Those opinions wouldn't be any better if you had BSL next your SN.

Rob's opinions, my opinions are not any better due to having BSL next to our SN.

Not arguing, just curious:  what's the deal with people having BSLRealName?  

What's the benefit?  The main thing I see is that Sammy Birdland ain't Sammy Birdland anymore  ;-)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

Not arguing, just curious:  what's the deal with people having BSLRealName?  

What's the benefit?  The main thing I see is that Sammy Birdland ain't Sammy Birdland anymore   :wink:

It makes clear they are part of the site.

#44 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

Yet here he is taking shit again.  It gets old.

Poor Rob... he's such a fair and open-minded poster, willing to consider a range of opinion... and a gang of neer-do-wells insist on beating him up and taking his lunch money...

And they do it FOR NO REASON!!!   Blatant injustice   ;-) 

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Poor Rob... he's such a fair and open-minded poster, willing to consider a range of opinion... and a gang of neer-do-wells insist on beating him up and taking his lunch money...

And they do it FOR NO REASON!!!   Blatant injustice   :wink:

No, he's a stubborn guy...  but here he was being called out for not having a definitive opinion, which is obviously never an issue with him.

For the most part, people still have issues with Sports Guy and they like to bring it up repeatedly with Rob Shields.

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

I'm going to apologize to Ricker. While I feel he has something personal against me for whatever reason(probably Bernie sanders related) and I do feel it was an unwarranted and unprovoked attack on me, I shouldn't have said some of the things I did.

No worries, seriously. Heat of the moment. Apologies here as well. Nothing personal against you, this just bugs me a bit, but there have been some fair points made here. I'm letting it go. And why would I be butt hurt towards you because you like inferior politicians? That doesn't even make sense. ;)
  • SportsGuy likes this

#47 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

For the most part, people still have issues with Sports Guy and they like to bring it up repeatedly with Rob Shields.

They're the same person... the diff is that Rob tolerates disagreement better... for a little while... then he starts the same old crap... which is exactly the same...

#48 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

SG. Rob Shields. Doesn't matter. Can still be a huge asshole as a poster.

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

They're the same person... the diff is that Rob tolerates disagreement better... for a little while... then he starts the same old crap... which is exactly the same...

SG. Rob Shields. Doesn't matter. Can still be a huge asshole as a poster.

c49144fff30402292c73288947968186.jpg

#50 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

And I realize I don't really do analysis... That alone means I have no right to criticize someone who does. I accept that notion Chris. For me personally, it's not that I'm incapable of adding more analysis, but sports are more enjoyable for me when I don't. I guess this O's run under Buck has taught me that even statistically guided analysis is a shot in the dark. It's logical and it's based on data, but for 5 years now the O's weren't supposed to compete, yet they have. I just find I'm able to enjoy this team more to not get caught up in all the minutiae. Just my preference.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:11 PM

And I realize I don't really do analysis... That alone means I have no right to criticize someone who does. I accept that notion Chris. For me personally, it's not that I'm incapable of adding more analysis, but sports are more enjoyable for me when I don't. I guess this O's run under Buck has taught me that even statistically guided analysis is a shot in the dark. It's logical and it's based on data, but for 5 years now the O's weren't supposed to compete, yet they have. I just find I'm able to enjoy this team more to not get caught up in all the minutiae. Just my preference.

No, you have the right to critique any of us.  If we put something out in writing, it doesn't make it 'right' because our name is attached. You can disagree, and tell us why we are wrong. No issue there.

My only real point there is I would rather see the people that don't like Rob's opinions, to spend more time spelling out theirs vs the time spent on his.

#52 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

c49144fff30402292c73288947968186.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

#53 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Oh and btw, CA is talking about track record and yet Britton has some shaky outings and he wants to discuss if the league has figured him out.

Guess that's different though? He provided that hard hitting analysis of "maybe players are laying off the sinker now".

And btw, for the record, I have no issue with CA bringing that up...but it's the same thing and Britton was still very successful, whereas Alvarez wasn't.

This is why you're a dishonest ahole Rob. I provided a lot of information and analysis in that thread with respect to Britton (and that was just the game thread). Yes, it involved guys laying of his sinker out of the zone but it is far more complicated and detailed than just that as it involved his mechanics/release point, falling behind in the count and the very fine window he has on one pitch. You responded that this is no different than guys swinging at Randy Johnson's slider out of the zone, to which I responded that it was completely different because Randy Johnson threw a slider and a FB and that those pitches complemented each other in many ways. I also noted that Randy Johnson was able to use both of his pitches across multiple planes while Britton primarily is a one pitch  pitcher relying on one plane. I stated that Britton need to make some adjustments and I thought things might no be so easy for him going forward (which I actually think he did after that game throwing more sliders, pitches up in the zone to get ahead in the count, and in my opinion tailing his 2 seam FB a little more at times). Now you can call that BS, completely disagree with it ..whatever...I don't really care. I've certainly been wrong about shit. 

One thing you can't do is compare it to the ZERO analysis you have supposedly provided here which was none and now is supposedly backtracking to what if Alvarez can't hit RHP as the RH DH as opposed what if he just can't hit I guess. Spot on bullshit if you ask me.  

#54 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

I feel you regularly add a lot to threads. I'm glad you came here from OH, because you have strongly articulated intelligent opinions.

Those opinions wouldn't be any better if you had BSL next your SN.

Rob's opinions, my opinions are not any better due to having BSL next to our SN.

I don't feel like I'm in a difficult position here.

I'm simply giving my opinion.  My opinion was that Rob's opinion that Alvarez was going to be DFA candidate was never likely.  Pedro's track record said he would improve.. but while I disagreed with Rob, his point that if things didn't change... that Pedro didn't provide enough to stay... was not wrong. 

It didn't take balls for Rob to say he was spot on... he's right. If Pedro had continued not to hit vs. RHP over a larger sample size, he would have been a DFA candidate.

I think his thoughts were properly conveyed and articulated clearly. There was no ambiguity, and there was no parsing. It was simply, "This is my opinion, this is something to watch, a larger sample size is needed."

Yet here he is taking shit again.  It gets old.

Yeah, I don't like Rob's responses in this thread. I've edited a couple of his comments already....   but I also get it. He's being ganged up on again.... even though he's the one out there with his name and his opinions. That does bother me.

Thanks, I appreciate you letting me voice my opinion, even if it is personal at times. I try not to take advantage of that aspect, but it is appreciated. I disagree with you on most of this. Unlike Rob, I'm sure we can agree to disagree amicably and move on to better discussions. 

• BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this

#55 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Thanks, I appreciate you letting me voice my opinion, even if it is personal at times. I try not to take advantage of that aspect, but it is appreciated. I disagree with you on most of this. Unlike Rob, I'm sure we can agree to disagree amicably and move on to better discussions. 

This is one of the things that Stoner is absolutely great about...

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#56 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

Starting to hit..better keep it up or he's gone by June.

This is the definition of hot take. 

#57 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

So what's this thread all about?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

So what's this thread all about?

No game tonight, venting.

The need for more some new blood / posters here.

#59 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

No game tonight, venting.

The need for more some new blood / posters here.

You should hand out flyers in front of Oriole Park before a game
  • You Play to Win the Game and DJ MC like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#60 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip