• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#41 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

So my one friend had Romo (with his backup as RG3...yikes) so he obviously needs QB help.

I'm trying to push him onto Stafford since he's my backup to Aaron Rodgers, which means I really only need a backup during Rodger's Week 4 bye.

I'm not too high on my RBs (Hyde, Forte, Ivory, Sims, Michael) but in these leagues, sometimes it's never too many RBs as someone is always looking for them. Would you make a Stafford for Melvin Gordon swap? There's no way he trades Zeke and I don't want Arian Foster, who he also has. If the deal works out, I can always just grab a guy like Matt Ryan as my bench QB or whoever has a solid Week 4 matchup.

Thoughts?

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Absolutely.  If you can get either of those guys you definitely do it for your backup QB.

• Chris B likes this

#43 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

Are Spiller or Christine Michael available? I think they may have more upside.

No. Anyone with any shred of value is gone. Those are pretty much the RB's with the most upside.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#44 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

So my one friend had Romo (with his backup as RG3...yikes) so he obviously needs QB help.

I'm trying to push him onto Stafford since he's my backup to Aaron Rodgers, which means I really only need a backup during Rodger's Week 4 bye.

I'm not too high on my RBs (Hyde, Forte, Ivory, Sims, Michael) but in these leagues, sometimes it's never too many RBs as someone is always looking for them. Would you make a Stafford for Melvin Gordon swap? There's no way he trades Zeke and I don't want Arian Foster, who he also has. If the deal works out, I can always just grab a guy like Matt Ryan as my bench QB or whoever has a solid Week 4 matchup.

Thoughts?

I'm not high on Gordon but if you can get an extra RB for your back up QB, do it.  Maybe you can trade one of Forte or Hyde off for another player, too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#45 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Are Spiller or Christine Michael available? I think they may have more upside.
No. Anyone with any shred of value is gone. Those are pretty much the RB's with the most upside.
Yikes. Then of the three options you said, I guess Hightower because Spiller is injury prone and Hightower had a good year last year. But like you said, options not great.

#46 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

So my one friend had Romo (with his backup as RG3...yikes) so he obviously needs QB help.   I'm trying to push him onto Stafford since he's my backup to Aaron Rodgers, which means I really only need a backup during Rodger's Week 4 bye.   I'm not too high on my RBs (Hyde, Forte, Ivory, Sims, Michael) but in these leagues, sometimes it's never too many RBs as someone is always looking for them. Would you make a Stafford for Melvin Gordon swap? There's no way he trades Zeke and I don't want Arian Foster, who he also has. If the deal works out, I can always just grab a guy like Matt Ryan as my bench QB or whoever has a solid Week 4 matchup. Thoughts?
  I'm not high on Gordon but if you can get an extra RB for your back up QB, do it.  Maybe you can trade one of Forte or Hyde off for another player, too.
Yeah for some insane reason he doesn't think he needs another qb (enjoy last place in a 6pt TD league) but I'm going to keep pushing because I want to hopefully get Gordon to package him or another RB plus a WR for a top-end RB or WR.

#47 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Yeah for some insane reason he doesn't think he needs another qb (enjoy last place in a 6pt TD league) but I'm going to keep pushing because I want to hopefully get Gordon to package him or another RB plus a WR for a top-end RB or WR.

Well he could also pick up Ryan, who I think is as good as Stafford (without CJ). So if I were him I wouldn't panic and make that deal. But if you can do it, do it.

#48 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

Well he could also pick up Ryan, who I think is as good as Stafford (without CJ). So if I were him I wouldn't panic and make that deal. But if you can do it, do it.
Agree with you there, which would be my actual next move to be honest. For some reason, he's convinced RG3 will work fine in the short term. I assume he's working on other deals but I'm not sure what other fantasy backups are better since someone already nabbed Dak.

#49 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

If you can do it, pick up Ryan. Then force his hand to make a deal.

• Mackus and Chris B like this

#50 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

Just gonna drop Graham Gano for now and pick one a kicker next week. Maybe that forces his hand, like you said.

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

Just finished my first draft.  Its a $200 keeper auction league, I was able to keep Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, David Johnson, and Carlos Hyde and had $109 left over to spend in the auction.  Here's my roster:

QB: Philip Rivers ($13), Ryan Tannehill ($1)

RB: David Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Jonathan Stewart ($36), Frank Gore ($16), Chris Johnson ($1), Buck Allen ($1)

WR: Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Keenan Allen ($31)

TE: Coby Fleener ($7), Tyler Eifert ($1)

I thought my strategy was working really well, I had aimed on spending $102 on QB, TE, RB, WR, and two Flex options on my bench, and I got K.Allen, Gore, and Fleener for what I thought were really good prices.  But then Stewart ended up being the last respectable RB left by the time he went, and I went overboard to make sure I got him rather than having to settle for TJ Yeldon or someone.  Then the same thing happened at QB, I was 1 second away from getting Rivers for $4 when someone started bidding him up and made me spend the rest of my budget on him.  Only other borderline QB1 left at the time was Dalton who I like a lot less than Rivers so I decided to just say screw it, secure Rivers if I could, and then fill out my back end with $1 options.  Will need a WR if my studs get hurt and certainly by Week 8 when both ODB and Brown are on bye, but lots of time to adjust my roster before then.

#52 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

How many roster spots do you have to start? You didn't need Stewart with Johnson, Hyde and Gore. Only three WR? You severely overspent for Fleener. He's a huge question mark this preseason.

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:40 AM

2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX

I don't fully trust Johnson or Hyde.  Johnson could be a top 5 RB and Hyde top 15, but I'm concerned that Johnson will only be top 20 and Hyde borderline RB3.  So I wanted to get 2 more bellcow RBs, the best I could.  I got Gore first, I thought he was too good of  a value at $16, had him in the mix with other backs who had already gone for $22-27.  I had Stewart a level above all those guys and got him later.  I fully trust Brown and Beckham, so wasn't as worried about WR depth.  I didn't intent to have it work out 6-to-3, so I'll probably drop one of my $1 RBs (almost certainly Allen) and try to pick up some team's 2nd or 3rd WR for some depth.  There is a guy with Edelman, J. Matthews and Crabtree who also has Shane Vereen in a starting RB spot, so maybe I can shop Gore for Matthews.  Not sure I'd love that deal though.

I think Fleener could be quite good, I had him ranked 5th overall at TE and  everyone above him was kept except Olsen (who went for $26).  I try very hard to never put any stock into preseason results, good or bad, aside from injuries.  NO throws to their tight ends.  Was Graham for years who was a superfreak and challenged Gronk for #1.  Last year was a pedestrian TE in Watson who put up really good fantasy numbers.  As long as Fleener is the #1 TE in NO, I think he'll be an asset.  I grabbed Eifert as a backup (I usually don't take a backup TE) in case that doesn't work out.  About the time I'm willing to give up on a Fleener experiment if it fails, Eifert should be back from his injury and be as good of a replacement as I could hope to find on the waiver wire.

#54 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

Ok the roster spots make more sense. If you start a TE then I can see Fleener going for that much but I dont like what I hear about him so far. I am sure he'll be fine though. I would have still tried to get another WR since there are so many good ones available if you only start 2.

Dude, Johnson is going to be a top 5 back no doubt about it. Don't overanalyze it.

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

I can get Jordan Matthews for Gore, couldn't talk him into Edelman unless I deal Stewart.  I spent $16 on Gore, Matthews went for $14.  I probably need the WR depth more than RB depth because ODB and Brown share a bye.  Though I do have some lingering concerns about my top RBs that I don't have about my WR. 

I also can move Eifert to an IR slot so I can add someone off waivers, both Tyler Boyd and Brandon LaFell are available, WR2 in Cincy should be a solid point scorer.

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Just got Edelman and Davontae Booker for Frank Gore and Buck Allen.

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

Just got Edelman and Davontae Booker for Frank Gore and Buck Allen.

Stop robbing people dude. 

#58 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Draft 2 of 3 this morning. Press Box invitational with other local sports guys, hosted by Ken Zalis.

12 teams, 1 pt PPR, 4 pt passing TD. 8th pick in the draft. No Flex.

QB - Drew Brees (5)

RB - C.J. Anderson (3), DeAngelo Williams (6)

WR - Keenan Allen (2), Doug Baldwin (4), Willie Snead (8)

TE - Rob Gronkowski (1)

DEF - New England (14)

K - Brandon McManus (15)

BN RB - Matt Jones (7), Terrance West (10), Buck Allen (12), James Starks (13)

BN WR - Will Fuller (9), Markus Wheaton (11)

I liked my first two picks as I don't mind taking Gronk early. It's like having a WR instead of a craps shoot TE. Allen will get targets galore. But WRs went fast and early. Love having plug and play receivers and only playing the matchup game with RBs. But as you can see with Snead in the 8th, that wasn't the case. Hindsight, maybe I could have taken Hopkins, Green, or Marshall instead of Gronk. But then looking at Kelce, Fleener later on. But then maybe I miss out on Brees, Williams, Jones maybe. 

Anderson I'm not big on, would have gone with another WR here, but the WRs were not good here this early, IMO (Maclin, Landry, Cobb). Eyed Baldwin, hoped he would fall another round to four and he did.

Brees was the last elite QB left, and there was not much there at WR or RB in this round either. (Langford, Edelman, Jennings, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Stewart).

Williams I'm trying to get in all leagues because of the opportunity factor, can trade him to the Bell owner later maybe. Made sure to load up on RBs otherwise since I don't care for Anderson and Williams giving way to Bell. Figure the picture on West and Allen will play itself out by week three and we'll know who the clear #1 is. Can plug that guy into Williams spot. Jones should be the starter in Washington. Starks gets play in PPR formats, especially if Lacy keeps getting fatter.

With the exception of Snead, it was mostly BPA at the top of the draft. I reached on some of my bench guys. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#59 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

Last draft. 10 teams, 10th pick, .5 pt PPR, 6 pt. passing TD

QB - Russell Wilson (4)

RB - DeAngelo Williams (9)

WR - Brandon Marshall (1), Mike Evans (2)

TE - Travis Kelce (5)

Flex - T.Y. Hilton (3), Larry Fitzgerald (7)

DEF - Houston (13)

K - Brandon McManus (14)

BN RB - Jeremy Langford (6), Danny Woodhead (8), Charles Sims (11)

BN WR - Stefon Diggs (10), Steve Smith Sr. (12)

BN TE - Virgil Green (15)

10 teams means everyones pretty much stacked. Didn't put as much emphasis on RB since they decided to drop 1 RB and make it a 2nd Flex. Stupid, but whatever. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

I'm personally not as high on Evans and Hilton as a lot of people are, but I don't have a strong reason as to why.  Both could be monsters in their offenses.  You've got a lot of receiver talent on that squad, Mike, and since you only have to start one RB I think you'll be fine with Langford and Woodhead after riding a hot start from DeAngelo, and like you said, trade him to the Bell owner in your league come week 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=