• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#401 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Would anyone add Allen Robinson at this point? Someone dropped him and I have $16 left in my FAAB. His struggles this season have been obvious and they have a difficult schedule. But he's worth a flier by dropping someone like Deangelo Williams (added purely as a cuff, I don't have bell) or Taylor Gabriel?

#402 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Dion Lewis, Taylor Gabriel or add someone like anquan boldin (9 targets each last 4 games) with Marvin Jones out?

#403 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Down 18 with Moncrief and Forte left to play. 

Cautiously optimistic.

#404 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

Won in my money keeper league to clinch the #1 seed.  Will be 100 points clear of the 2nd highest score.  Had the high score 5 of 13 weeks which has already won me $25.

In my office league I'm up 8.5 with Moncrief and my opponent has Hilton.  If I win, I'll clinch 2nd place and a bye, otherwise I'll be 3rd and have to play in the first round of the playoffs.

BSL league still some doubt about this week's matchup but unless Stoner loses points tonight I'll have the #1 seed locked up.  Need to get back on top after my string of championships ended last season!

#405 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

StartEd the playoffs yesterday. Weeks 13 and 14 are semis. 15 and 16 are the Finals. Have jumped out to a 118-76 lead this week. Cautiously optimistic I can hold the 42 point cushion next week.

#406 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

Playoffs are starting and this shouldn't be an issue. But Russ Wilson has been blowing and I don't want to take any chances.

Russ Wilson @ GB
Tyrod Taylor vs. PIT
Andy Dalton @ CLE

All 3 I'm gonna have to look at the weather report.

Joe Flacco is sitting out there on waivers... as he should be...but...getting better...could be throwing a ton in NE...
@BSLMikeRandall

#407 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

Dalton.  Matchup is too juicy.  Cleveland has only held 2 QBs under 20 points all year, only 3 total under 23.  One

If you're worried about Dalton without Green, which is reasonable, Wilson is also solid play.  Green Bay has given up lots to QBs, though that's mostly through the air.  They've done a good job limiting the few running QBs they've gone up against from hurting them on the ground, so you'd just be betting on Russel's arm.

Definitely not Taylor.

• Mike in STL likes this

#408 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

Ugh.

Squeaked into the playoffs as the #6 seed. Decided to shake up things because my roster was sucking hard.

I ran with this roster:

Matt Ryan

Zeke

Ryan Mathews

D. Thomas

DeSean Jackson (who was a plug and play)

Taylor Gabriel (who replaced Cooks who's sucked lately. Also I wanted to go for the HR double dip.)

Hopkins (dropped Sturgis to make this move, and lost 8 points doing so, which could cost me the game)

Falcons DST 

I scored 99 points which is a good showing, but I am playing a guy who had Bell. I am up 15 points and he still has Hogan and Tucker going tonight.

I don't like my chances but at least I had a good showing.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#409 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Scored the second most points in my league yesterday, and got eliminated by the one guy that scored more.

Fuck.

Also, in my NBA league, I scored the second most points last week and lost to the guy that scored the most.

Fuck.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#410 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

Roethlisberger or Carr. Is Carr actually healthy

#411 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

Roethlisberger is annually a dud in fantasy playoffs.

He screwed me last year and he had a pretty crap game yesterday, too.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#412 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

If I would have won last week despite being the second highest scorer in our league I would have trounced whoever I played this week and gone to the championship.

Ugh.

#413 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

Two week playoff championship wraps up this weekend. I currently hold a 6 point lead. Tough call between Ben and Carr again this week. Have a feeling Ben will have a big game but Carr could too against Indianapolis. 

Also:

Montgomery vs the Vikings or Edelman vs the Jets??

#414 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

I think I would do Carr and Montgomery
  • bnickle likes this

#415 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

I'm in my championship, but the other guy has the Patriots D putting up ridiculous numbers against the Jets. There are enough guys that still need to play, but not looking good early. That would be a pretty damn irritating way to go.

#416 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

I'm in my championship, but the other guy has the Patriots D putting up ridiculous numbers against the Jets. There are enough guys that still need to play, but not looking good early. That would be a pretty damn irritating way to go.

Recommend using IDPs

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#417 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Bills with an end zone int...some signs of life.

#418 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

Recommend using IDPs

I did it years ago, but this league is pretty stuck in its ways and I don't foresee that changing.

#419 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

The way team defense is scored is easily the most frustrating thing about fantasy, to me.  The scoring should be based on non-turnover related points, and yardage allowed.  That's really the only way to gauge how effective the defense is.  The rest of it is completely random and doesn't accurately reflect the defense.  I've seen teams give up 10 points but get 1 sack and that amounts to like 6 points.  Some teams have given up 30 points but get a few sacks, a couple INTs and boom their score is like 10 points.  It makes no sense.

@fuzydunlop

#420 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

Going against Rodgers and the Pats D. I have most of my guys going late and tomorrow but I'm already feeling beat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=