135 replies to this topic

#41 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

Yup. I totally agree. The ECF was their best shot to land him. Or at least a 6-game series with Cleveland along the way. 

Let's be serious, he was never coming here to play with Wittman though. I would have been fine with them going to Brooks (or any other coach they thought was best) before the season even started. Even if they did think Wittman could take them to the ECF. 

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

Why would Durant even consider meeting with them? Because he's from the DC area?

Terrible organization with an awful GM and he is being courted by the best organizations in the sport.
  • B00E00N00 likes this

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

Why would Durant even consider meeting with them? Because he's from the DC area?

Terrible organization with an awful GM and he is being courted by the best organizations in the sport.

If being back in DC was a priority, shouldn't matter that much they haven't been good...  if you were him, he could think that him with the backcourt would be enough to regularly contend in the East.  Head Coach he knows and is supposed to like.

Maybe he doesn't think they are good enough though, or maybe he just doesn't have interest in be back 'home.'

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

If being back in DC was a priority, shouldn't matter that much they haven't been good... if you were him, he could think that him with the backcourt would be enough to regularly contend in the East. Head Coach he knows and is supposed to like.

Maybe he doesn't think they are good enough though, or maybe he just doesn't have interest in be back 'home.'

Being home would be the only thing. Otherwise, if you want to be in the east, you go to Miami.

#45 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

The Wiz were on a really nice track coming into this previous year. They played faster in the '15 playoffs and went 6 games in the 2nd round. 

If Wall and Beal would have continued to progress, and the Wiz made another run, he could be an option here considering their cap space, new coach, etc. But they took too much of a step back for him to consider them now. 

@PeterDiLutis

#46 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

Relax, the Wiz haven't made the "wow offer" yet. 

• Adam Wolff, You Play to Win the Game, JordanKough and 2 others like this
@beginthebegin71

#47 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Being home would be the only thing. Otherwise, if you want to be in the east, you go to Miami.

I thought Boston would be the ideal East target for them, but one thing I'll say about Boston, as much as I agree with their strategy and I think they did an excellent job of stockpiling assets (mostly picks) while rebuilding and clearing cap and only missing the playoffs one year during that stretch, I think they have completely whiffled on their draft picks.

They took Olenyk high, last year got the guard from Louisville who's name is escaping me. Marcus Smart is a nice but not a game changing player. This year they reached for Brown and didn't take much else of note. They should be in a much better position considering where they drafted.

Compare that to the Lakers who didn't really do anything special in the draft, and they have a 4 man young core of Clarkson, Randle, Russell, and Ingram, (also Larry Nance) while also having more cap space than Boston.

@PeterDiLutis

#48 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

He's going to GS.

#49 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Relax, the Wiz haven't made the "wow offer" yet. 

I mean I still can't believe that shit show. What a disaster. Remember being so mad at myself for going along on the ride. I honestly haven't closely followed the offseason since.

#50 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

I mean I still can't believe that shit show. What a disaster. Remember being so mad at myself for going along on the ride. I honestly haven't closely followed the offseason since.

Bad times. 

But "wow offer" will always be funny, so there's that. 

@beginthebegin71

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

I thought Boston would be the ideal East target for them, but one thing I'll say about Boston, as much as I agree with their strategy and I think they did an excellent job of stockpiling assets (mostly picks) while rebuilding and clearing cap and only missing the playoffs one year during that stretch, I think they have completely whiffled on their draft picks.

They took Olenyk high, last year got the guard from Louisville who's name is escaping me. Marcus Smart is a nice but not a game changing player. This year they reached for Brown and didn't take much else of note. They should be in a much better position considering where they drafted.

Compare that to the Lakers who didn't really do anything special in the draft, and they have a 4 man young core of Clarkson, Randle, Russell, and Ingram, (also Larry Nance) while also having more cap space than Boston.

They have had assets in shit drafts.

#52 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

The Wizards were never going to be in the running.

#53 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

I wonder if they thought hiring Brooks would make a difference?

I mean, why else would you hire him?

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

I wonder if they thought hiring Brooks would make a difference?
It probably did... But not in the way they thought. Grunfeld going to Grunfeld. Teddy Leonsis needs to wake up and smell the coffee and clean house.

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

It probably did... But not in the way they thought. Grunfeld going to Grunfeld. Teddy Leonsis needs to wake up and smell the coffee and clean house.

It is amazing he still has a job.

#56 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:43 AM

It is amazing he still has a job.

Grunfeld has had the job for wait for it...... 13 Years!  His record as GM is wait for it..... 444-606!  

Might I also add that is in a crappy Eastern Conference.

YIKES!

#57 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Btw there is a chess opening called the Grunfeld Defense.  Ernie unfortunately has no defense.  Please a new GM!!!  

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:33 AM

Apparently, the Clippers really impressed Durant

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Everyone is saying it's down to OKC and Golden State with the decision to come today.

I don't see the point of staying in OKC, unless he knows Westbrook will be staying in OKC long-term.

He can go to Golden State and know the core he will be surrounded by for years.

#60 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

Everyone is saying it's down to OKC and Golden State with the decision to come today.

I don't see the point of staying in OKC, unless he knows Westbrook will be staying in OKC long-term.

He can go to Golden State and know the core he will be surrounded by for years.

The point would be that he can stay one more year and end up with a lot more money, still have a good shot at the title next year, have the chance at reassessing next summer, and avoid a lot of the criticism Lebron got when he went to Miami. And perhaps he has some loyalty to that franchise and fanbase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=