1 reply to this topic

#1 Why Not?

Why Not?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationCharles Town, W.Va.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

I have several: Jones, Wieters, Matusz, Bergesen and Jason Berken. I am particularly proud of the Berken, because somebody sees you wearing THAT crap, they know you are a true fan.

That said, my Berken was easily trumped on Sunday at OPCY by someone sporting a white Ryan Freel shersey. Seriously, Freel played nine games for the Orioles. Why was that shirt made? Why does that guy have it? My head hurts.

Could there possibly be a more obscure Orioles shersey out there? If so, I want photographic proof.
  • SammyBirdland likes this

#2 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I wouldn't mind having a Farney shersey.

Freel gained some notoriety in August of 2006 when The Dayton Daily News reported that Freel talks to an imaginary voice in his head named Farney.[3] Said Freel: "He's a little guy who lives in my head who talks to me and I talk to him. That little midget in my head said, 'That was a great catch, Ryan,' I said, 'Hey, Farney, I don't know if that was you who really caught that ball, but that was pretty good if it was.' Everybody thinks I talk to myself, so I tell 'em I'm talking to Farney."[4] Freel later said that Farney's name arose from a conversation with Reds trainer Mark Mann: "He actually made a comment like, 'How are the voices in your head?' We'd play around and finally this year he said, 'What's the guy's name?' I said, 'Let's call him Farney.' So now everybody's like, 'Run, Farney, run' or 'Let Farney hit today. You're not hitting very well.'"[5]

http://en.wikipedia....an_Freel#Farney
  • Why Not? likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=