Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

Wright vs. Buchholz

#2 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

Forecast has rain early but should be clear by game time. I hate to say it, but I'd love to get a rainout and skip Wright's start again.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,227 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

MASN: Wright ready for delayed debut (plus leftovers for breakfast)
http://www.masnsport...-breakfast.html

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,227 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

If Jones can play today, what's your lineup?

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:59 PM

Manny 

AJ

CD

Trumbo

Alvarez

Wieters

Schoop

Hardy

Rickard

Tempted to play Kim, because I think Buchholz is a good matchup for him, but Rickard is playing real well and I like having the thumpers play in Fenway so Trumbo and Alvarez need to be there.

Thinking Alvarez does damage tonight.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#6 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

As long as Kim is playing left bench we're good.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,227 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

Scrooge.jpg

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

I am not there yet.   I am tired of the Orioles playing with a 23 or 24 man team.  Give  him some AB's, and if he does poorly good bye.

@mikeghg

#9 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

Rickard

• fishteacher, JordanKough and tennOsfan like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

Honestly, that's what is bothering me. Can't disagree more. I keep seeing people saying to give him ABS. No, you keep the AA talent glued to the bench. You're objective is to play your best players. If it were up to some people, he would have been getting regular ABs since OD instead of Rickard and would continue to get them for the next month at minimum. You don't experiment and try to find some miracle from a guy who is not a ML caliber player. The only reason people want to give this guy any chance at all is because he was given 7 mil. Realize the scout we have over there made a huge mistake and be done with this. We really need to find another OF. Preferably not a AAA/AAAA guy like Avery or Alvarez but at least they would provide something. I'd love to send Avery into the OF in the 8th to cover for Trumbo. Or pinch run for Wieters in the 8th of a tie game.

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,878 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

I'm ok with playing Kim on occasion, but not while Rickard is so hot.  Nolan is hitting really well to start, too.

If one or both of them were struggling, then I'd be more ok with experimenting with Kim to see if he can shake himself into producing like you thought he could when you signed him.  But with all of the other OF options going strong right now, I wouldn't give him more than one start a week and I'd try to cherry-pick it to be against a softer-tossing righty.

#12 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Rickard, Machado, Davis, Trumbo, Wieters, ALvarez, Hardy, Schoop, Flaherty (LF, Great numbers off Buchholz)

@beginthebegin71

#13 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

You spelled Buttholes wrong dude
  • SBTarheel, SammyBirdland, fishteacher and 1 other like this

@fuzydunlop

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

I'm ok with playing Kim on occasion, but not while Rickard is so hot. Nolan is hitting really well to start, too.

If one or both of them were struggling, then I'd be more ok with experimenting with Kim to see if he can shake himself into producing like you thought he could when you signed him. But with all of the other OF options going strong right now, I wouldn't give him more than one start a week and I'd try to cherry-pick it to be against a softer-tossing righty.

In the meantime we'll just keep running Nolan out as our late inning defensive replacement for Trumbo and have him pinch run for Wieters or Alvarez late too. The 13th position player needs to have some asset. Some skill. It can't be a slow, fat guy who can't play defense or get the ball out of the Inf with the bat. Could he even put down a sac bunt if called upon?

#15 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

How about Left Behind?

#16 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Honestly, that's what is bothering me. Can't disagree more. I keep seeing people saying to give him ABS. No, you keep the AA talent glued to the bench. You're objective is to play your best players. If it were up to some people, he would have been getting regular ABs since OD instead of Rickard and would continue to get them for the next month at minimum. You don't experiment and try to find some miracle from a guy who is not a ML caliber player. The only reason people want to give this guy any chance at all is because he was given 7 mil. Realize the scout we have over there made a huge mistake and be done with this. We really need to find another OF. Preferably not a AAA/AAAA guy like Avery or Alvarez but at least they would provide something. I'd love to send Avery into the OF in the 8th to cover for Trumbo. Or pinch run for Wieters in the 8th of a tie game.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#17 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

In the meantime we'll just keep running Nolan out as our late inning defensive replacement for Trumbo and have him pinch run for Wieters or Alvarez late too. The 13th position player needs to have some asset. Some skill. It can't be a slow, fat guy who can't play defense or get the ball out of the Inf with the bat. Could he even put down a sac bunt if called upon?

Haha check it out, Chicken Nickel.  

9550f192744f5b754b302e0e4d5b278d.jpg

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

@fuzydunlop

#18 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,315 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Well Jones is not in the lineup again tonight. If they end up putting him on the DL then last night was a big mistake. I actually thought he would play today given that they put him in last night and threw away the chance to make a DL move retroactive to last week. Weird but then I am just a message board poster. What do I know.....lol

#19 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Well Jones is not in the lineup again tonight. If they end up putting him on the DL then last night was a big mistake. I actually thought he would play today given that they put him in last night and threw away the chance to make a DL move retroactive to last week. Weird but then I am just a message board poster. What do I know.....lol

Buck said that back-dating it doesn't matter... because if he goes on the DL for something like this, it'll be for a couple weeks anyway...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

I thought that was odd too. They don't want him to swing, but what if he had to dive in the outfield? Land on his ribs or oblique, whatever they say it is.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=