474 replies to this topic

#461 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

Could you imagine this thread if the O's were the Padres today? Trailing LA 15-0 On opening day. Ouch.
@BSLMikeRandall

#462 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

Could you imagine this thread if the O's were the Padres today? Trailing LA 15-0 On opening day. Ouch.

Just saw that. In San Diego, too. 

The silver lining for their fans is they live in San Diego. I don't feel sorry for them.

#463 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

Just saw that. In San Diego, too. 

The silver lining for their fans is they live in San Diego. I don't feel sorry for them.

You ever see stand up comic John Caparulo? Funny as hell and gets no play. He does a bit about being from Cleveland and having the longest drought for a pro sports championship. Then a guy from SD reminds him that SD is actually the longest drought. He's all "fuck San Diego. You lose, you go to beach. I live in Cleveland with icicles on my balls."

He is hysterical.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Icterus galbula and tennOsfan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#464 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

From a panel standpoint, it's all right, but the black thread through the white panel is just blegh.

That was the hat-maker's mistake the 1st year of these hats... they said they'd wait until the following season to fix it... but they never did...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#465 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

That was the hat-maker's mistake the 1st year of these hats... they said they'd wait until the following season to fix it... but they never did...

Yeah, I remember. Twits.

#466 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, we might have had a nickle appearance.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#467 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

I'm sure the money didn't hurt, but-

"@CrushD19: Thank you Birdland for reaffirming all the reasons I decided to come back. That was fun... Love y'all"

#468 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,673 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

"@CrushD19: Thank you Birdland for reaffirming all the reasons I decided to come back. That was fun... Love y'all"

Chris Davis gets it.  One of the good guys.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#469 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:46 AM

Just taking a little time to be thoughtful and nice can help a good thing stay good and maybe help it get even better...  

I assume he'll be giving away lots of time and money... I wonder how he'll choose to go about doing those things....

• Mike in STL likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#470 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:54 AM

I was up date watching the game taped. I'll tell you right now, I like what I see out of Rickard. I love hitters who employ a Wee Willie Keeler style at the plate.

Hit 'em where they ain't!

• Mike in STL likes this

#471 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:57 AM

Fun game.

Sucks for the fans that there were two long delays but it made the game feel like one of those weird 17 inning games or something.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#472 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

I still don't know how the balls Davis and Jones hit didn't get out, cold and wind only reasons they stayed in, both were hit really well.  Manny also murdered the ball his first at bat.  Twins barely hit anything that moved our OF back.

Awesome finish.

Wonder if they will start Tillman on Friday now?  Was only two innings, but he looked phenomenal.  Thought all the relievers looked good, even Givens who got touched up for the two runs.

#473 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

Do they still post the radio highlights anywhere?  I can't find them.  Wanted to hear Joe Angel's win column call

@fuzydunlop

#474 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

Do they still post the radio highlights anywhere?  I can't find them.  Wanted to hear Joe Angel's win column call

http://m.orioles.mlb...ers-walkoff-hit

Radio call after the TV call. 

• McNulty likes this

#475 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

Its one game, but I like how we produced the winning run there. Obvious Jensen was pitching around Davis. Single by Trumbo. Davis goes 1st to 3rd. Single by Wieters for the win. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=