169 replies to this topic

#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Reckless endangerment sounds like the right way to describe that.  Lucky nobody actually got hurt.  Stupid, mean, and potentially dangerous, but not unforgivable.

Haven't done anything exactly like this, but younger me certainly did some mean-spirited, selfish things for my own amusement that I now regret.  Hope these guys learn as well and act less like douches moving forward.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, real stupid, but probably not got to go to another school bad.

@mikeghg

#83 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

My God what a stupid thing to do. So glad no one was injured. I'd leave them both off the team for the remainder of the season, including a bowl if they make it, let them earn back trust and show maturity during the offseason, and reinstate them next season if that goes well.

#84 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

Yeah I think remainder of the season would be a reasonable punishment.

#85 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:22 AM

Reckless endangerment sounds like the right way to describe that.  Lucky nobody actually got hurt.  Stupid, mean, and potentially dangerous, but not unforgivable.

Before everybody became scared of everything, plinking somebody in the butt with a BB gun was just a case of a knucklehead being stupid... whatever UMD building has the most outdoor marble/granite steps, make 'em scrub them all using Comet and a toothbrush, and be business-like about it... if they start clowning around, make 'em start over...

And, yeah, make 'em sit too...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#86 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

Before everybody became scared of everything, plinking somebody in the butt with a BB gun was just a case of a knucklehead being stupid... 

It's been quite a while, but I can certainly understand why someone hiding and randomly firing a gun at people would cause a lot of angst for people in the DC area.

• DJ MC likes this

#87 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

It's been quite a while, but I can certainly understand why someone hiding and randomly firing a gun at people would cause a lot of angst for people in the DC area.

You're right... he might shoot their eye out...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#88 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

You're right... he might shoot their eye out...

Hey now, that's no joke. You ever have to tell your parents you broke a set of eyeglasses?

#89 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

I totally disagree.  They should be kicked off the team immediately.  You can't shoot rando people with a bb gun. 

• Mike in STL likes this

@fuzydunlop

#90 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

I totally disagree.  They should be kicked off the team immediately.  You can't shoot rando people with a bb gun. 

Given the level of stupidity and disregard for other's safety, I wouldn't be upset if the university/program went that far. But I'm more inclined to give them a shot at redemption. But they would definitely be on a very short leash from now on.

#91 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

Testudo Times: DT David Shaw transferring from Maryland football to Montana

@BSLZackKiesel

#92 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

InsideMDSports: Several Players Leaving Maryland Football Program

7 players total, including Mike Minter who I had projected to be the team's starting LG in 2017.

@BSLZackKiesel

#93 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

7 players total, including Mike Minter who I had projected to be the team's starting LG in 2017.

The LB's aren't that surprising, but a bit surprising to see all of them....  Donahue was the name that jumped out to me. Know he had his supporters.

#94 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

I've updated my projected three-deep depth chart to reflect these departures: http://baltimorespor...17-depth-chart/

@BSLZackKiesel

#95 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

I've updated my projected three-deep depth chart to reflect these departures: http://baltimorespor...17-depth-chart/

Love the names of the starting O-line. Now hope the pass blocking improves.

#96 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

Washington Post: Maryland football to hire Kentucky assistant Jimmy Brumbaugh as defensive line coach

Fills the role vacated by Mike London. He has ties to Andy Buh, and the two will serve as co-defensive coordinators this season.

@BSLZackKiesel

#97 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

Another interesting development that I just noticed: Andrew Isaacs is no longer listed as a TE, but has moved to the defensive line. I can't find anywhere that says he played there in high school. I suppose he'd fit in as a strong-side defensive end.

@BSLZackKiesel

#98 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

Testudo Times: Kasim Hill could be Maryland's answer at QB, but starting as a true freshman isn't easy

This pretty much sums it up. Until we start to see Henderson in spring practice, it's going to be really tough to project this race.

@BSLZackKiesel

#99 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Severna Park Voice: Athlete Spotlight: Q&A With Maryland Football's Mike Minter

Some insight here on Minter. He has a year of eligibility left, but due to some injury history among other things, he won't play this season. Good read on a former walk-on. He got better and better as last season went along (presumably as he got healthier after the 2015 injury), and as he mentions had 7 knockdown blocks in the Michigan State game. Edsall had success with walk-on linemen, first Michael Dunn (who turned into one of the Big Ten's better OTs) and Minter.

@BSLZackKiesel

#100 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

C4v_NjqVcAAA-vC.jpg

Maryland announces their spring practice schedule, beginning on March 12th and culminating with the Spring Game on April 22nd.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=