• Mike in STL likes this

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

This will be the first game we get rolled.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

This will be the first game we get rolled.

I was going to say the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm going to say 44-23. The game will be over by the half but Flacco and Co. will put together a few second half garbage scores.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

Palmer may throw for 500.

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

Palmer may throw for 500.

My draft kings team consists of Palmer, Fitzgerald and John Brown. I expect 20+ points from each.

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

Lol.

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

How pissed will some of you be if they win this game?
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

Zero for me. I'm not a "tank for draft pick" guy until maybe the last couple weeks if you're truly bad and in the mix for a top pick to get yourself a QB.

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

Zero for me. I'm not a "tank for draft pick" guy until maybe the last couple weeks if you're truly bad and in the mix for a top pick to get yourself a QB.

Out of curiosity, why not? Nothing wrong with it really, just a different view. Me personally, I don't see the point in winning 6 or 7 games when you could play your you guys, see who can handle the NFL talent level, and get a top prospect that could potentially be the next conerstone for your franchise for the next decade.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:40 AM

How pissed will some of you be if they win this game?

I won't be, but it will piss me off to win the one game I expect to lose when we just lost 4 or even 5 games that I expected to win.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

Out of curiosity, why not? Nothing wrong with it really, just a different view. Me personally, I don't see the point in winning 6 or 7 games when you could play your you guys, see who can handle the NFL talent level, and get a top prospect that could potentially be the next conerstone for your franchise for the next decade.

I don't think throwing a bunch of young guys out there who aren't ready helps them develop, you can probably get some benefit from having a young guy or two in spots fitting in with the rest of the guys, but a team full of "hungry" guys doesn't help anybody long term.  If it did, the Jaguars and Raiders would be sleeping juggernauts full of guys who aren't talented but gained tons of experience playing together on terrible teams when they were rookies.  If you've got young guys that can benefit from playing time, they are probably already playing.

I don't think there really is a major difference in draft picks that you can get with a 5-11 record opposed to a 7-9 record.  If you are in week 15 and sitting at 3-10 with a few other teams that bad and you're competing for the top pick it makes some sense.  But 1-5 with so many more games to go means we could see good things this season that probably help long term planning more than the difference between having the 7th or 11th draft pick.

And in many situations I don't think teams are really out of it.  The Ravens current situation certainly they have no hope of a playoff spot, so I'm not arguing that we may be able to run the table and sneak in or something like that.  But you often hear fans start saying their team should tank for a draft pick when they are only a game or two out of a playoff spot with over half a season left to go.  We've seen it here in recent seasons when the Ravens are around .500 after week 12 or 14, some idiotic fans start saying it'd be better to lose out and get a better pick.  That's just stupid.

• Biggsy likes this

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

I don't think throwing a bunch of young guys out there who aren't ready helps them develop, you can probably get some benefit from having a young guy or two in spots fitting in with the rest of the guys, but a team full of "hungry" guys doesn't help anybody long term. If it did, the Jaguars and Raiders would be sleeping juggernauts full of guys who aren't talented but gained tons of experience playing together on terrible teams when they were rookies. If you've got young guys that can benefit from playing time, they are probably already playing.

I don't think there really is a major difference in draft picks that you can get with a 5-11 record opposed to a 7-9 record. If you are in week 15 and sitting at 3-10 with a few other teams that bad and you're competing for the top pick it makes some sense. But 1-5 with so many more games to go means we could see good things this season that probably help long term planning more than the difference between having the 7th or 11th draft pick.

And in many situations I don't think teams are really out of it. The Ravens current situation certainly they have no hope of a playoff spot, so I'm not arguing that we may be able to run the table and sneak in or something like that. But you often hear fans start saying their team should tank for a draft pick when they are only a game or two out of a playoff spot with over half a season left to go. We've seen it here in recent seasons when the Ravens are around .500 after week 12 or 14, some idiotic fans start saying it'd be better to lose out and get a better pick. That's just stupid.

I agree with all of that really. I'm not advocating throwing every young guy on our roster in a starting spot. But I am saying we should throw guys like Urschel, Buck Allen, darren Waller, Maxx Williams, Arthur Brown, Zadar is Smith and Terrence Brooks out there and see what they have to offer.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

I agree with all of that really. I'm not advocating throwing every young guy on our roster in a starting spot. But I am saying we should throw guys like Urschel, Buck Allen, darren Waller, Maxx Williams, Arthur Brown, Zadar is Smith and Terrence Brooks out there and see what they have to offer.

All of those guys are playing already except for Brown and Waller.

#14 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

On the Deadspin Jambaroo it's now the Sunday afternoon movie for Ravens' fans instead of Raiders' fans.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

Still have to play this game...  pretty much the only scenario I see for the Ravens staying close is Arizona coughing the ball up numerous times.

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

Still have to play this game...  pretty much the only scenario I see for the Ravens staying close is Arizona coughing the ball up numerous times.

We have to take the lead as the clock expires. That's the only way we can win.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

All of those guys are playing already except for Brown and Waller.

I'm talking expanded roles. Not 15 snaps a game.

#18 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

I can see it now -- we are up 3, 90 seconds to go.  Hold them to a FG, right?  AZ scores a TD in a minute.  Joe throws game ending pick.  Nickle takes his pants off.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

The Ravens should get blasted pretty good in Arizona against a likely ticked off Cards team. In my head I've thrown in the towel on this 2015 season, and I've been thinking about just watching the growth of the younger players, and looking towards the draft.

However, if Baltimore pulled the upset Monday... they would be 2-5, with San Diego at home prior to the bye.

The Chargers could easily leave M&T with a win, but coming East for a 1PM start can be difficult. Ravens traditionally strong at home. Let's say the Ravens found a way (likely numerous Cards turnovers) to win Monday, and finished out their first half by beating San Diego at home.

At that point they are 3-5, with an extra week to prepare for the Jaguars. I'd like their chances to improve to 4-5.

They would then have a 3 game stretch of St. Louis, @ Cleveland, and @ Miami.   I've said several times this year that I like the Rams talent. Got a nice DL, and now a running game. Some speed...  but if Baltimore has won 3 in a row going into that game, I'd like the Ravens at home.

A split in the games at the Browns, and Dolphins, and the Ravens would be 6-6 with 4 left. Where they would need to win 3 of 4 (Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh, @Bengals) to have any chance at the last WC.

My guess is Harbaugh has been selling the locker-room on showing up on National TV Monday night, and still trying to convince guys that there was still an opportunity to salvage the season. I'm interested in seeing if the Ravens show up Monday and play with some pride, or if they are just run over immediately from the kickoff.

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

The Ravens should get blasted pretty good in Arizona against a likely ticked off Cards team. In my head I've thrown in the towel on this 2015 season, and I've been thinking about just watching the growth of the younger players, and looking towards the draft.

However, if Baltimore pulled the upset Monday... they would be 2-5, with San Diego at home prior to the bye.

The Chargers could easily leave M&T with a win, but coming East for a 1PM start can be difficult. Ravens traditionally strong at home. Let's say the Ravens found a way (likely numerous Cards turnovers) to win Monday, and finished out their first half by beating San Diego at home.

At that point they are 3-5, with an extra week to prepare for the Jaguars. I'd like their chances to improve to 4-5.

They would then have a 3 game stretch of St. Louis, @ Cleveland, and @ Miami.   I've said several times this year that I like the Rams talent. Got a nice DL, and now a running game. Some speed...  but if Baltimore has won 3 in a row going into that game, I'd like the Ravens at home.

A split in the games at the Browns, and Dolphins, and the Ravens would be 6-6 with 4 left. Where they would need to win 3 of 4 (Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh, @Bengals) to have any chance at the last WC.

My guess is Harbaugh has been selling the locker-room on showing up on National TV Monday night, and still trying to convince guys that there was still an opportunity to salvage the season. I'm interested in seeing if the Ravens show up Monday and play with some pride, or if they are just run over immediately from the kickoff.

You're talking yourself into it.

I think this team has zero chance to beat the Chargers. They have no answer of late to Phillip Rivers style which is the same as Andy Dalton and Tom Brady. Quick drop and its gone. Tannehill as well. Had a bad year but will look like Joe Montana against this D.

A little chance to beat AZ. Not sure how the national game mentallity, cant afford to lose another game mentality, AZ looks over the Ravens maybe...who knows.

Those other teams a previous Ravens team would beat. But not this team. Probably lose two to JAX, CLE, STL, MIA.

Its the Ravens best chance to go on a 5-2, 6-1 run. But they just arent good enough to do that.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=