683 replies to this topic

#681 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:38 PM

Joe has to get that ball out of the endzone.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#682 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

No, I was talking about Gillmore. Haven't seen a replay. But I didn't think that was a catchable ball for him. Or even one he can play defense on or commit a penalty to prevent. Will have to take another look tomorrow.

I guess he could have had a blatant offensive PI, but otherwise you're right. He had no chance at that. It was a desperation situation, so I wouldn't bash Joe much, but that ball either needs to go out of the end zone or needs to be put in a position to be a jump ball.

#683 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Joe has to get that ball out of the endzone.

Sure...but he is trying to make a desperation play and is trusting his TE to understand that.

Throwing it out of the end zone was an option there but Joe did nothing wrong. He just needed his guy to make a play
and he has no help.

#684 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

The idea that it wasn't catchable for Gilmore is the problem. He should have been in position. He was looking around like he had no idea the ball was coming and by the time he figured it out, it was too late.

He should have known that the ball was coming in that fashion.

We talked about Pitta last week. Pitta makes a play there. He may not catch it but he is in better position to make a play on the ball or the defensive player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=