• Please log in to reply
5819 replies to this topic

#5641 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 July 2022 - 12:30 PM

There’s a closer metro at Morgan Blvd but that’s still a mile away. That wouldn’t have helped much last night anyway since I think metro stops running around midnight. If you didn’t get on that last train after show you’re screwed.

Yeah that one is at the edge of the failed shopping center. It was supposed to move on past those and go to fed ex. But pissing matches and all plans got changed.

Yeah metro sucks and that became a much bigger issue after fed ex was built. It was never a prob back in the day but now it’s about useless to take metro anywhere.
@JeremyMStrain

#5642 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 12:54 PM

The Weeknd rules though, so that’s cool at least.

Yeah. Awesome concert and stadium was fine for the show. Everything else sucked. And also, no water fountains. At least not on the club level. Barbaric.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5643 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 12:55 PM

Yeah that one is at the edge of the failed shopping center. It was supposed to move on past those and go to fed ex. But pissing matches and all plans got changed.

Yeah metro sucks and that became a much bigger issue after fed ex was built. It was never a prob back in the day but now it’s about useless to take metro anywhere.

Metro is OK if you’re not in a hurry. I took it Friday to Nats game from Shady Grove and it was fine. Expensive though.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5644 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 July 2022 - 01:47 PM

Metro is OK if you’re not in a hurry. I took it Friday to Nats game from Shady Grove and it was fine. Expensive though.

Between the rising prices, construction, weird times and safety concerns we stopped using it a few years ago. Used to quite a lot for Caps season tickets.
@JeremyMStrain

#5645 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 02:22 PM

Driving to DC is usually worse than taking the metro. My wife hates it though, so I usually only take it when I’m going to DC solo. 

#5646 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 August 2022 - 07:08 AM

Yeah. Awesome concert and stadium was fine for the show. Everything else sucked. And also, no water fountains. At least not on the club level. Barbaric.

Water fountains were turned off a few weeks ago for the Arsenal - Everton game at the Bank.  I don't know how stadiums get away with something like that.

#5647 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 07:37 AM

Water fountains were turned off a few weeks ago for the Arsenal - Everton game at the Bank.  I don't know how stadiums get away with something like that.

Covid. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5648 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 07:59 AM

Driving to DC is usually worse than taking the metro. My wife hates it though, so I usually only take it when I’m going to DC solo. 

Not trying to compare turds, but Baltimore is getting worse daily, to the point, its not even safe in broad daylight.

Yes, I still drive both cities, when I have to, but its never a fun time for either.

#5649 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 08:15 AM

I guess it's for COVID. I also think the fountains get turned off late in the season too. I guess to avoid pipes freezing.

#5650 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 08:16 AM

Not trying to compare turds, but Baltimore is getting worse daily, to the point, its not even safe in broad daylight.

Yes, I still drive both cities, when I have to, but its never a fun time for either.

I've driven all over the world. Driven on the left. Driving in DC is still a roller coaster of emotions for me. I'd prefer to avoid it.

#5651 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,510 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 August 2022 - 05:46 PM

And also, no water fountains. At least not on the club level. Barbaric.

Just wait for a pipe to burst. Since it's just *ahem* rainwater, it should be potable.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#5652 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:16 PM

A-hole drivers. Within last week I saw a car swerving all over the highway at 2 am, road rage incident yesterday involving a Jetta and a big rig truck without a tractor that nearly caused several accidents on 70. And a guy darting in and out of traffic on 83 this morning. Oh and some dickhead who refused to merge on 70 as you go toward Towson on 695. People are dicks.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#5653 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:20 PM

Feel like this is one of those things that has somehow gotten exponentially worse after the pandemic. And it wasn’t a problem that needed to get worse.

#5654 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 01:39 PM

It's gotten to the point where any drive on a major highway includes an incident with a bad driver. It kind of ruins the idea of going anywhere.

And then there are the damn deer. I still haven't gotten my car back from the body shop after hitting a deer June 15th.

#5655 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 August 2022 - 10:50 AM

Vertigo

#5656 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 11:22 AM

It's gotten to the point where any drive on a major highway includes an incident with a bad driver. It kind of ruins the idea of going anywhere.

And then there are the damn deer. I still haven't gotten my car back from the body shop after hitting a deer June 15th.

Sorry my friend, took me 3 months to get my car back and getting t-boned

supply system is really crazy stupid right now.

#5657 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:49 PM

Baseball is dead? Nah.

#5658 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 03:55 PM

So the show, “The Lady in the Lake” (Natalie Portman, Moses Ingraham) production in downtown Baltimore was shutdown because locals in the neighborhood threatened the producers. Apparently, unless they paid them money, they would come back and shoot someone.

How freakin stupid is this? Usually, when a production team has to go on sight (in public), there is a police detail assigned to cover the area. 

Did that not happen here? 

https://www.cbsnews....ion-police-say/

#5659 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 05:08 PM

So the show, “The Lady in the Lake” (Natalie Portman, Moses Ingraham) production in downtown Baltimore was shutdown because locals in the neighborhood threatened the producers. Apparently, unless they paid them money, they would come back and shoot someone.

How freakin stupid is this? Usually, when a production team has to go on sight (in public), there is a police detail assigned to cover the area.

Did that not happen here?

https://www.cbsnews....ion-police-say/

Why is it stupid to shut down the production? Obviously, those that put forth the threat either weren't deterred by a police presence, or the police weren't around when the threat was made.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5660 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 05:14 PM

Why is it stupid to shut down the production? Obviously, those that put forth the threat either weren't deterred by a police presence, or the police weren't around when the threat was made.

It's not stupid. They took the only course of action they could take. What's stupid is the lack of a police presence. It's embarrassing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=